Guild Advancement Guide

-=: Guild Advancement Guide :=-

-: Introduction :-

The release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm came with near countless changes, one of the most notable being
    the changes to the guild system. A strong emphasis has been placed on being in a guild as most of the more difficult elements of the game now require coordination that you’ll have trouble finding elsewhere. Also, several perks have been added that can only be obtained as you gain reputation with your guild and help it to level up.

-: Guild Levels :-

Guilds now level up very similar to the way players do. At the moment the maximum level a guild can reach is 25.
    Guilds level up by doing various activities, most of which require a guild based group. Guilds do have a daily cap on experience (exp) that, when reached, prevent further gains until the next cap reset. As a guild levels up it will also unlock very useful Perks.

-Questing:
    Each person’s gained exp from questing contributes to the guild’s exp at a 4:1 ratio. At level 85 the guild continues to gain exp from you at
    the same rate, even though you do not. Experience can be gained in this way without being in a group.
    (Example: A quest awarding 40,000 exp to the player also awards 10,000 exp to that player’s guild.)

-Killing Bosses:
    Defeating bosses in dungeons (Regular/Heroic) and PvE Raid instances award exp to your guild. In order to gain exp from Boss kills your group must be composed of 80 %(or more) guild members.
    This translates to 4 members in a 5man instance, 8 members in a 10man raid, and 20 members in a 25man raid.
    The exception is the older 40man instances, which may be completed by 10 people if 8 are in the same guild.

-Approximate Exp Gains:
    • Cataclysm Regular Kill: --
    • Cataclysm Heroic Kill: --
    • Cataclysm Raid Kill(10): ---
    • Cataclysm Raid Kill(25): ---
    Awarded experience is determined by the level of the boss as well as the group's type/size.

-Rated Player vs. Player Combat:
    Guild Exp can also be awarded from rated Player vs. Player Combat (PvP.) This includes Arena (2v2, 3v3, 5v5) and
    Rated Battlegrounds (10v10, 15v15, 20v20.) Similar to Killing Bosses, PvP requires you to be in a group composed of at least 80% guild members.

For Arena that means you must have 2 guild members for a 2v2, 2 members for a 3v3, and 4 members for a 5v5 team.
    Rated Battlegrounds require 8 members for a 10v10, 12 members for a 15v15, and 16 members for a 20v20 team.

-Approximate Exp Gains:
    • Arena 2v2: ---
    • Arena 3v3: ---
    • Arena 5v5: ---
    • Rated BG 10v10: ---
    • Rated BG 15v15: ---
    • Rated BG 20v20: ---
    Awarded experience is determined by the groups size.

-Daily Exp Cap:
    There is a gating feature, in the form of a daily exp cap. It was put in place to prevent guilds from leveling too quickly.
    The Daily Cap is approximately 6,246,000 regardless of the guild’s size. Once your guild reaches the daily cap no more experience
    will be awarded from any player until the next reset. Exp gained after the cap is met does not carry over.

-: Personal Reputation :-

As you gain guild exp you are also awarded personal reputation (rep) with your guild similar to how you would for
    completing tasks for an NPC faction. Personal rep also has a cap. However, it resets weekly and the cap is 3500.
    Personal reputation resets after joining another guild. So, if you change guilds, you must start over. Personal rep also allows you
    complete certain achievements which can help your guild to acquire new Perks and Rewards.

-: Guild Achievements:-

Guild Achievements received a sub-tab inside the current Achievements tab. Like your personal achievements,
    Guild Achievements show off your guild’s dedication and hard (team)work as well as unlock many useful
    rewards. Most actions performed prior to Cataclysm or joining a guild do not affect achievement progress.
    The exceptions being: Completed legendary items and exalted reputations.
    Guild Achievements do not award guild exp or rep.

-List of Guild Achievements:

-: Perks & Rewards:-

As a guild levels up it unlocks a large variety of perks/bonuses, which range from passive effects like increased exp and gold to a mass summoning and a mass resurrection spell.

-Full List of Guild Perks

Various guild achievements also unlock very useful and fun rewards ranging from Mini-Pets and Mounts to Heirlooms and Rare Recipes.
    They can be purchased from a guild vendor or Guild Page.

-List of Guild Rewards

-: FAQ :-

Q: Why does pressing the "O" key bring up the social tab but nothing about my guild?
    A: The Guild Tab received it's own tab with the expansion. It's hotkey is "J."

Q: Why is another guild ahead of mine in leveling when we have capped guild exp every day?
    A: The most common reason is that they gained guild experience during the first 3 hours after the Cataclysm launch before the cap reset.
    Many players overlooked this.

Q: Why am I unable to gain guild reputation, even after the cap reset?
    A: This is a known bug. Blizzard has yet to release a reason or solution.

Q: Why was my guild level or rep was lowered?
    A: After launch Blizzard implemented several hot fixes on issues that were allowing exp and rep to be gained too quickly.
    The changes resulted in some exp and rep being rolled back.

Q: We have completed the listed requirements for the “Working as a Team” achievement but did not receive credit. Why?
    A: The achievement also requires Archeology to be at level 525 but will not display it until a future patch/hot fix.

Q: How long will it take to get a guild to level 25?
    A: Level 25 requires around 845,000,000 exp. At 6,246,000 exp per day it would take around 136 days.

Q: How long will it take to get my personal rep to exalted?
    A: It requires 42,000 to go from Neutral to Exalted. At 3500 per week it would take around 12 weeks.

Q: Why did I start off at Neutral rep when I had a high guild rank?
    A: All guild members start off at neutral, even the guild master.

Q: I changed guilds, why am I neutral again?
    A: Reputation from your old guild is only stored until you join a new guild.
    You can however rejoin your old guild and retain your rep if you did not join another guild.

Q: If I leave a guild will my contributions to them be lost?
    A: Your old guild will not lose credit for anything you helped them achieve.
    Also, your progress does not carry over to any guild you may join in the future.

Q: Do I get to keep rewards if I leave a guild? Such as the Dark Pheonix Hatchling.
    A: If you leave a guild you do get to keep your rewards. Some do have pre-requirements to see the full benefits though.

Q: Why have I not received credit for the "Guild Crest" achievement?
    A: This is known wide-spread bug. Only new guilds get credit for it at the moment.

-: Previous Changes :-

-Guild Exp gained from quests was lowered from 1:1 to 4:1. That's a 75% reduction.
    -Guild Achievements no longer grant Guild Exp.
    -Players no longer receive a message telling them they are rep capped for the week after every action that would have gained rep.

-:Thanks:-
    A huge thank you to WoWHead for database links and imgur.com for image hosting.
    Last edited by Zohan; 2010-12-29 at 07:52 AM.