Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Struggling with hit rating

Hey everybody, I have a basic question. Is there any simple trick to becoming hit capped in cata? i feel like im i mssing something. I raided all through wotlk and understand very well how hit works. but right now in cata i am 85 with an average ilvl of 341. I have a lot of gear with hit, and every other piece that doesn't has been reforged for some more hit. i even have a few hit gems in there. I have a total of 1229 hit and have a 5% miss chance on 88 / skulls. I understand in time gear will get better to help compensate but righ tnow i am at a total loss as to where i can acquire any more hit. I mean i know certain classes can get hit through spirit with points in certain talents but i dont think us lock have anything like that, and have read that we need to stay away from spirit all together. what do i do!!!??

Sorry i would like to post a armory page but for some reason i am having issue with the website

everybody is having an issue hit so it's nothing your alone with

Im just a little frustrated by it. my brother plays a hunter and only hit 85 like 2-3 days ago and he is already hit capped.

i'd recommend the trinket off the first boss in heroic halls of origination.

You might *gasp* have to gem and even enchant hit for a while until you get more raid gear. Terrifying, I know, not just gemming exactly the same as everyone else, but you'll get used to it.

Also, hit trinkets are a big deal. Massive chunks of hit rating such as the one from H HoO

my warlock is gemmed full hit and reforged full hit for 17%. Already wearing 6 pieces of 359 + 1x 372 gear, and yet hit is a major issue. Blizzard really are reducing stat inflation early by making hit a problem.
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

try using hit rating elixirs too?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Int scales better than hit until 12k sp, so aim for 13-15% hit
    Last edited by gherkin; 2010-12-20 at 03:42 AM.

R.I.P. YARG

I'm a hunter and I got hit-capped on day 1 lol.

There is not trick. Get more gear, get more hit by gems, chants and reforges.
    And don't envy those with spirit conversion. For them spirit=hit, not better. They just have more options, but still have to stack the stat for the sole purpose of hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Souper friend View Post
    Im just a little frustrated by it. my brother plays a hunter and only hit 85 like 2-3 days ago and he is already hit capped.
    Hunters need about half the hit that spellcasters do.

Enchant, gem, and socket for it til you have it.

Look for two heroic hit rating trinkets. Found this info in less than a minute on wowhead.
    Anhuur's Hymnal - Halls of Origination Heroic
    Stump of Time - Tol Barad points

As a tank, i am in a similar boat. Finally got to 26 expertise but still only about 5.5% hit. Just gotta do what we need to do to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    I'm a hunter and I got hit-capped on day 1 lol.
    You're not a caster. I'm guessing that you've filled your measly 6% specials cap and sit there pleased. In that case, GTFO, casters need 17%.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the result for being one of the two caster classes, that cannot profit from will. Atm you have to have a hit trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Int scales better than hit until 12k sp
    maybe so, but missing taunts and polymorphs etc can be a pain in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I have had my eye on the trink for a while. only ran H HoO twice so far. but maybe il make it more common of a run to get that trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I'm hitcapped, this is how I've managed to do it
    Reforge everything to hit in this prio order:

Sprit
    Crit
    Haste
    Mastery

Use pure hit gems in all blue sockets (also lets me use the 3% crit damage meta)
    Use hit food

I guess without the trinket I'd be uncapped, therefore that's the linchpin. Unless you're an engineer and you can use 2 200+ hit cogwheels

Deleted
    I only got like... 7 359 items. Rest are 346. Was hitcapped even before i got those 359.

Check the BIS pre-raid item list from the sim-craft on EJ forums, get those items and win.
    Gemming Hit is a big waste of dps and probably the stupidest thing you could do. There's plenty of hit items out there. Reforging is fine, but gemming isn't.

To the poster above: why would you even have spirit gear in the first place? Seriously? Some people should just stop giving advice.

Quote Originally Posted by skillol210 View Post
    I only got like... 7 359 items. Rest are 346. Was hitcapped even before i got those 359.

Check the BIS pre-raid item list from the sim-craft on EJ forums, get those items and win.
    Gemming Hit is a big waste of dps and probably the stupidest thing you could do. There's plenty of hit items out there. Reforging is fine, but gemming isn't.

To the poster above: why would you even have spirit gear in the first place? Seriously? Some people should just stop giving advice.
    Wow! You are sooo cool... You are almost bis 2 weeks after the lauch of the expansion! wooooowwww...

Sorry, on topic,
    I dont know what to think about hit rating. Im mostly in blue from normal-heroics (average itlvl 338 i think). I have 10% haste, 12.5% hit, 12% crit and like 5.5k sp with fel armor. I tried the raid in Tol Barad this weekend, i was like at 11-12 k on the mobs but at 8-9k on the boss. Is it normal? I mean is it a hit rating problem or it's l2p? I dont know, it seems that i see a big difference between a heroic dungeon boss and a raid boss even if i only have 4.5% chance to miss. Somebody else have trouble?

Deleted

I am currently 0.26% over hit (affliction) and my average ilvl is 340. It really isn't that hard, just takes a bit of planning. Good luck.