Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torture View Post
    Armour really isn't something I've looked at yet. The biggest problem with armour is that it's exponentially less effective the more avoidance (not block) that you have, because parries and dodges never check against it. I honestly have no idea whether the portion of a block which hits you checks against armour or whether the reduction is done by block and then simply applied to you, would be interesting to find that out actually.

So the honest answer is that I can't give you a comparative armour value, and because so few pieces now have bonus armour it's hard to stack it the way we did in wrath EH builds, so the trinkets are a little like 'dipping a toe' in the armour pool with no other gear choices to help you take that further.

My personal feeling is that the bonus armour on the trinket provides so little direct mitigation that it's not worth replacing an avoidance or mastery trinket for. I'm not buying the badge trinket for that reason. I may be wrong, that's only my own personal opinion.

As for DR, I've now answered it in the other thread and I'll update this one at some point next week
    The logic seems to make sense but IMO it's not valid. It's like saying that block loses it's value the more avoidance we have (although true as well), yet that doesn't make block a bad stat even if we had alot of avoidance. Naturally me saying this doesn't mean that I'm saying that armor is worth it, cos I honestly don't know either. We still do take so much physical damage that it would seem OK, but like you said the armor amounts on that and other trinkets etc. is so small that it may not be worth it like it wouldve been to some point in wotlk.

What comes to the block and armor mitigation, it most likely check first how much damage you would take if you took a full hit, meaning armor mitigated and after that takes away whatever block mitigates. It would be utterly shit if it ignored our armor just cos we block. Even priest bubble first check how much damage you would've actually taken, instead of simply absorbing an unmitigated amount.
    Last edited by mmoca22428f18d; 2010-12-26 at 06:40 PM.

Excellent post!

I do wonder one thing though, the 102.4% that we should be aiming for, does that include with our "Shield Block" ability that gives us 25% higher chance to block?

Or do you mean that we should reach 102.4% without relying on "Shield Block"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbak View Post
    Excellent post!

I do wonder one thing though, the 102.4% that we should be aiming for, does that include with our "Shield Block" ability that gives us 25% higher chance to block?

Or do you mean that we should reach 102.4% without relying on "Shield Block"?
    Both; my first priority was to reach high enough block and avoidance to be able to become unhittable with Shield Block. After that, my priority is to make sure I have enough stamina to keep my health pool on a sustainable level as we progress and stack up as much avoidance and mastery to eventually reach 102.4% without Shield Block.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently reforged all my parry into dodge and gained 1% more avoidance due to DR, dr does affect the stats at any percentage just the curve steepens a lot at ~22%. Hold the line uptime is affected very little by losing a % or 2 parry in exchange for dodge, Bearing in mind that on chimaeron its your pure avoidance that matters not your block/crit block i'd reccomend you reforge to keep dodge/parry as close as possible to each other to get the maximum amount of avoidance possible.

Torture has 1% more parry and 1.5% more block than me but at a 22k hp loss, The way i look at it is, my guild has yet to wipe on an encounter due to healer mana, more often than not its a strat fail, tank death or boss mechanic being unhealable due to RNG(fued /rage) so my HP is far more important than my avoidance as I do drop sub 35% pretty frequently on some fights and the HP buffer is extremely important.

Awesome read, thanks for the info. I knew the basic ideas from EJ, now i have better information to go off of and reforge and all the other stats. my tank spec is my offspec this expansion but i wanted to get the numbers right so if my guild wanted me to offtank, i'll be ready!

thanks for the post /bookmarked