Rollng a Rogue! Help needed!

I have FULL heirlooms, and Assassination spec with Mutilate seems to 1 hit everything, but I want to play something different, how do I play with Sublety? How do I open up etc.

Because back then when I leveled my Rogue in outlands, with Assassination, what I did was Stealth, Cheap Shot, Mutilate to 4/5 Combo Points, Kidney Shot, Mutilate... Envenom if neccersary, everything in my path died, and I had a blast, but it's Cataclysm now, and I'm rolling a Goblin, so can anyone tell me how to open and smash things up with Sublety?

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    shadow step > ambush. Pick another target.

Deleted
    go combat you will feel like a tank

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    shadow step > ambush. Pick another target.
    Lol really? Shadow Step has a 20 second cooldown.
    And do you literally just 1 hit?

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    go combat you will feel like a tank
    No thanks, slow and boring.

Go shadowstep, it's the best. Specc with improved Recuperate for literally 0 downtime

Premed > ShS > Ambush > Evisc (if necessary)

When Premed/ShS are on CD for next mob:

Ambush > Hemo > Evisc.

Take talents in Combat for improved Evisc, past 80 reforge anything that doesn't have mastery, to mastery.

20-30k Evisc crits are gravy.

i went mutilate...dmg is insane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Go shadowstep, it's the best. Specc with improved Recuperate for literally 0 downtime
    Does shadowstep put you into stealth? New to rogue, the only spec I've played is assassination, so I'm pretty much clueless.
    And I can't really spec improved recuperate at low levels...

Hemo glyphed to bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vietnamese View Post
    Does shadowstep put you into stealth? New to rogue, the only spec I've played is assassination, so I'm pretty much clueless.
    And I can't really spec improved recuperate at low levels...
    no but it buffs the dmg of your next ambush or garotte and increases your movement speed for a few seconds.

Oh so what happens is you pop SHS and then stealth? Then move behind target?

For levelling you want Combat with Improved Recuperate, Reinforced Leather and later get Deadly Momentum. You can just keep killing and killing and killing with Recuperate and Slice and Dice up all the time. You pull two mobs and kill them both at the same time with Blade Flurry. Use Evasion and Combat Readiness when needed.

Mutilate and Subtlety perhaps do more damage on one target but nothing beats Combat for levelling. Also, you get bored of stealthing for every target, then cheap shot plus combos plus kidney shot etc. Boring after 1000 times of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    For levelling you want Combat with Improved Recuperate, Reinforced Leather and later get Deadly Momentum. You can just keep killing and killing and killing with Recuperate and Slice and Dice up all the time. You pull two mobs and kill them both at the same time with Blade Flurry. Use Evasion and Combat Readiness when needed.

Mutilate and Subtlety perhaps do more damage on one target but nothing beats Combat for levelling. Also, you get bored of stealthing for every target, then cheap shot plus combos plus kidney shot etc. Boring after 1000 times of doing it.
    Like I said, I find combat so so... sooooo boring, at least with Ass or Sub I can gank whenever I see an ally, suprising them with a stealth opening and just drilling them from behind