Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nice post...

Thanks alot for this, helped me alot

this totally should win the guide competition MMO Champ is running.

wow its very nice sharing here so thanks for it

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very useful, thnx for the post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riran View Post
    Players now have a much smaller chance of getting a dig site for a race for which they have completed all rare finds.
    Did anyone test what this "much smaller chance" means in %?
    Yep I can confirm this. I got my last NE rare on my 104th solve. From then onwards Tol'vir sites are quicker to respawn. I am actually keeping track on the frequency that kalimdor digsites appear. Till now I have seen 122 digsites spawn. The breakdown for each race is as follows:

DWARF - 1 digsites - NEW = 0.82% OLD = 1.45% CHANGE = -0.63%
    FOSSIL - 31 digsites - NEW = 25.41% OLD = 18.84% CHANGE = +6.57%
    NIGHT ELF - 24 digsites - NEW = 19.67% OLD = 50.72% CHANGE = -31.05%
    TOL'VIR - 53 digsites - NEW = 43.44% OLD = 23.19% CHANGE = +20.25%
    TROLL - 13 digsites - NEW = 10.66% OLD = 5.80% CHANGE = +4.86%

*Source for old percentages is Simca's post on the first page of this thread.

Therefore, once you finish all of the NE artifacts, less NE sites will spawn but you will see a substantial increase in Tol'Vir sites which makes the grind slightly less stressing. Hopefully, RNG permitting, I will soon be able to check if completing the Fossil rares will further increase the frequency of the Tol'Vir sites.

Archeology is kinda boring...

I am at 189 archeology, and have 310% flying + guild + crusader aura
    Do anyone have some tips that could make leveling archeology less boring?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonK View Post
    Sorry but no. Its just dull.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    Sorry but no. Its just dull.
    Too bad. I think it simply gets too boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonK View Post
    I usually watch short tv series on my second monitor or browse the net. Whichever way you go its always gonna be really dull. Archaeology is definitely not a grind for the faint-hearted.

So I'm just wondering....do people do Archaeology anymore? I know I maxed it out on my main and have never wanted to do it ever again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivey View Post
    So I'm just wondering....do people do Archaeology anymore? I know I maxed it out on my main and have never wanted to do it ever again.
    Well if they are after the pets and the mount like I am, I guess it's a viable grind. The other items imo are already useless. With the next patch and the expansion after that, if no major tweaks are done to this profession which does not include grinding again each and every race this profession is pretty much dead.

Nice little post Nice to see some percentages. What I'd love is if you could stop getting a race once you collected all their artifacts Damn stupid fossils go away! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ivey View Post
    Same here pretty much.

I wish it could be done in one location...like Fishing sort of.

Thx a lot for the nice guide!

Deleted
    I would like to see several things changed to make it more attractive:

1. If you are on a perticular digsite, let all finding locations on that site be known, and let the surveyer show the nearest by finding spot. (now just one finding location is known, and the seconds gets known after you find the first.) I hate it to land on one side of the site, having to cross the whole site to find the first pack of parts, and then having to cross it again to find the second pack on the spot where you landed the first time.

2. Increase the number of finding locations on a site. (from 3 to 5-6?) or increase the parts in those digs.

3. Add something that removes a part of the randomness: for example a treasure map every 100 artifacts that lets you chose a perticular object to build. Or give the opportunity to buy a treasure map of your liking with tokens that you get when you turn in artifacts. (and then let the cost depend on the rarity of the object you want to find)

4. Add tolvir locations on other parts of kalimdor. (Eastern kingdoms is not necessary)

5. After you completed an artifact for x times (1 time for rares, and for example 10 for grey objects) it doesn’t show up as next artifact anymore. (maybe exception for the canope that can contain the dragon mount alchemy recipe and an exception for those people that actually like to dig)

6. Add faction turn ins to the artifacts : for example every artifacts gives x rep to a faction if you turn them in to a faction’s museum. (steamwheedle cartel could be a good candidate for this) the rep can be random, depending on the object.

Ive been farming for the Troll sword forever and cant find it im going crazy.

I have farming for the uldum, it's long ... Bad pop in fossile or night elf ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving the increased no. of fragments each dig since patch 4.3
    Last edited by Cymre; 2011-12-30 at 07:30 AM.