Thread: Guild Rep Cap

Cool Guild Rep Cap

Ok so basically the problem is, that I am not honored with my guild yet but I also am not receiving any guild rep when doing guild heroics, I've been stuck at roughly 5k/6k guild rep for about 3 days now and I was capped last week at 900/6000. I would assume that I am capped but people who had less rep than me last week, approx 500/6000 have hit honored this week by doing practically nothing but maybe a heroic a day and got honored by Friday of this week. If anyone could shed a little light on what the problem is or what I'm doing wrong it would be much appreciated, thanks for your time.

I was just wondering the same thing... A couple people in the guild who are online far less than I am are already honored but I'm at 4862 and was rep capped the first week. Been running heroics with the guild all day trying to get it up and it's stay there the entire time

10+ Year Old Account
    Do more quests.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-12-20 at 08:10 AM.

I've been doing 25/25 dailies everyday and questing in Hyjal until the rest of my potion of treasure finding wears off :/

Switching to quests won't help for that. You've just reached your weekly cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizdale View Post
    are you saying that my cap is lower than someone else in my guilds cap?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsdruid View Post
    are you saying that my cap is lower than someone else in my guilds cap?
    Yes, 3 things affect it.

1. The Human Racial Diplomacy works on Guild Reputation and raises your cap slightly.
    2. Mr. Popularity from Guild Level 4 also works on Guild Reputation so if you maxed your guild rep for the week and then you hit level 4, and your friend didn't log on for the week until after you had obtained Mr. Popularity, he could be ahead of you this way.
    3. There was a 1-3 hour window when Cataclysm was released where it was a 'different' week. So those 3 hours were the real first week, so people could be up to 3500 rep ahead of you (or more if they were human).

Here's a chart of the caps for humans and non-humans with different ranks of Mr.Popularity:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Guild_reputation
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-20 at 07:42 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Yea I don't see how some other guildies have 2500 more rep than I do when I've been capped both weeks :/
    Well that sucks I wasn't able to log on for a little over an hour and was definitely capped before we got guild level 4 :/ thanks for the answer
    Last edited by Goven; 2010-12-20 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizdale View Post
    The odd thing is that cap seems to differ between people. Then again, maybe it has something to do with 'what' you did in the first few hours of Cataclysm on tuesday: Technically the first few hours of the release were part of the 'week' before the reset.

Well thanks for the reply I guess, I did get to be capped within the first 3 hours, so it must be the fact that i got capped before guild level 4, and also we are a horde guild so that rules out humans

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    The odd thing is that cap seems to differ between people. Then again, maybe it has something to do with 'what' you did in the first few hours of Cataclysm on tuesday: Technically the first few hours of the release were part of the 'week' before the reset.
    Well besides what I mention above about Mr. Popularity and the Human racial, there is also a bug that prevents you from gaining any guild reputation at all. It is currently affecting myself and the GM from my ticket about it said "we're aware of a problem that prevents a few players from obtaining guild reputation and are working on a hotfix blah blah blah".

I've been stuck at 1674/6000 Friendly for over a week.

Now that I think about I believe I have a similar problem as you Simca, because the people who got honored in my guild got it before we hit mr. popularity, and these were the same people behind me before the weekly reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Well besides what I mention above about Mr. Popularity and the Human racial, there is also a bug that prevents you from gaining any guild reputation at all. It is currently affecting myself and the GM from my ticket about it said "we're aware of a problem that prevents a few players from obtaining guild reputation and are working on a hotfix blah blah blah".

I've been stuck at 1674/6000 Friendly for over a week.
    This and your previous post are only somewhat true. I'm at 4775/6000 Friendly, while my guild has members that are at 4500 into Honored. And it's not because they logged on before me on release day, since almost my entire guild(myself included) was online at 12PST and were on for 12+ hours.

The thing is that somehow, on release day and the day after, peoples caps got reset, so they pretty much got free rep. Not everyone got a cap reset, and some people even got TWO cap resets, putting them even further ahead of everyone else. If Blizzard doesn't resolve this blatantly retarded issue soon, a lot of people are going to be extremely pissed.

It is not because of human racial. I have been questing on my druid with a friend, and her human priest is capped at the same amount of rep as my NE druid. ~4157/6000 friendly. Someone who plays far less than us is like 3k into honored already. I know for a fact that this person did not get a head start on us when Cata released. This person is a dwarf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    This and your previous post are only somewhat true. I'm at 4775/6000 Friendly, while my guild has members that are at 4500 into Honored. And it's not because they logged on before me on release day, since almost my entire guild(myself included) was online at 12PST and were on for 12+ hours.

The thing is that somehow, on release day and the day after, peoples caps got reset, so they pretty much got free rep. Not everyone got a cap reset, and some people even got TWO cap resets, putting them even further ahead of everyone else. If Blizzard doesn't resolve this blatantly retarded issue soon, a lot of people are going to be extremely pissed.
    Yeah, I'm just talking about how the system is SUPPOSED to work.

There were and are definitely some large bugs they need to get fixing.

I mean I'm still stuck at 1674 Friendly and I've seen that number for nearly 2 weeks now.

I got 1174 rep before the first reset (3 hours after Cataclysm release) and then got 3500 rep that same day after the reset. After that Tuesday (release day), I've never ever gained another point of Guild reputation.

There is definitely a bug and some ppl had their cap reset twice in a week.
    My character is human but my friend is human too. He didn't log the night of the release so he didn't get that 3 hour opportunity before the reset, while at the end of the day in December 7 I had made over 6k guild reputation and I was capped. I was 3k guild rep ahead of almost everyone in my guild.
    This week my friend hit honored before me (he was doing a loot of quests when I was queuing for heroics) eventually he got capped I catch up with hem but now I'm only 1k guild rep ahead of him from 3k that was in the first week and yes I have been hitting the cap every week.

Speculation:
    Maybe blizzard give the opportunity to those who didn't log the first night to catch with everyone else and give them a free cap reset. So if you made only 1-2k in those 3 starting hours someone who haven't logged at all may get ahead of you because he get a free cap reset and get more time so hi make the full 3.5k rep.