View Poll Results: Most Overpowered PvP class in cataclysm?

Voters
1893. This poll is closed
  • Mage

881 46.54%
  • Warlock

58 3.06%
  • Priest

29 1.53%
  • Druid

348 18.38%
  • Paladin

76 4.01%
  • Rogue

45 2.38%
  • Warrior

258 13.63%
  • Death Knight

126 6.66%
  • Hunter

27 1.43%
  • Shaman

45 2.38%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mages ftw!

Imo, Frost mage -> Feral Druid -> Warrior (I play one and switch between prot and arms)

Mage: no skill full kill.

Was supposed to be tuned for 85? Yeah it is, it takes them 2 more sec...ahem ice lance after deep freeze to kill you.

beastmastery hunters is a pain in the.. you now.. in bgs and open world pvp. they are imposible for melees to catch up on.. especially worgen hunters for some reason.

in arenas they can be rushed though, and is not such big a deal. but still pretty anoying, high damage output and survivability that only a rogue can compare to (evasion + cloak = unkillable)

warrior, no one is even close

Rock says paper is OP.
    Paper says scissors is OP.
    Scissors says rock is OP.

Frost Mages however, turned into a ion cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilicia30 View Post
    Mages are rocks dual wielding scissors on a paper origami sharkmount.
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Jukaï; 2010-12-21 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï View Post
    Rock says paper is OP.
    Paper says scissors is OP.
    Scissors says rock is OP.

Frost Mages however, turned into a ion cannon.
    Mages are rock dual wielding scissors

Priests are mushrooms.

Feral Druids, DK's, Frost Mages, Warriors
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mages easily. The sheer amount of movement control and CC paired with an insane amount of burst with little to no set up time is absolutely ridiculous. More ridiculous than Ret pallies at the beginning of WotLK IMO.

as sub rogue i dont get much trouble with mages this days, i can vouch this i play arenas with a mage friend and we duel aaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll the time and hes one of the best mages iv seen arround, and hes strougles alot to win me as we rogues have really nice survival now and sub is a awsome spec in cata pitty it fails a bit in pve cuz if u lose mobs back u lose dps in tables, but pvp its AWSOME ROGUE 4EVA =P

10+ Year Old Account
    survive, mobile, high burst controlable dmg whenever he wants, lots of snares / slows , stun, instant spell high dmg spam (water element 100% finger of frost 2 stacks), counterspell, polymorph, blink + sprint, bloodlust, 10sec incapicate not sharing diminsh return with poly and no trinket dispel it

the only problem is they didn't give them marvin shirt, which would at least grant merciful kill
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how this is turning out again - seeing only a few changes in the other classes - but mages kept their superior standing as the number one most OP class again... so far.

Lets see if it sticks further into the arena season. My bet is that it's only gonna favor mages with more resilience.

Warriors as top.
    Followed by feral druids, frost mages, and demo locks.

Im not very fond of rogues, but thats my class/spec and I dont view them as close to OP.

Warriors and Feral druids.

Give warriors better then blue gear then they will be more then OP.
    PEWPEW

The only people putting something else over "mage" here are mages themself, because people hate to admit that their class is OP Dont worry meijes, the majority is > you anyways.. We all know this, blizzard knows this as well, just a matter of time before it will get fixed.. Not nerfed, but fixed, just as something buggy.

Same as its been for the last two expansions, mage.

Last edited by wallemf; 2010-12-23 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 817 View Post
    thumbs up if you have an ele shaman and thinks it is really gimped right now.

oh wait this is not youtube
    Agreed. Now don't get me wrong, I killed someone in about 6 secs in isle of conquest the other day, but that was mostly down to EM>UE>LvB with 45% increased damage plus overload, then lava surge proc followed by another overloaded LvB.

But if lava surge doesn't proc we're almost exclusively stuck with nature spells that are so slow to cast that pretty much any class can lock you out of being able to do anything except instant ghost wolf and trying to los.

I play a sub rogue, and mages ar not to bad on my part, for the most part they are oredictable, and can LoS easy becouse there too busy trying to get off me to relize HAy hes stealthing agian...

Arms warriors, Make me rage the most, Spam Yell thingie, knock me out od stealth, Charge, 10k 15k 10k, Heroic leap out, Charge(or what ever) back in 15k 10k 15k, Throw down , (and untrinkable stun were is sit on my ass for 3 secs) foallowed but 15k 15k, and then Death. Warriors complanded about stun lock, and that what they do now.

When i manage to get on them they just jump out and intervien heal for 30k ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Casual gamer is bound by self limitation. Hardcore gamer is stopped only by outside limitations (such as jobs/school, stuff that is necessity).