Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Money via Maelstrom Crystals.

The idea of this guide is to inform players how to make money through the new item from disenchanting epics Maelstrom Crystal
    It will require you to unlearn both of your professions to learn alchemy and enchanting up to the skill of 500.
    This will cost roughly 5000gold, and require you to have the character be at level 75+.

If you're reading this far I imagine you wish to take part, so let's get started!

Step 1: Make sure you have two free profession slot's, this is performed by opening your profession window(bound to 'K') and click the little red circle and then confirm.

Step 2: Go to your faction's major city(I suggest Stormwind/Ogrimmar) and find your alchemy and enchanting trainers(if you are unsure on their locations ask a guard to direct you).

Step 3: Level both of these professions to 500 skill, if you need assistance levelling these, there are some guides to help at: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/853485353

Step 4: Once these professions are both levelled, it's time to make money! You will need the following item's PER epic:
    Volatile Life(50) Cinderbloom(12) Heartblossom(12) Azshara's Veil(12)

Step 5: Create one Lifebound Alchemist Stone & Disenchant the item.

Step 6: Place the crystal on the auction house, or advertise in trade channel.

note: the rough cost of the materials per stone is around 700 gold, however this may vary depending on your server's economy, and due to this, I would really recommend not selling the crystals for less than 1000 gold each if you wish to produce a profit.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2010-12-26 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Smart! :-)

WoW! Thanks a lot for this. When i was reading, i was like nice, good trick, if only i had an alt with both.... wait a minute, i have a shaman 80 with enchanting and alchemy 450 !!! I will totally try this tonight. I will be the first to put the top endgame weapon enchants on the AH! (i also have a warlock with 525 enchanting). Thanks again, very smart!

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 07:42 PM ----------

but shhhh dont tell this to anybody heh? loll

I just saw the PTR patch notes and it seems those alchemist stones can't be Disenchanted...

Will this one stay Disenchantable?

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    I just saw the PTR patch notes and it seems those alchemist stones can't be Disenchanted...

Will this one stay Disenchantable?
    Where exactly did you see that? I'm not able to find here.

If you look at the main page and click on the 3 new alchemists stones you will see that on the item in red it clearly states not disenchant-able. So it looks like blizzard had a problem with this particular profession combination being taken advantage of in this manner. I'm not surprised really. Guess it was good for those who had it while it lasted.

Deleted
    I hate you for revealing this secret to my server :P I made 15k before you did tho

Maelstrom crystals on my server are less than 400g nowdays lol..
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

The gold that poured out of this combination was fantastic... and will be for a few more days (maybe 1?) Your server economy may vary.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope people read this and maelstrom crystals price goes down... they are at 1900-2200g at my server ><

Deleted
    Nice way of ruining my gold farm

This needs changing...I'm pretty sure older alchemist stones were not disenchantable....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    let the whole world know why dontcha..

Have a Nice Day ™...

Quote Originally Posted by SoundAsleep View Post
    Smart! :-)
    Not that smart, he told everyone who couldn't figure it out for themselves...
    If you say "pls" becuase it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" becuase it's shorted than "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

Deleted
    Ohhh, a lot of butthurt people in this thread :c

It was getting changed anyway, so I thought i'd just put it out there

Quote Originally Posted by PyroGhozt View Post
    If you look at the main page and click on the 3 new alchemists stones you will see that on the item in red it clearly states not disenchant-able. So it looks like blizzard had a problem with this particular profession combination being taken advantage of in this manner. I'm not surprised really. Guess it was good for those who had it while it lasted.

we did some testing on the ptr, they are still DE'able

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    we did some testing on the ptr, they are still DE'able
    Brilliant, so this is still viable.
    Also, with the new stone, materials will become cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho View Post
    Maelstrom crystals on my server are less than 400g nowdays lol..
    Lucky, they go for a little over 1 k on mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe i'll sell the crystal im holding on to now before the market crashes

My personal feeling is that the "This item is not disenchantable" will overrule the PTR experience. I will be pleasantly surprised if not.