The Convince Me Sub Is Not An Awesome Raiding Spec

Title says it all convince me how sub is not an amazing spec. It has such great talents and HoT is epic. I just dont see how assassinations talent pool does anything
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

............are you trolling cause mutilate is top dps atm lol

Like to achieve the most damage I see all of Subs talents doing great stuff I just don't understand Assassinations talents.

I've yet to see a single rogue break 8k DPS since I dropped my rogue in October.

So...eh. I guess Sub might be awesome. I mean awesome doesn't have to mean best, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    assassination beats sub by a lot, it's also waaay easier to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Sub is fun to play, but its damage is sub par compared to mutilate. And yeah, mut is a ton easier to play.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fchcZZcGcbduhRGo look how beautiful this spec is so clean no 2/3 or 1/2s its amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not. I don't need to convince you it's not.

If you want to use it, go ahead.

You'll do less DPS than any halfway decent Mut rogue and you won't get into a guild doing it.

So, have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun? Yes. Good? Not really, no.
    On WoW in terms of trees, Fun=/=Good, usually. :C

Try mute you'll be happy once you get the hang of it. Bigger numbers. Not as fun imo though.
    But hey, WoW is about recount and gearscore, not fun.

Mut does more damage, and doesn't suffer as much of a DPS loss on non tank'n'spank fights.

If anyone wants sub to be raid viable, it's me, I <3 the spec. But it's lowest DPS spec at the moment, and by a wide margin. Not to mention, the rotation is harder to sustain (not complex)... i.e. you need to use more finishers.

Recoup, SND + Rupture need to all stay up and unlike Assassination, the "Refresh Talent" is percentage based, meaning while Assassination can 1 CP SnD followed by 1 CP Envenom to net a 5 CP SnD, Sub only has a 20% chance per CP on Evis to refresh Rupture (and not to it's max duration).

So not only does Sub have more buffs/debuffs to keep up, they're harder to sustain. It's just not in a good place for PvE.

Sub is so much fun to play. :3 I think every rogue wishes it's difficulty was rewarded with top raid dps among the 3 trees.

However, mutilate is top score. Anyone who raids somewhat seriously and min/max's will go mutilate.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

That build is not good by far...

@shockedandawed: just one question... how exactly do you think you will manage with the hit cap with that build? I have hit on almost all of my items plus almost all of them are reforged to hit, plus hit gems, plus hit enchants PLUS 2 points in Precision and I am a little above the spell hit cap. It is not only fun, that you have to take into account my friend. Plus one CP each 4 sec is not so good.

I just saw that you do not have Energetic Recover in your build... one question, are we speaking about PVP or PVE here, I am confused? You should be able to put a value on that talent for PVE right?

Put some thought in the build man... things are not as simple as they seem...

5/2/34 is your build in general, where you may take one point from Lethality to put it in Precision. As I do not play sub I may be mistaken with the spell hit cap value but it should be the same as Assassination.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriau View Post
    I've yet to see a single rogue break 8k DPS since I dropped my rogue in October.

So...eh. I guess Sub might be awesome. I mean awesome doesn't have to mean best, right?
    8's pretty low.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4399&e=4790

As it stands, Assn rogues are optimal in all cases, with combat not far behind. Sub is a good 2-5k behind depending on gear and boss fight.

Deleted
    I dont know, i tend to do 10-12k on 5 man heroics (depending on fight), and i only play as subt... but i did try mut yesterday (didnt change much of my gear though) and i just wasnt impressed by it, its too easy, granted the 30k crits were nice, but i crit for 18 + with backstab ambush and evis... now i havent raided yet, i will this tuesday to see for sure how it handles

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fchcZZcGcbduhRGo look how beautiful this spec is so clean no 2/3 or 1/2s its amazing
    that's a pretty bad version of sub i think as you are leaving out the recouperate talent "Energetic Recovery" which is a key part of the spec for energy regeneration.

may want to try:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fchcZZcGcfdh0RGo

also it's easier for sub to maintain SnD, Recouperate and Rupture (through Eviscerate) with it's combo point generation from Honour Amongst Thieves giving a point about every 2 and a bit seconds in a raid environment, it is unfortunate however that it does not reward good play as much as the much simpler mute rotation.

Deleted
    So Blizz failed in order to make all specs about the same and all rogues are choosing Mut instead of Sub just because it is better in a objetive (not subjetive, as intended) way. Well done blizzard!