Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

what stats should a Tank paladin have?

what the title said

Deleted
    I suppose you mean "how should protadins prioritize stats?"?
    personally i go for expertise/hit and stam atm although it's k,if not prefered to gem for avoidance(stam/dodge in blue socks to grab the bonuses etc) too later on -see:basic healthpool for entry lvl raids reached-
    Last edited by mmoc600acd2b9f; 2010-12-21 at 04:36 PM.

Now i havent done much paladin tanking but i'd assume that insomnie is atleast partially correct... you should gem for hit, then expertise then you should try and balance gemming for stam, dodge and parry... or perhaps prioritize stam over dodge and parry and use reforging to balance your avoidance?

Again... These theories are based on my warrior tanking experiences so it might differ from tankadin stuff

Deleted
    Hmm imo, only go with hit/ exp if you have TPS issues. If you're raiding, a plethora of MDs and ToTs will be available to you, and you shouldn't NEED to be hit/ exp capped. Sure it helps, but staying alive is much more important.

The way I would gem would involve full stam in blue sockets, red sockets should have dodge/stam and yellow sockets should have mastery/stam. This should see you through squire.

I hear stamina is pretty darn tootin'

seriously though, hit/exp cap then throw stam in blue stuff and avoidance in the others

Stam -> Mastery -> dodge/parry.

Keep your hit/exp high too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Stam -> Mastery -> dodge/parry.

Keep your hit/exp high too.
    What this guy said

10+ Year Old Account
    so no intellect?

Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    so no intellect?
    Useless, useless stat. Tanks get hit on the head too much for it to matter!

10+ Year Old Account
    what about rotations and glyph i have seen dozens of guides and they all contradict each other so im pretty confused
    edit: o and how do i increase my block?

Rotations generally depend on the pull (how many mobs, what kind of mobs etc). Generally guidelines being use Divine Plea (for the 3 free Holy Power) as you run in, then either SotR or WoG to get Holy Shield up and running. You can use it for Inquisition if you're going to be AOE tanking with HotR, but that's pretty situational.

Glyphs wise, I'm currently using SotR, HotR and Seal of Truth as Primes. Majors, I'd definitely invest in the LoH (reduced cooldown, not returning mana) and the Holy Wrath one (a stun for elementals and Dragonkin is always handy).

e: Mastery increases your chance to block. 1 mastery raises it by 2.25% (and that's Mastery, not Mastery Rating). There's a shield enchant that'll also increase the chance by 0.45%. You'll block 30% damage, 40% when Holy Shield is up (and it should always be up). Apart from Holy Shield, there's no current way to increase the amount of damage you block, only the chance to block.
    Last edited by Matchu; 2010-12-21 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    is concentration usefull then? like the DK DnD?

Deleted
    so no intellect?
    Not sure if OP serious anymore:<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomnie View Post
    Not sure if OP serious anymore:<
    never tanked...ever.
    and not very familiar with the 4.0 thing

Okay, since this is the 3rd thread about the same question posted today

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...voidance-stats

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tat-priorities

Please try and read through some threads before posting the same questions over and over.

In short, there are many people far smarter then me who spent an enormous amount of time working out the answers to every question about Paladin tanking you might ever have. Probably some you didn't know to ask. You can find the entire thread HERE

For the answer to your specific question this link will take you right to the STATS section
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Deleted
    never tanked...ever.
    and not very familiar with the 4.0 thing
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewforum
    And stay away lfd for now mkay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting to hit/expertise cap is unnecessery. I'm at 6% hit and 13 expertise (with glyph), never had nay problems with threat, and survability should come first.
    1. Respect your fellow community member

Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.

edit: o and how do i increase my block?
    Our Mastery (Divine Bulwark) increases our chance to block. So, Mastery Rating on gear will increase your block chance.

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Hmm imo, only go with hit/ exp if you have TPS issues. If you're raiding, a plethora of MDs and ToTs will be available to you, and you shouldn't NEED to be hit/ exp capped. Sure it helps, but staying alive is much more important.
    I'm not sure you fully understand what expertise is for...

dont worry about int, you should not have mana issues. you will not find int on any tanking gear. at the end of bc they changed the way palidins tank. they took them from using spellpower, to using stregnth. you should not worry about stacking stregnth, it will come with gear, it will help your blocks to block more damage. as the others have said, hit>exp>mastery>dodge>parry. the mastery will boost your block. i would try to find a slower weapon, it will help with threat.