Gonna roll a Pally, need some advice.

So, I've always liked the look and layout of the Paladin. What is leveling spec/PvP spec though leveling? Is tanking viable early on? etc..

(Sorry for such noobish questions.)

u should look at the talent trees and decide for yourself. its better than asking the internet

zzzacs, I highly doubt looking at the talent trees is better than asking fellow paladins. Be constructive or don't post at all.

Schirm, tanking is definitely viable early on. I leveled my prot pally in wrath using only the LFG system. Levels 15-80. It's a good way to learn your class and role early on. (if you wanna be tanking at the level cap that is).

Prot questing might be a bit slower than Ret, except for kill quests, where you can take on 10 mobs at once and group quests, since you don't need to get a group to do them.

Prot is pretty much the only truely viable leveling spec these days, Ret just doesn't cut it comparatively and Holy is still Holy

Made a 2nd paladin to level with all these new 4.0 changes, and queued as tank at 15. Got Deadmines. Pretty much 4manned it with me tanking and healing with Word of Glory (Healer was basically off doing his own thing and dying) all the way through. Went on to do several more dungeons with the group (and a new healer, who I asked to just DPS and throw a healer or two at me if I needed it) and it was fast and smooth.

I imagine prot paladin will be similar to my experiences in leveling my Orc Prot Warrior, who seemed to be incapable of gathering enough mobs to kill at once.

edit: The thing about low level paladin Prot vs Ret, is that Ret doesn't have all that much in terms of multi-target attacks and it has a very long Crusader Strike. Prot is like a haste soft capped Ret Paladin with a Frisbee. I just think low level Prot has more to do than Ret or Holy. Though, you could make a Shockadin (I probably would have if I had my BoAs on this server to make it OP).
    Last edited by Regis Columbus; 2010-12-21 at 11:13 AM.