Thread: Mirrored blades

10+ Year Old Account

Mirrored blades

Mirrored Blades Rank 2

When attacked by a spell while in Deterrence, you have a 100% chance to reflect it back at the attacker.

I'm wondering if this works on Bosses?

For instance In Vortex Pinnacle - Asaad:

Supremacy of the Storm
    Channeled
    Lightning strikes from the storm above Asaad, inflicting massive damage to all enemies.

Is it possible for me to stay out of the anti-magic zone and nuke the boss with Deterrence?

Another example: Dragons in Bastion of Twilight:

Devouring Flames
    Unlimited range
    2.5 sec cast
    Devouring Flames inflicts 80000 Shadow damage every 1 sec, the damage is lower the further the target is from the origin of the Devouring Flames.

Again can this damage be reflected back?

there are lots of other boss abilities that do Spell damage, and could possibly be reflected.

Anyways I just wanna hear your thoughts!
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

Deleted
    i dont think so since the spell counts as "AOE"

Deleted
    Deterrence doesn't work on AoE and you can't attack while Deterrence is up.

Works similar to spell reflection, it only reflects what blizzard wants you to reflect. Dont expect to reflect anything for massive damage, or to save someone a death.

AoE and instant damage over time spells with no travel time.

Quote Originally Posted by babuka View Post
    Deterrence doesn't work on AoE and you can't attack while Deterrence is up.
    You can litterly dance infront of Mimiron while he is casting http://www.wowhead.com/spell=63631 in first phase and I'm certain this spell can be categorized as AoE, You can deflect many bosses AoE but not all.

Deleted
    No, it doesn't damage the boss, but it's still a great way to save yourself if that stupid priest didn't dispel your Static Cling! (did that today, pretty funny when the rest of the group was like 'wtf how can you survive that!?' >=)

Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    a great way to save yourself if that stupid priest didn't dispel your Static Cling!

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help] [] Master's Call

Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    but it's still a great way to save yourself if that stupid priest didn't dispel your Static Cling!
    They shouldn't have to dispel you at all you should jump when he starts casting static cling and you never get the debuff. And then use masters call for emergency's

Deleted
    deterence SUCKS now in pvp :s

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    deterence SUCKS now in pvp :s
    Wrong thread for your QQ.

Deleted
    Mirrored blades has made Detterence alot more as a Defensive mechinsm, providing damage and sometimes CC if I am focused in a crowd.

The only problem I ever had with detterence is the 2 min duration is huge for a 5 second moment of breathing space.