View Poll Results: Most Overpowered PvP class in cataclysm?

Voters
1893. This poll is closed
  • Mage

881 46.54%
  • Warlock

58 3.06%
  • Priest

29 1.53%
  • Druid

348 18.38%
  • Paladin

76 4.01%
  • Rogue

45 2.38%
  • Warrior

258 13.63%
  • Death Knight

126 6.66%
  • Hunter

27 1.43%
  • Shaman

45 2.38%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    From a retri's point of view, i only lose to mages, sometimes.
    Warriors are faceroll, i beat most (full ruthless 2k rated) on my realm with a 1 hander and a shield without using any cooldowns except zealotry.
    Ret's are OP 1v1, its sad 99% dont know how to play with 'm.
    Rofl ret's are OP 1v1. That made rofl hard. Thanks for the laugh of the day man.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    Rofl ret's are OP 1v1. That made rofl hard. Thanks for the laugh of the day man.
    Rets might be OP if they blow all their CDs at the same time AND their wings aren't dispelled AND they aren't stunned while they CDs are going... but that doesn't happen :P
    Last edited by renegade801; 2011-09-06 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstainer View Post
    I love all the anti mage stuff. Yes mages without a doubt have the most control in the game RoF, blink/sprint, Frost nova,pet nova, Deep freeze etc etc etc. The problem for mages is any (and I do mean any) healer can shut it all down with simple dispels. Nothing fancy needed no tricks just s simple dispel.

I voted Shaman (all resto) A well played resto shaman just will not die while keeping his 2-4 partners alive through almost any burst. I have double teamed full ruthless resto shamans starting off with deepfreeze to keep him from using any heal spells followed instantly by stun lock from the rogue and followed that up with a CS and we still didn't kill him lol.
    The ONLY reason why you say Fmages aren't OP is because you PLAY A FROST MAGE. Seriously? Go play another class and face a frost mage. Even you'll realize the OPness of the frost mage.

---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrosity View Post
    I...I don't see how people voted warrior as most OP. I would assume that those people don't know what the word "kiting" and then just stand there and let the warrior beat on them. Remember the old saying, "Warriors are like blenders, if you stick your face in it, you're going to lose". My vote is for shaman, not elemental but the enhancement and resto shamans, pain in the ass to kill and enh with wolves out puts amazing amounts of damage. (I play a warrior if you couldn't guess ). I didn't put mages for the simple fact that with well timed CD's a bad to ok mage can be beatedn by a warrior, the good ones will still almost always elude you however /sigh.
    This pole would be much better if everyone who replied would put what class they play just sayin.
    I can beat any "bad to ok" class. In the end, if a Fmage knows how to play his class, he'll own any warrior, no matter how much skill or experience you possess. Plain and simple, skilled Fmage is unbeatable by melee classes. I play a rogue and warrior, and for the life of me, I can not beat a skilled Fmage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Napper91 View Post
    The ONLY reason why you say Fmages aren't OP is because you PLAY A FROST MAGE. Seriously? Go play another class and face a frost mage. Even you'll realize the OPness of the frost mage.
    Hi. I have an 85 Mage - Fire Specced, Death Knight - Unholy Specced, Rogue - Subtlety Specced and Shaman - Elemental Specced. I don't think Frost Mages are anywhere near as bad as most people claim. All they need is a Mastery nerf. A significant one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Napper
    OP:I'm just going to assume you're a fucking idiot or that you've never played WoW. Who cares about hamstring if they can blink out of it. When r u going to hamstring the Mage? You're ALWAYS snared. Please stop ganking mages in STV. No Mage can die that quickly assuming the gear of both players is equivalent.

I hope you realize level 70 frost mages aren't included in this discussion because I know for a fact you wouldn't have a ghost of a chance against semi skilled frost mages that are 85, so stop fucking ganking Fmages in out lands and actually try facing a frost Mage your own lvl. Kthxbye.
    U mad brah?

Goodness. A frost mage is not a god, and can be killed. Is it difficult? Sure, but any skilled PvP'er is difficult to kill if you're not nearly as good. The class doesn't matter....the player does.

Mages: are disgustingly overpowered, and have been for this entire expansion
    Warlocks: are manageable
    Priests: absorb way too much fucking damage and do not suffer the mana expense for it
    Feral Druid: there bleed damage is a little too high, but other then that I don't have troubles with @ 4.2k resilience as a healer
    Paladin: doesn't go oom, doesn't need to cast in 90% of matches. The amount of time you have to spend dedicated to locking a holy paladin out is ridiculous.
    Rogue: are manageable, even with smoke bomb (different story for RBGs though, only reason rogues are even brought along is for smokebomb...)
    Warrior: are manageable
    DK: are very manageable and a little underwhelming, got totally squishy from all those DS nerfs
    Hunter: lowest represented class in the game for PvP right now, the only thing thats threatening about them is their CC. The damage output is laughable
    Shaman: Ele is dangerous when not locked out properly, Enhance is extremely underwhelming, resto is in a good spot

2cents

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Frost mages have huge burst and lots of CC. Either one has to be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade801 View Post
    Rets might be OP if they blow all their CDs at the same time AND their wings aren't dispelled AND they aren't stunned while they CDs are going... but that doesn't happen :P
    Ret's are op 1v1? lol Interesting.

---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    U mad brah?

Goodness. A frost mage is not a god, and can be killed. Is it difficult? Sure, but any skilled PvP'er is difficult to kill if you're not nearly as good. The class doesn't matter....the player does.
    You won't kill an equally skilled frost mage as a warrior lol.

And that guy won't kill any frost mage because he doesn't use hamstring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Frost Mages because of their insane CC and high burst damage. Even scrubs can play this spec and succeed..

Mages in general seem to be the "noob friendly" caster class these days.

Player level is also important

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say rogue or druid, The stealth ability is so op and catchs me off guard all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting that Shamans and Warlocks are so low on the poll yet make up the vast majority of high level arena teams and also dominate rated bgs as well. I think Blizzcon will further cement that as well with a l/s/x vs l/s/x tourney!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    These sorts of threads never end well.

Closed for trolling/flaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE