Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How easy is cata?

Simple question.

How easy is it to gear upa nd get epics in cata?
    Is it like WOTLK or more like BC / Vanilla.

I'd like to know because i'm not sure if i should play again or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now? GRIND GRIND GRIND and even then you will be blues and as for BOE epic's you must do Heroic (Crafters) or buy them from AH. (But there is still a PVP gear so.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like Wrath, no. There are no epics from heroics (until the next raid tier, anyway), and very few crafted epics (again, probably until the next raid tier). So if you want epics, you have to raid or do rated PvP for most of them.

Deleted
    Enjoy it, while it doesn't suck. Better resub now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    It's not like Wrath, no. There are no epics from heroics (until the next raid tier, anyway), and very few crafted epics (again, probably until the next raid tier). So if you want epics, you have to raid or do rated PvP for most of them.
    thats kind of what i want to hear. I was hoping epics would become "epics" again and not random loot.

vanilla, I was only pvping, so cant say anything there

tbc heroics was harder, wotlk was alot easier

tbc raids was easier, HOWEVER! I was never in sunwell as I left before that, and I guess that was harder, wotlk was alot easier, some fights were hard tho

10+ Year Old Account
    its funny ppl act like epics didnt drop from the final bosses of tbc heroics either. that and it was very easy to gear up in tbc.

cata is difficult because i have to depend on lfg. (yea not every one of my guild tanks is up for multible heroics a day same with heals so grow up)
    im a boomkin i have 2.1 ccs my hiberante (for grim batol really) my roots for melee and my cyclone for oh shits.

problem is i some time sget randomly put with a warrior or dk (non tank) and neither have a cc. (some times more often than not acctually im stuck with both) atleast in tbcs start if u had a plate user they could OT if ur healer wasnt in greens 5 lvls below 70.

healers OOM quick even with my innervate and this is with out fights with any actual extra damage.

no issues with tanks though.

if leatherworking wasnt screwed up id be full epics right now. cause im a crafter and have money.... they would be pvp epics though... some would be pve

It's NOT like vanilla, and it's actually harder to get epics then start of TBC. Vanilla was insane to get full epic gear, but I guess it will be a bit easier when you start raiding. More like TBC without epics in heroics.

Baradin Hold is actually even hard.

Deleted
    Same as LK you spend most of your time grinding normals at level 85 until you have ilevel 329 at which you do heroics -> then you farm heroics non stop until you are completely geared (or buy gear with your justice/valor points) and then raid non stop for gear etc etc: However some heroics are rather hard I have to say such as Shadowfang Keep and it takes alot of time and patience for people to actually get a good group so if you want my advice, go with your guild as there is better communication and it is easier to make a group with them. No epics from heroics by the way only raids but I found that PvP is useful in some cases as the honor and conquest points can give you 265 bracers, cloaks etc: which although is not PvE stuff is still rather good until you get a decent PvE item.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    thats kind of what i want to hear. I was hoping epics would become "epics" again and not random loot.
    Once T12 is release T11 ilevel epics will be trivial to obtain, probably from both justice points and new 5 man dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    Same as LK you spend most of your time grinding normals at level 85 until you have ilevel 329 at which you do heroics -> then you farm heroics non stop until you are completely geared (or buy gear with your justice/valor points) and then raid non stop for gear etc etc: However some heroics are rather hard I have to say such as Shadowfang Keep and it takes alot of time and patience for people to actually get a good group so if you want my advice, go with your guild as there is better communication and it is easier to make a group with them. No epics from heroics by the way only raids but I found that PvP is useful in some cases as the honor and conquest points can give you 265 bracers, cloaks etc: which although is not PvE stuff is still rather good until you get a decent PvE item.
    No one grinded normal modes in WotLK. You hit 80 and it was straight to heroics you went.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Geek View Post
    Once T12 is release T11 ilevel epics will be trivial to obtain, probably from both justice points and new 5 man dungeons.
    Yes but no T11. T11 requires tokens from bosses. So in a sense, we won't have the wrath "oh look I'm in full T10 and did no raiding" players. Just the "oh look im in equivalent gear but not tiered" players

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    It's NOT like vanilla, and it's actually harder to get epics then start of TBC. Vanilla was insane to get full epic gear, but I guess it will be a bit easier when you start raiding. More like TBC without epics in heroics.

Baradin Hold is actually even hard.
    Agreed that it is easier to get gear now just keep the farming up.
    Also Baradin Hold is actually OK as a guild i did it with ilevel 330 and we managed to get him down you just have to remember to keep 1 group on either side to spread damage of meteor slash and move from fel firestorm its basically like VoA for gear which is a good idea to do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    Whats important though? The difficulty of the content or the color of the item? Dungeons are still very very easy and most guilds that are dedicated to raiding are downing bosses without much of an issue. I'd say the hardest part about Cataclysm is that it was released right before finals.

The truth is, the major difference between Cata and Wrath is the piece of gear you get at the end of a heroic isn't purple. But if you're looking for having to have carefully times CC's and bosses that you're not allowed to make mistakes on, then no, you wont get that. I think people hated Wrath so much that they want Cata to desperately be unlike Wrath, but truthfully, it's more like Wrath than BC or Vanilla.

It's still a really fun game and the boss mechanics in the Raids are a ton of fun, but it isn't really that hard, and Epics are still going to feel not so epic. So if you come back, come back because you want to experience the content, not because you want to be the only person in SW/ORG wearing purple.

At least that's my opinion so far.

Same as LK you spend most of your time grinding normals at level 85
    the day wow becomes a non grinding game , the day wow dies hehe ^^ i honestly think is all about grind what we talking about and yes gearing wise is a bit harder than tbc but not sure if harder than vanilla.... mm m

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say, its kind of like a slightly more balanced, easier version of TBC.
    But still a ton harder than wotlk.

Getting full 333 gear from normals + questing + rep took me about 2-3 days.

It's something of a happy medium between BC and WotLK. Epics are somewhat easier to come by than in BC, but do not drop in heroics, and are not available for Justice Points (the lowest tier of currency). They are fairly easy to obtain in very small numbers through Reputation grinding with Tabards in dungeons and crafting.

i think people have a memory problem

in wotlk was one of the first in my guild to hit 80 and was part of the first 10 man group that went into Naxx

now me and my brother (who previously to Cata always leveled together as warrior and priest) consider ourselves pretty good at identifying and targeting gear within the game as we level or do quests, dungeons and grind rep etc.

in wotlk i went into Naxx with a few epics from Heroics mostly blues and even a couple greens

epics dropping on every boss in heroics did not come in until the later tiers in wotlk.
    at the start there was maybe only 4 (weak) epics and 4 blues on the final end bosses loot table.

although i'm not chasing end game in Cata (im basically retired from raiding) i have been speaking to my brother constantly as he has leveled to 85 and went into heroics and you can get epics from rep vendors relatively easily and there are plenty Heroic entry level blues around just like there were in Wotlk

the Heroics are hard when you go in but get easier as you get better gear, by the time a raid teir or two has been out they will be faceroll for everyone except for the few complete idiots who can never grasp anything and tun up with cloth on a hunter and the like.

Cata is not the "second coming" some people seem to think it is.

this is just the start.

people will eventually get a "free pass" into the next tier and the next and the next because Blizzard doesn't want anyone left behind and disinclined to play.

"hard" heroics will be nerfed and gear inflation will make them "easy" regardless

trust me, by the time the 2nd tier of Cata is out the word "welfare" will be all over the forums again from the same people who atm think Cata is some attempt to make end game raiding as "exclusive" as it was in Vanilla or TBC (it really isn't guys. Blizzard wants more people playing not more people giving up)
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-20 at 08:20 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Deleted
    Cata just rocks! I love all the casuals whine about whiping all the time in hrcs or that ppl have to discover the instances first or WTB mageportals etc. Those ppl are the real casuals and therefor I even more enjoy Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should not be any epics outside of raids.. Justice Points should remain Blue and every new 85 should start with the current content, to make it more attractive, make the new content drop Valor Points. Therefore even the lowest raids will be played for the badge reason and new players can grab loot. It will take alot more time to gear up, but its actually as it should be. Who the hell was still in naxxramas after ToC came out? There was absolutley NO reason to clear it.
    But it was actually kinda fun to do a kara-badge-run.