Loading screen takes between one and two MINUTES.

Hi MMO-champion!

Recently my loading screen has used ages loading. It's 100% buffered(Or what you call it), but still it takes even 1 or 2 minutes loading. This has happened to me during the last week.

During this time I have once been queued into a heroic, went first boss, wiped at 2nd. When we where running back in, I was kicked when my loading screen was done, apparently they thought I was AFK. Ok. Then I queue for another heroic, this is apparently a dungeon already in progress. So when I am on my way in, I get kicked AGAIN.

Anyone have any clue how to fix this issue? It's driving me mad! I've tried to google it, but wow official forum threads before 1 december isn't readable because they have new forums. So there is not much answers to get with google.

I hope MMO-champion can help me!

Mangooz - 85 - Paladin - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Nerfness - 80 - Rogue - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Twiiz - 80 - Death Knight - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Tazy - 80 - Mage - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Blackrage - 85 - Warlock - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Turdz - 80 - Warrior - Silvermoon - Alliance

That must be some problems with your addons. Try deleting the WTF folder and re-configure your addons. You should also untick the "Load outdated addons" box in the character selection screen.

Hmm, I will try this. However, I've read som unofficial forums and it seems some people had the same issue about the time WoTLK was released. They said it was fixed by itself though..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangooz View Post
    Hmm, I will try this. However, I've read som unofficial forums and it seems some people had the same issue about the time WoTLK was released. They said it was fixed by itself though..
    Maybe you should just live with it then
    Until it's gone ofc

Why do you lie? You can't kick someone who just joined a group in progress.. Have to wait a few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine used to do that. I switched over to SolidState HD's and my load time now takes about 10s with all of my mods.

Look for any out-of-date mods, try to update them, if they won't update then look for a replacement. That'll help a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Why do you lie? You can't kick someone who just joined a group in progress.. Have to wait a few minutes.
    "Have to wait a few minutes"... My loading screen

No, I don't lie. Why would I lie?

But I think it might be Zygor's leveling guide which makes this bug, didn't remember I had it.

Our tank left, and an idiot tank joined. Had to wait around 5, or 10, minutes before we could kick him. I doubt your loading screens are that long, especially since you said 1-2 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having problems with the loading screen as well since the past few weeks.
    It's not taking minutes to load, but i can no longer alt-tab when i've got a loadingscreen. For some reason this will get me disconnected... 100% reproducable, no alt-tab: it loads well (takes +- 15-20sec), if i do alt-tab, takes about 1 minute and then disconnected...

10+ Year Old Account
    You need more RAM and/or a better video card, I'm in the same boat as you, happens to me all the time and I have a decent video card but HORRID RAM, 1gb (I have no clue how my comp. runs WoW now as it is) But yeah 2 or 3 more gbs which is like 50-75$ should give a you a real noticeable difference.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Generally deleting WTF and/or Cache folders speeds this up. Addons are huge when it comes to loading screens also.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could also just be the computer being old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Could also just be the computer being old.
    I would say this.

Full server, no addons on, ogrimmar logging on my wooden 5 year old pc = 8 minute loading screen (my char is put to away state when I get to play it!)

Basically, dont log out near the main AH/near garrosh building or SW's trade disctrict. The loading screen takes ages even with good computers (have tested). Ogrimmar/Stormwind are new lagarans, atleast theres no other faction on tiny island but now theres double the amount of people from 1-85. Dala had mostly just 80s and some of them were at main cities due dala not having AH.

The kick wait time is different for different people, depends on how often you use it.

At the op: disable every addon you don't need, especially auctioneer. If you have a huge data pool of scans, it could increase the loading time by a minute or more on slow machines
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

i have the same problem , but its cause of the proxy i was using to get lower ping , my avg ping is 600ms , with the proxy its 200+ but it also increases the loading time , there's a small bar below the loading bar everytime i use the proxy for some reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    You need more RAM and/or a better video card, I'm in the same boat as you, happens to me all the time and I have a decent video card but HORRID RAM, 1gb (I have no clue how my comp. runs WoW now as it is) But yeah 2 or 3 more gbs which is like 50-75$ should give a you a real noticeable difference.
    It is not my computer.

I got 4gb ram and Nvidia Geforce 9800 gtx/gtx+

I know its not the best computer, but it runs lag-free in black ops and bad company 2 (Which I think requires more than wow)

I'm at work atm, but I tried logging in while I was logged on to logmein, and it sure went alot faster when I removed Zygor's leveling guide + talent advisor. Also removed Gearscore (which isn't really necessary anymore with ilvl coming)
    Last edited by Mangooz; 2010-12-20 at 11:11 AM.

I would love to see a screensot of your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Om1 View Post
    I would love to see a screensot of your UI
    It look about the same as it did in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tqzFiHthN4