Thread: Renew macro?

Renew macro?

Any disc priests running a good renew macro out there? I remember someone posting a macro to get the full use out of the ticks. Might have used PW: S in it as well. I can't seem to find it or remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't. Until you're pushing more like 6 ticks out of renew its not worth it at all, and even then it's a fairly nurtured tool, as you can't reach any of the synergistic talents for it.

If you're looking for a fire and forget so you can go back to healing a higher priority target it's not *bad* for disc, but you shouldn't be trying to roll it.

Ok then, fair enough I suppose.

Even for tank healing? Does that make tank healing for disc something like this:

Keep weakened soul up > Fill GHeal > Penance if in a pinch
    ? (Assuming ToT spec which people appear to be favoring over the SoS build)

10+ Year Old Account
    If the tank is taking a ton of damage I'll usually throw a Renew on him/her after PW:Sing for the haste buff. It's extra healing so even though it's not as potent as Holy's, it's still something.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any builds that drop SoS except for smite builds, but I haven't been looking too hard. I do know that GHeal spam is our highest HPS, and not terribad on the HPM either, so I could see it being viable, though fairly boring.

And yes, using BT on a renew adds at least one tick, making it a more attractive spell. And if that's what was being looked for, my apologies. In that case, though, you wouldn't need a macro, as you'd only be casting it after a shield.
    Last edited by Orapronobis; 2010-12-20 at 08:43 PM.

Ya, I only use it on tanks, only after shield. Just wondering if a macro existed. TY tho!