Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I keep forgetting people on the internet need things spelling out. By "out range" I meant the ability that follows right after Paralyze, Ground Slam. I thought it'd be pretty obvious you can't avoid Paralyze so easily, but apparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiefMaster View Post
    Actually that's an important fix for all hunters who don't want to buy some alcohol from the BRD barkeeper. Hunder abilities proc neither the bleed dot nor the spell reflect so there are only a few solutions:
    * Running to the boss and meleeing him. Cannot be intended as Hunters are not supposed to melee.
    * Using the PvP medaillon. PvE is not PvP and the cooldown is too high. So that's also not a proper solution
    * Drinking [[Sulfuron Slammer]] right before/during the paralyze cast. Works fine but requires an ancient item from another instance.
    * Getting paralyzed and having the healer dispel you as soon as he's out. That's could be the intended solution but it results in the healer wasting mana just because of the fact there's a hunter in the group. So I doubt that's what Blizzard wanted
    * Getting paralyzed, letting the debuff run out and being hit with 50k.
    Or, getting hit with paralyze and waiting for it to time out. You're supposed to outrange the mechanic anyway, why would you be in range of it in the first place?
    Did you make it clear in the first place?
    What does outranging ground slam have to do with paralyze being able to 1 shot a hunter or what a hunter can do while paralyze.
    Last edited by good diu bro; 2010-12-22 at 06:16 AM.

Deleted
    I would like to participate in the contest, but every time I want to review my guide I get the following error message:
    You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.
    I don't want to spam your forum only to get this allowed. Could you please make a change to the guide submission forum, so I can review & post my guide?

I really need pictures and URLs in my guide :'(

Ramides

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    How do you know 10m is easier? Are you in Ensidia run or you cleared HM bosses in both 10m/25m to compare?
    But with this you are implying that people should know what they are talking about. Its not how it works here mister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mtawney1313 View Post
    That would be false, the same amount of gear per person drops in both 10 and 25 man

10raiders/2pieces = 1 piece for every 5 raiders
    25raiders/5pieces = 1 piece for every 5 raiders

l2math
    Source please. Last I heard Blizzard clearly stated 25 man would award more loot per person then 10 man (say 7/25 and 2/10) and more points.

I keep forgetting people on the internet need things spelling out. By "out range" I meant the ability that follows right after Paralyze, Ground Slam. I thought it'd be pretty obvious you can't avoid Paralyze so easily, but apparently not.
    The ability after Paralyze is called Shatter, good sir. Ground Slam is a frontal AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokee View Post
    I'm sorry Blizz, but from my point of view, there aren't any Dwarf mages in WoW.

Seriously, NOBODY plays that combination. I've never even seen a low level one.
    I had to pay 150gold to do that one...

Wtf Kungen became a Goblin? o_O

Deleted
    I need to boost my postcount to post my epic guide.. how many posts do I need?

Deleted
    I need to boost my postcount to post my epic guide.. how many posts do I need?
    I Have the same Problem: When I wanted to create my Guide, I was told that I am not allowed to Post Links or Pictures
    How much Posts do I need?

It would be nice to know generally how much I have to post in order to include links into your guide, but i'd understand if that's not necessarily possible.

Deleted
    Gz them! xD

Deleted
    Gooood jooooob aaaaaalllllllll

sound like a fun contest

I believe it's 10 posts because it allowed me to post links with 10. Good luck all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    reserved.

How to write a guild application.

Want to join a guild? Well then this guide is for you! Your guild application should be like a skirt, long enough to cover the important parts but short enough to keep stuff interesting. A guild application is like a C.V., it tells the guild officers who you are and what you have done, so it has to be as good as possible, because generally you only have 1 chance.

Tip #1: The most important thing is to find a guild that is suited for you.(good raiding times, 10/25, etc.)
    Tip #2: You want to start by going onto the guilds forums, and check out their ''Recruitment'' section and read all the stickies that are there.
    Tip #3: Read all of the stuff you have to cover in the application template, so you don't repeat yourself.
    Tip #4: We all know people lie on their guild applications, i can't stop you but i can help you do it right. Don't lie about stuff you can't back up. Don't tell them you're 25 years old if you still sound like a kid. If you didn't spend as much time as some of us on raiding, you can lie about what you did in previous expansions.(Don't lie about progress of the current expansion, just incase)
    Tip #5: When answering a question, answer it fully with precision but don't right a wall of text and try not to sound like an arse.
    Example: -Previous raiding experience: 11/12 ICC25 = GOOD!
    -Previous raiding experience: 11/12 ICC25 didnt kill LK cause my guild was so bad omg i h8 them = BAD!
    -Previous raiding experience: did most of ICC = BAD!
    Tip #6: Use colors and other type of stuff to show that you worked on your application(Italic/Bold/etc.), recruiters want to feel like you really c[/url]. comare about joining their guild.
    Tip #7: Get the best gems/enchants/glyphs and spec you can for your class/spec before applying, if you are not sure what to do, just go to Elitist Jerks

This is how you should do an application. Don't copy paste this exact one, you want to follow that guilds application template. You can of course edit their template to make it a bit better to show you thought about your application, by exampled 'Previous raiding experience' you can seperate it in 4 parts(Vanilla/TBC/WotLK/Cata). Feel free to add fun stuff to make it seem like you're not boring, like smileys! Don't forget to double check your grammar.

Personal information

First name: Borris
    Last name: Johnson

WoW related information

When did you start playing? 5 years ago.
    What is your previous raiding experience?Well,
    Vanilla: Everything up to 4/12 Naxx40 with <Insert Guild Here>
    TBC: Everything up to and including KJ pre-patch with <Insert Guild Here>
    WotLK: Didn't raid at the start, 11/12 HC ICC25 with <Insert Guild Here>
    Cataclysm: Haven't had the chance to raid yet
    (Leave out the guild name if it's a bad guild)
    What was the name of your previous guild?My last guild was <Insert Guild Here>
    Why did you leave your previous guild?(This is tricky, you don't want to lie, but you can not mention all the truth if you got kicked for whatever reason, an answer like this will not make you sound bad, will not insult your previous guild and you will not sound like an arse): I feel like i outgrew my previous guild, their objectives were not the same as mine, but this guild is suited for me.
    Do you have a mic?(say yes even if you don't have one, you will probaly not need to use it, but just incase you can get really cheap mics): Yes
    Do you have vent?(say yes, you can just DL it after): Yes
    Logs: if you have fight logs and they are good, just link them, recruiters love them, add the logs sub-section if it isn't in the template
    Why do you feel you would be a good addition to this guild?(now this is the part where you have to shine, include the important parts i cover in your application, they are written in green): I'm a friendly guy(/girl), and i always keep up to date with the current stuff i need to know. I read up about my class often on EJ and i do tests with Rawr, my gems and enchants are always the best possible because every little counts. (Recruiters love to hear this) What i hate most is turning up to a raid and not knowing the tactics for the bosses, i read up about them and i watch videos of the fight, i keep up to date with fights to see if there's any changes also.

A bit more about myself(add this yourself if something similar is not in the template)

Hey i'm from London and i love turtles. I enjoy playing football and rugby, but otherwise i like playing WoW in my spare time, just add whatever you want after this.

Thanks for reading this guide about how to apply to a guild

---------- Post added 2010-12-27 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    Ensidia knows what they're doing. They can look around and see that every other world class guild that has been competing with them for world-firsts are still doing ALL their raids in 25m. So they are specifically chosing to do most of these (they got CoW in 25) on 10m knowing how it's going to look and how people are going to react. Most people are viewing it as them stepping back and not being able to hang with Paragon/Premonition and the like, which seems pretty apparent. If you really wanted to stay relevant and noteworthy, you could have gotten by with doing one on 10, but not 3 of 4 as they've done now.

I personally find it hilarious, because while that guild is full of some amazing WoW players, people like Kungen with their attitudes ruin the perception of that guild making thousands upon thousands actively root against them. Grats to Premonition though, keep up the good work.

How to write a guild application.

Want to join a guild? Well then this guide is for you! Your guild application should be like a skirt, long enough to cover the important parts but short enough to keep stuff interesting. A guild application is like a C.V., it tells the guild officers who you are and what you have done, so it has to be as good as possible, because generally you only have 1 chance.

Tip #1: The most important thing is to find a guild that is suited for you.(good raiding times, 10/25, etc.)
    Tip #2: You want to start by going onto the guilds forums, and check out their ''Recruitment'' section and read all the stickies that are there.
    Tip #3: Read all of the stuff you have to cover in the application template, so you don't repeat yourself.
    Tip #4: We all know people lie on their guild applications, i can't stop you but i can help you do it right. Don't lie about stuff you can't back up. Don't tell them you're 25 years old if you still sound like a kid. If you didn't spend as much time as some of us on raiding, you can lie about what you did in previous expansions.(Don't lie about progress of the current expansion, just incase)
    Tip #5: When answering a question, answer it fully with precision but don't right a wall of text and try not to sound like an arse.
    Example: -Previous raiding experience: 11/12 ICC25 = GOOD!
    -Previous raiding experience: 11/12 ICC25 didnt kill LK cause my guild was so bad omg i h8 them = BAD!
    -Previous raiding experience: did most of ICC = BAD!
    Tip #6: Use colors and other type of stuff to show that you worked on your application(Italic/Bold/etc.), recruiters want to feel like you really care about joining their guild.
    Tip #7: Get the best gems/enchants/glyphs and spec you can for your class/spec before applying, if you are not sure what to do, just go to Elitist Jerks

This is how you should do an application. Don't copy paste this exact one, you want to follow that guilds application template. You can of course edit their template to make it a bit better to show you thought about your application, by exampled 'Previous raiding experience' you can seperate it in 4 parts(Vanilla/TBC/WotLK/Cata). Feel free to add fun stuff to make it seem like you're not boring, like smileys! Don't forget to double check your grammar.

Personal information

First name: Borris
    Last name: Johnson

WoW related information

When did you start playing? 5 years ago.
    What is your previous raiding experience?Well,
    Vanilla: Everything up to 4/12 Naxx40 with <Insert Guild Here>
    TBC: Everything up to and including KJ pre-patch with <Insert Guild Here>
    WotLK: Didn't raid at the start, 11/12 HC ICC25 with <Insert Guild Here>
    Cataclysm: Haven't had the chance to raid yet
    (Leave out the guild name if it's a bad guild)
    What was the name of your previous guild?My last guild was <Insert Guild Here>
    Why did you leave your previous guild?(This is tricky, you don't want to lie, but you can not mention all the truth if you got kicked for whatever reason, an answer like this will not make you sound bad, will not insult your previous guild and you will not sound like an arse): I feel like i outgrew my previous guild, their objectives were not the same as mine, but this guild is suited for me.
    Do you have a mic?(say yes even if you don't have one, you will probaly not need to use it, but just incase you can get really cheap mics): Yes
    Do you have vent?(say yes, you can just DL it after): Yes
    Logs: if you have fight logs and they are good, just link them, recruiters love them, add the logs sub-section if it isn't in the template
    Why do you feel you would be a good addition to this guild?(now this is the part where you have to shine, include the important parts i cover in your application, they are written in green): I'm a friendly guy(/girl), and i always keep up to date with the current stuff i need to know. I read up about my class often on EJ and i do tests with Rawr, my gems and enchants are always the best possible because every little counts. (Recruiters love to hear this) What i hate most is turning up to a raid and not knowing the tactics for the bosses, i read up about them and i watch videos of the fight, i keep up to date with fights to see if there's any changes also.

A bit more about myself(add this yourself if something similar is not in the template)

Hey i'm from London and i love turtles. I enjoy playing football and rugby, but otherwise i like playing WoW in my spare time, just add whatever you want after this.

Thanks for reading this guide about how to apply to a guild

Deleted
    Is it normal that I can't see my own guide in the "Guide Submission"-Forum?

How come I can't do anything with the Guide rather than just write it ?

In example can't use Bold , Italic , change font size etc ... it's just like Notepad :s

I'm having the same problem with my guide - can't even post links. I've read the FAQ, but found nothing about the amount of posts required to add attachments, links and etc... ~_~

Time to start replying to things then to get my post count up.

Deleted
    I just noticed, i can't find my guide anymore, ( i was the only one to see it ) im not banned, or is this supose to happen? I mean get deleted?

Quick reply please