Thread: Best DPS Spec ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Im sitting around 14-20k in 10man raids depending on encounter, for example got 21k on magmaw because of the 100% dmg taken by his head. Then only 16k to Atramedes because cant dps him in flight phase.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../karjiz/simple
    Combat log parses:
    Magmaw: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cxsb7...&e=1347#Karjiz
    Atramedes: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cxsb7...?s=5946&e=6355

All WoL's : http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/102810/

Deleted
    Unholy owns, with 2h.

Deleted
    DW Frost, high DPS and Treat!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So since were not target dummy simulators in BiS gear can we assume the dps specs of frost and unholy are pretty balanced and that it ultimately comes down to preference?

Deleted
    Unholy FTW!

Deleted
    DW unholy is pretty sweet right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC118 View Post
    Accordeing to ElitistJerks, Unholy 2H is best dps DK spec, then Frost and then Unholy DW untill you get T11(HC) gear, .
    Then when you get T11(HC) gear Unholy DW over takes by about 5%, then Unholy 2H, then Frost trails again by about 1.5%
    Fudge. You beat me to it.

^^^. That right there.

Hey Guys, just a question for the experienced unholy users here, basically at the moment i'm DW Frost http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orack/advanced
    and basically i'm contemplating swapping to unholy to test it out (full swap = reforge, glyphs ect ect)
    now my question is, currently i have 1 epic main hand, would it be best for me to swap to 2h Unholy and use Heroic Whitefin axe OR go DW unholy and use the the epic weapon i got at the moment, and well i've got like 6 1h's in my bags and hopefully wait for the one off magmaw, the 2nd part to question is, what would be better 2h with the Axe off magmaw or DW with 2 epic 1h weapons?, Thanks

~Azmyth

Deleted
    So i've been with unholy quite a while. Must say heroics are very fun to do spread diseases , dnd n just spam your standart spells meaning easy 14k+ average dps.

2-3 days ago did the pit lord in Tol barad and dished out almost 17k dps.
    Cant link my armory as im pretty new here yet - just search 'Ihit' - Alonsus (eu)
    Plus gotta love Destroyer of Worlds as im never touching archeology again , 4 days to get from 1 to 525 and get the sword was freakin exaustin

As people mentioned before until you get full epic 359 ilvl gear 2hand unholy is way to , afterwards dw unholy is few % ahead of 2h unholy.

Remember to use claw macro , and i have macro'ed blood tap followed by dark transformation wich means i have 1 button to press to empower mah ghoul.

3 main sources of your damage Scourge Strike , Ghoul and Death Coil. Remember to poop your trinkets, unholy frenzy and then summon your ggargoyle as hes nice addition to your dps.

Good Usage of AMS always helps with gaining runic power. Reforging and valuating stats on items is the key , as unholy we dont want to see mastery so if there is alternative - Crit/Haste , Haste/Hit combo go for it.

Small P.S my build has 1 point in deathgrip just because playing on ultra-low graphics i dont want desacration to mess up other effects that i would want to avoid.
    Last edited by mmoc7a131cc033; 2010-12-25 at 02:11 PM.

unHoly u should do fine if u spec right

This is a good thread. I recently had the same situation occur and I went from a DW Frost spec to a 2H Unholy spec. I was DW frost almost all through WotLK (up to and including H LK 25), and I know the ins and outs of the spec very well.

Anyhow, I did read on EJ that 2H Unholy would perform better than DW Frost in raid-level gear. This is what most people in this thread aren't interpreting correctly. I took the time to regem/reforge my gear and pick up some new pieces to better suit 2H Unholy to test this out. The initial impact wasn't very stellar. Turns out I was averaging the same and sometimes higher DPS as DW Frost in mostly 346 gear. After about 3-4 days now to get used to the spec, my DPS has raised slightly. On the Rajh achievement "Sun of a..." I averaged 19.7k DPS as unholy with lust available. This was with two new epic 359 pieces. The week prior to this, I averaged 18.5k as DW Frost with lust on a more movement-intensive fight with less gear.

As for a story not similar to mine, the recent records for "top 200 DPS in Baradin Hold" has a DW Frost DK within 100 DPS for a 2H Unholy DK.

Moral of the story -- DW Frost and 2H Unholy are very similar in DPS right now. Keep in mind that EJ posts solely on theory and simulation. There are many aspects of a fight that aren't accounted for or are often overlooked when mathematically solving hypothetical situations. Stick with whatever spec you feel most comfortable with among the two until evidence shows otherwise one really comes out on top.

Edit: If you want to see what level of gear I'm using for these numbers, check: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blonk/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Simsons2 View Post

Good Usage of AMS always helps with gaining runic power.
    That's what I love from unholy, pretty much very fight has something you can soak, besides saving mana for the healers or preventing a death, you make your dpsing even more smooth by PROCing runic corruption.

frost rapes unholy in bgs and and aoe fights, but there's no denying the op ness of unholy in arena's and boss fights

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    2h unholy for life... better than nothing. period.

really its a matter of personal preference. honestly you can theorycraft all you want but there is one thing those always overlook- What do you prefer?- I personally cannot stand unholy, and when i dps in unholy that shows. if your not having fun in the spec your in it really doesnt matter if its the highest output. I use frost DW and can blow most unholy and frost dps i know out of the water. But, like i said its a personal preference. The more fun you have the better you will be at your desired spec. if you wish go ahead and examine my character. server korgath character Fröstclaw (alt 148 for the O).

Deleted
    unholy>frost but i like frost more

Deleted
    Plus obviously it depends how straight hands are of player whos playing the Death Knight :P Surprised no one mentioned this

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 2h unholy and I've been doing 15-19k in almost every heroic I've been in. Prior to being unholy i was 2h frost and wasn't able to get above 11k.

I do better in 2h frost but you should really play the style that you like best. Unholy can be really fun.