Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    The bracketed portion works the same as [stance:2]. The macro you listed has the potential to have your aspect toggled off. At least make them say /cast !Aspect of the Hawk so they can't be toggled off if you have aspects macroed into certain shots or abilities or if you accidentally double-tap.

The error message has always shown up, but it's not skipping the modifier as you say it is. Out of all the macros I've used, the one I listed above works the best and has never malfunctioned on me.

edit: Didn't mean for this to sound so snappy, just explaining why the macro is set up that way.
    "Aspect" is not a supported macro option and it is not doing anything. It doesn't work like the stance modifier. If it did work like the stance modifier, it would only switch to Hawk if you were in "Aspect 2", which is Fox. It doesn't. It switches to Hawk always, except if already in Hawk. I was honestly surprised to see someone using Aspect as a modifier (excited, actually, because it would be amazing if it worked), so I went and tested it and quickly found that it did absolutely nothing to the macro logic.

Also, I find it rather rude that you would criticize my macro for not having the exclamations when it is your macro that did not have them, I was simply removing your bracketed portion. I do have exclamations in my macro in game, they just weren't relevant to my saying the aspect modifier doesn't work.

Honestly though, if Aspect or Stance worked as modifiers for Hunters, we could write macros that cast a different shot based on different aspects. Or write a macro that switches to Hawk for our instant casts if you we are in Fox or have no Aspect up, but not switch to Hawk if we are in Cheetah. We can't do that.

On a druid, you can write a macro that casts ravage if in stealth and in cat form, casts mangle if in cat form but not stealth, casts maul if in bear form, and casts moonfire if in no form. This kind of macro logic has not been allowed for Hunter aspects.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Given that hunters now will be required to switch much more frequently, I feel that gentle pressure on blizzard forums to have them moved to being stances instead of personal buffs would be good. Currently, they are selfbuff spells that can't be dispelled and don't expire (ie nature res aspect)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    Given that hunters now will be required to switch much more frequently, I feel that gentle pressure on blizzard forums to have them moved to being stances instead of personal buffs would be good. Currently, they are selfbuff spells that can't be dispelled and don't expire (ie nature res aspect)
    This would probably be a good idea, though changing aspects manually and / or through the use of a minor macro *which usually finds a way to let you down anyway* can be classed as extra skill involved in the class which i kinda like.

Still, roll on hunter stances reallt, they are even on a *stance* bar these days :/

Deleted
    if you have Hawk and you use cheetah for a few secs then you probably want to use hawk again, but if you have a hawk-fox macro you gonna get fox first, thats the basic reason i have all 3 binded diferently