Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What annoys me the most is that there is no cloth gear being exclusively for healers anymore (like there used to be with mp5 still being a stat). With the spirit to hit conversion a lot of dps classes will need on spirit gear, while the other way around healers are much less likely to need on "dps gear" because they can't afford having items without spirit (yet). Add to that the almost non-existance of cloth spirit rep rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The only thing haste is going to do is help you go OOM faster, if you need a faster cast time chances are someone is doing something wrong
    This is what I've been telling people!

Stack haste and hit renew on everyone in the raid to get that extra 4k tick on 150k health pools, let me know how that works out for ya
    the point is not to spam renew on the entire group, but rather to roll a renew on your tanks while you are in chakra:heal. the fifth tick lets renew tick faster on the tank, meaning you get more hpm, since the mana cost does not increase. also, with renew refreshing on the tank when you cast a heal, you are going to get a lot more mileage out of that renew.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    What annoys me the most is that there is no cloth gear being exclusively for healers anymore (like there used to be with mp5 still being a stat). With the spirit to hit conversion a lot of dps classes will need on spirit gear, while the other way around healers are much less likely to need on "dps gear" because they can't afford having items without spirit (yet). Add to that the almost non-existance of cloth spirit rep rewards.
    the only class with a spirit to hit conversion that is going to want cloth gear is shadow priests. mages and warlocks get nothing out of spirit. so you are sharing gear, yes....with other priests
    Last edited by luminae; 2010-12-21 at 05:00 PM.

Haste is not only about casting speed, its about reducing your GCD from 1.5 to 1. This a a 50% increase in your HPM when needed. Hence why it is your number one secondary stat for most healers. Crit is unreliable for any healer. Healers need reliability which makes mastery above crit for healers. So stats should look like this: Int > Spirit > Haste to GCD > Mastery > Crit.

Most likely after hitting the GCD stat balancing for Haste/Crit/Mastery is the way to go.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

The only thing haste is going to do is help you go OOM faster, if you need a faster cast time chances are someone is doing something wrong
    Please, stop posting. You have no clue what you're talking about.

And forgive me not to really take the advice of a lvl 61 priest
    Best rebuttal of the thread, you clearly know everything there is to know about Priests and we should all bow to your superior logic.

PS That was sarcasm, you're actually kinda thick, but hey, I'm just a level 61 Priest, what would I ever know.

Oh wow, ad hominem really is fun!
    Grannus, Scarlet Crusade
    I'm mean because you're terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Some slots are indeed strangely itemized. There is exactly ONE spellcaster leather bracers with itemlevel higher than 308 and it doesn't even have spirit.
    How about these?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=55882 and the heroic version http://www.wowhead.com/item=56405 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Please, stop posting. You have no clue what you're talking about.
    What what you're saying is casting .01-.02 seconds faster is > than a chance of your healing spells doing 50% more healing, ok...

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leviedk View Post
    Best rebuttal of the thread, you clearly know everything there is to know about Priests and we should all bow to your superior logic.

PS That was sarcasm, you're actually kinda thick, but hey, I'm just a level 61 Priest, what would I ever know.

Oh wow, ad hominem really is fun!
    Well if I was in the pally forums telling you how to heal as a pally when I clearly had no raid experience or even heroic experience healing a pally, would you head my advice? You can crunch math numbers all day, theory craft till your fingers are blue but nothing will replace experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    Haste is not only about casting speed, its about reducing your GCD from 1.5 to 1. This a a 50% increase in your HPM when needed. Hence why it is your number one secondary stat for most healers. Crit is unreliable for any healer. Healers need reliability which makes mastery above crit for healers. So stats should look like this: Int > Spirit > Haste to GCD > Mastery > Crit.

Most likely after hitting the GCD stat balancing for Haste/Crit/Mastery is the way to go.
    Are you aware how much haste you now need to hit the soft cap?

And I can't comment intelligently on Priest healing, but Crit is fantastic for Resto shamans, driving multiple talent synergies: it simply isn't true that "crit is unreliable for any healer."

More generally, yes Haste is still the number one throughput stat (short of Intellect, of course), but throughput doesn't matter if you can't sustain your mana pool. The game has changed from Wrath: it's less about healing as fast as possible and more about avoiding the damage you shouldn't be taking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Crit is a horrendous stat for healers because its unreliable.
    Haste is not.
    you did not understand how cata healing work right.....let me explain quick

atm lots of healer get OOM the troughput is fine but they oom fast...what happen if you get haste heal stay the same size their mana cost too BUT you spend this mana faster thats it, with crit however each heal as a chance to be WAY more than it could since target are not often topped off the chance for a crit to be overheal arent high (it was the case in LK and it was the reason we didnt need crit becuz crit was meaning lots of overheal).
    In higher level of gear more haste will be good to control our troughput better and being more precise (faster providing you have good reaction time) you can wait lill longer before casting a heal and lettign mana regen in between heals, HoT healer can however go for haste to have THAT extra tick, but try spamming rejuvenation with a resto today in cata, cost a ton and isnt effective for the cost.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To like...ya know...post on topic....

I was quite annoyed that tailoring offers two pants with no spirit on them. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Xexer View Post
    To like...ya know...post on topic....

I was quite annoyed that tailoring offers two pants with no spirit on them. Really?
    This is true for Mail as well, and I'm guessing for Leather and Plate. I'm guessing this way they ensure that those items are useful to anyone, since if you feel you need extra spirit, you can always reforge for more, or simply wait for raid drops. But I'm pretty sure the crafted epics are underwhelming across all professions.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    you can wait lill longer before casting a heal and lettign mana regen in between heals
    Just a quick note: the five second rule is dead. There is only out of combat regen and in combat regen now.

Crafted Pants got no spirit, Raid drop legs with spirit is either the crit one from Maloriak (eew crit) or random enchant from Al'akir. Regarding legs, save up for 2200 valor points straight away and get the T11 legs with mastery unless you are already farming Al'akir. He can drops awsome mastery spirit legs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luminae View Post

the only class with a spirit to hit conversion that is going to want cloth gear is shadow priests. mages and warlocks get nothing out of spirit. so you are sharing gear, yes....with other priests
    Add in weapons, rings, and necklaces and you'll find ele shamans, oomkins and whatnot also being after spirit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Add in weapons, rings, and necklaces and you'll find ele shamans, oomkins and whatnot also being after spirit gear.
    ...and every other healer. I'm pretty sure his issue was cloth gear specifically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thoatria View Post
    This is true for Mail as well, and I'm guessing for Leather and Plate. I'm guessing this way they ensure that those items are useful to anyone, since if you feel you need extra spirit, you can always reforge for more, or simply wait for raid drops. But I'm pretty sure the crafted epics are underwhelming across all professions.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 06:12 PM ----------

Just a quick note: the five second rule is dead. There is only out of combat regen and in combat regen now.

In case of plate legs with int they are useless for EVERYONE since the other 2 specs dont use int at all.
    Poor itemization all over for healers..............

Gear sharing is good, not bad. I guess no one remembers feral staves or tanking leather.

Also boohoo I have to share gear with rogues. It's not just you, so stop pretending you're being persecuted.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thoatria View Post
    Shaman (and paladin) can also craft a shield.
    Leather is in the same boat as cloth.
    I'm annoyed that I can craft an epic item that I already have an epic for.
    This is a thread about priest healer item availability. Priest healing items from crafting are not very worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Bare in mind I'm a holy priest main spec when i say this. There are 7 dps cloth specs that want different stats, 1 healer spec that likes spi haste and 1 healer spec that likes spi mastery. Blizzard can't cater to holy priests or the other 8 specs would QQ....kinda like you're doing now.
    Let's compare this (3 cloth specs who could use spirit) to the grand total of 1 spec of plate wearers who even want intellect who can buy two int/spirit items from rep vendors. There are exactly 8 other plate specs who want nothing to do with intellect, but this didn't stop blizz from putting decent choices for them on the vendors.

At least we can get the epic gloves from earthen ring and reforge if we have to

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    you did not understand how cata healing work right.....let me explain quick

atm lots of healer get OOM the troughput is fine but they oom fast...what happen if you get haste heal stay the same size their mana cost too BUT you spend this mana faster thats it, with crit however each heal as a chance to be WAY more than it could since target are not often topped off the chance for a crit to be overheal arent high (it was the case in LK and it was the reason we didnt need crit becuz crit was meaning lots of overheal).
    In higher level of gear more haste will be good to control our troughput better and being more precise (faster providing you have good reaction time) you can wait lill longer before casting a heal and lettign mana regen in between heals, HoT healer can however go for haste to have THAT extra tick, but try spamming rejuvenation with a resto today in cata, cost a ton and isnt effective for the
    cost.

You completely ignored my point, you can get 99% crit chance and cast 100 Heals and still not crit on any of them, haste however will always be of benefit.

Crit is good, haste is better.