Keyboard Turners and Mouse Clickers Anonymous + Warrior bars + Rogue Tidbit

If you're wanting to take your wow tanking, DPSing, healing, or just questing to the next level, this is the guide you've been waiting for!

1. Map your keybinds as follows (Have some faith. You might feel like a gimp for a day):

(I left the arrows around for those times when you're eating/holding a kid with one hand, and need easy access to arrows. They aren't normally used)

(Note: never map your movement keys - ESDF - as a shift/alt/ctrl modified key. These are your core controls, and you don't want to get stuck in that fire. If you insist in sticking to WASD, don't shift/alt/ctrl map them, either).

My Right bar is a little incomplete. Some characters need more buttons and I fill them out a little more.

You may have to spend a day feeling like a gimp with this new keymapping, but eventually you'll love it. Here's a few reasons why:

1. Never get "lost" again, and spend less time looking at your hand to make sure you're in the right place. Put your left pointer finger on the little bump on the "F" key. You'll never hit the wrong button again, either.

2. You don't have to shift your hand over for chatting anymore. Plus, less chance of getting "lost" since you're not shifting around.

3. (And this is the big one) You have three or four more pinky buttons to use, which is your "free" finger that doesn't get stuck doing movement. Q, A, and Z are the most convenient, and 1 is semi-useful.

Warrior bars:

Here's an example of my warrior bars for fury levelling. I actually screwed up my standard bars a little bit to better utilize the built-in warrior bars.
    I moved "W" to the non-moving bar, since HS is a stanceless skill I use. I moved T into the stance bars, so I can use it for different things.

Note that Q, Z, and A are arguably my more needed buttons when chasing / trying to finish someone off (or as in the case of Bloodthirst, my most spammable button) so I use my pinky to enable my other three fingers free for movement in those situations.

Note R, T, and C. These are my stance=switching buttons. (Yes, pre-pummel change, Z was my berserk stance button. I still have it in my defensive bar from before. But it still works, probably.) In any stance, if I mash R, I will switch to Battle stance and overpower. In any stance, if I mash T, I will switch to berserk and use Raging Blow. Likewise, if I mash C I will disarm.

(Shift + Z is usually my pvp trinket, but I threw a quest item in there since I'm not using my pvp trinket while I quest)

Battle Stance:

Defensive Stance:

Berserk Stance:

I didn't forget. Here is my right bar:

I used to waste three buttons for recklessness / shield wall / Retaliation, but one day I finally pulled V out to a static bar and incorporated Shift + 1 into my stance bars so I would always use the skill I needed.

At some point when I get less lazy and start PVPing more, I would want to replace shift+R with a macro to equip sword/shield and hop into defensive and pop spell reflect, and I would replace Shift + 1 on the defensive bar to equip sword/shield before popping shield wall.

Rogues

Rogue bars are similar. Here is my 62 rogue who doesn't have all the skills yet, but you can get the idea.

This is a mutilate setup. I don't actually use Ambush as a mutilate rogue, but you can get the idea. I actually just set up my Assassination offspec, but I'd use 5 and 6 for my cooldowns, and T for something else cool that I use pretty often.

Regular:

Stealth:

Druids can do similar stuff, but druids also get way more messy with all their forms. Plus, I need macros and grid for mouseover healing. I'll throw one of my macros in here and leave it up to you to setup Grid or something, and build your own mouseover macros:

Lifebloom:

#showtooltip Lifebloom
    /cast [target=mouseover, nomod] lifebloom
    /cast [target=player, mod:alt] lifebloom

Nature's swiftness big heal:

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [target=mouseover, nomod] Healing Touch
    /cast [target=player, mod:alt] Healing Touch
    Last edited by generalanders; 2010-12-21 at 04:13 PM.