Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The troggs in deepholm are also good, i dont see that on your list. with a potion of treasure finding on my mage i get like 150-200 embersilk an hour...theyre at the fractured front i think it is...

In Tol'Barad the battling Dwarf and Orc spirits. The magnets quest area. They are normally at 20% health and drop anywhere from 4-6 cloth every kill.

Another good spot even though the drop chance may not be as high as the other options is tol barad around the dock. They have a more then reasonable drop chance for embersilk, there are large amounts of them and they respawn fairly quickly. The ruins in uldum has better drop chances but its more tedious to farm then the spot in TB.

OP, what do you call "through the roof"? On my server they're barely at 15g a stack...not worth the effort for me...

I farm at the steps area you have to bombard with a catapult in north uldum, large groups with standard loot table but you have to be careful since there is an elite with each pack that can really hurt.
    Sanctity, level 110 Blood elf protection Paladin of <Fallout> on Tarren Mill EU

If you are a tailor, and go one heroic a day, you will drown in cloth. Thats 3-5 stacks every day, so I really don't see a reason to farm it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I find the prison on pvp zone (tol barad-lower part) the best for farming--all mobs can drop 3 cloth. Respawns there are insane and you dont even have 20s to drink/eat before other mob hits you.
    Thanks for this tip , went there and the drop rate like you said is v good and the respawns are awesome :P got 525 tailoring so fast after this tip lol <3

The best spot, of course, is to run a dungeon (if you're a tailor) because you get all the bonus loot off everybody else's corpses (if they loot and there is no other tailor).

The other best spot requires you to not complete all uldum quests. Specifically, this spot under a pyramid in the upper left of Uldum. Elite troopers there, theyr are all distracted with fighting other things, but they are at reduced health (like 70k out of 250k). They drop as fast as regular mobs but drop elite amounts.

As long as you don't complete the quest for that area, you can farm there. The quest auto-finishes after you kill your quest amount, so abandon the quest entirely (mobs will still be there).

It is hands down the best spot. Better than all those videos.

Tol barad is a pretty good, if not the best, farming area

Only downside is that you can farm 2h max and then you need to win it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syyply View Post
    Only downside is that you can farm 2h max and then you need to win it again.
    The area you farm in TB is not the win island, it is the lower part, you can always farm the restless soldiers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalfomancer View Post
    Another good spot even though the drop chance may not be as high as the other options is tol barad around the dock. They have a more then reasonable drop chance for embersilk, there are large amounts of them and they respawn fairly quickly. The ruins in uldum has better drop chances but its more tedious to farm then the spot in TB.
    Agreed. While I haven't actively farmed it, doing the TB dailies keeps up my stock of Embersilk.

While I didn't watch the videos I usually farmed it on the beach for alliance - where they are always fighting the horde. Using a treasure pot and it was very profitable.

However on my server the price of Embersilk is stomped flat by Frostweave prices.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    The key to farming this stuff is 'Northern Cloth Scavenging' - look it up on wowhead - it increases the amount of cloth you get from npcs - and yes, it works for cata mobs too. So combine that with your potion of treasure finding (which is well worth using if you are going to a good one hour farm. I personally use TB mobs but the other locations here sound good as well.

D

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite Twighlight Highlands spot is just inside Grim Batol. The troggs in the first room drop lots of cloth, coin, and an occasional green to sell or disenchant. (I am an enchanter so I d/e it all).

There's a dozen or so troggs, with 1 or 2 that will evade or be out of line of sight that you can never get -- so don't bother if you have an evader. Kill, exit, reset your instance, and go back in. You can usually do this repeatedly for hours without a problem-- only rarely do I get the "you've entered too many instances" error-- if that happens, I log out then in, and can go again.

Each mob has 38k or so hit points-- much less than the rest of Twilight Highlands, and you can pull them into the outer room if you need to control how many you fight at a time.
    Last edited by Mammabones; 2011-09-27 at 03:45 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like would like to add that having your potion of treasure finding helps a bunch while farming cloth in these locations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post
    Currently the prices of Embersilk Cloth are through the roof on my server (and probably on many more servers) so I decided to go around and find the best places possible to farm for it. I managed to find 3 different places, one in Uldum and two in Twilight Highlands. Below are links to each of these places and their youtube videos that I uploaded, hopefully it helps someone out!

Twilight Highlands 1 - http://www.almarsguides.com/wow/farm...embersilk2.cfm
    Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRH-VzKEOY&

Twilight Highlands 2 - http://www.almarsguides.com/wow/farm...embersilk1.cfm
    Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-13wsF6jbRw&

Uldum Farming Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xFIWYty3M

This should help all those Tailors out there and anyone else looking to raise their first aid skill. Good luck and happy hunting!

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 03:56 PM ----------

any feedback would be nice
    Best place is to go to Stonehearth in Deepholme. The trogs. There are shit tons of them, and they respawn fast. Grab a potion of treasure finding, and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by Manek View Post
    The troggs in deepholm are also good, i dont see that on your list. with a potion of treasure finding on my mage i get like 150-200 embersilk an hour...theyre at the fractured front i think it is...
    I tend to do this on my priest, gather everything with dots and just Mindsear the entire groups down. It's stupidly simple and fast.
    I get about, like quoted, about 150/200 on normal and if lucky even to 250/300ish. Not to mention the treasure finding stuff ;D

Don't forget to use a finding.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to use a finding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we might be at a place where nine year old threads can be closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."