Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    During the entire encounter, Maloriak will cast two abilities that need to be dealt with immediately. One is Arcane Storm, every time it is casted it needs to be interrupted with no excuses. The other is Remedy, it can be dispelled or purged off of Maloriak, but if a Mage spellsteals it the healers won't have to worry about healing the mage for the duration of it, saving mana.
    There are 3 abilities to watch out for really

Remedy
    Release Aberrations(dedicated interrupter would be great here so you can control how many adds will come out)
    Arcane Storm

There needs to be three tanks for this fight to go smoothly at the moment, even on 10 man. One tank for Maloriak, and two
    off-tanks for the adds, because the current ilvl 346 heroic geared tank cannot withstand the damage of 12 aberrations (adds). Maloriak
    will cast 4 summons before the first green phase, one offtank will tank 6 of the aberrations and the other will tank the remaining 6. After
    the first green miniphase, the extra offtank can DPS Maloriak for the rest of the fight while the other offtank takes the remaining 6 adds before
    the second green miniphase. The offtank that takes the last 6 adds will also tank the 2 big abberations that get summoned at 20% HP. Especially
    make sure in this phase that the big adds get tanked away from the boss because they will still give the boss the add buff. It will be difficult
    because Maloriak will be kited around the room in phase 2.
    There doesn't need to be 3 tanks only 2, 1 tank can handle all the adds.

If you do the fight correctly as of 1/8/2011 a tank will only handle 9 adds every green phase and two adds in phase2.

p2 starts at 25% not 20%

Phase 2 happens at 20% HP, in this phase Maloriak will cast Magma Jets. This means he should be faced away from the raid at all times, then
    after he casts it he should be moved so the tank doesn't take extra damage. Make sure Maloriak is always facing away from the raid though,
    because if he happens to cast Magma Jets and the flames trail through the ranged DPS and healers, the raid will wipe. Maloriak will also
    summon frost orbs that need to be avoided. Time Warp/Heroism should be used this phase.
    Currently in p2 of the Maloriak fight there is no bossmod timers that tells you when Magma Jets will happen therefore you have to watch for him to raise his hand with fire in it into the air. Your tank will quickly move in the 3-5 seconds it takes Maloriak to hit the ground to avoid the fire/getting knocked into the air.(Please correct me if I'm wrong here)

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 04:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Erionn View Post
    ...Uhhh, are you dumb or something? Magmaw's Lava Pillar spawns a good ~8-10 parasites. And if the parasite hits someone, it jumps on them giving them a debuff, which after 10 seconds does damage and spawns another parasite.

You can have an OT KITE the adds, but tanking them is retarded.
    Okay I know why i said only 3 adds(you are correct its 8-10 adds, my bad!) because with the nerf to Magmaw the OT will only get infested by 3 adds not all of them. Therefore in my group we always use a OT tanking the adds, not kiting at all.
    Last edited by Mbauer; 2011-01-09 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really nice guide gz.
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

Quote Originally Posted by Rilancio View Post
    Really nice guide gz.
    NO. It is NOT BY ANY MEANS a good guide. The author of the guide himself admits the guide is outdated, and that he didn't think he would win. He still stupidly submits it, winning and putting him on first page. Now tons of guilds new to raiding who don't know any better think it's a legit guide and are going to wipe terribly because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    people who are complaining quit it .. he even stats at the tops he wrote this before Catacylsm came out so of course it outta date.
    we don't need loads of pple stating what already been made aware of. Good Job on the guide and congratz
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    he even stats at the tops he wrote this before Catacylsm came out so of course it outta date.
    He made a guide with full knowledge that it was old, outdated beta content and the rules state that it must be NEW content. The guide by all means should not of won, mainly because it's breaking the one rule stated

people who are complaining quit it .. he even stats at the tops he wrote this before Catacylsm came out so of course it outta date.
    we don't need loads of pple stating what already been made aware of. Good Job on the guide and congratz
    Let me refer you to:

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsGaming View Post
    I wrote this guide when Cataclysm was still in Beta, posted it on my guild's forums a week or so before Cataclysm released exclusively to try to have an upper hand for progression on my server, then when Boub released the contest I posted it up not thinking it would have been chosen.

Yes, most of the information is outdated and the strategies written are based off of datamined boss abilities, so a whole lot has changed.
    He posted this guide, with full knowledge it was out of date, completely not expecting to win. Probably knowing full well, that if he won and got put on the front page, tons of newbie guilds would look at this guide full of misinformation.

Now point out to me what part of that deserves any sort of congratulations?

Yes, we do need loads of people stating what has already been made aware. This thread is full of people who are posting it on their guild sites and praising it and plan on using it when they start to raid. Those people obviously are not aware that the guide is useless in every way imaginable and will be in for quite the shock when they try to do the Conclave of Wind or Atramedes or Magmaw or Halfus or Cho'gall or Nefarian or Valiona or Ascendent Council or, literally, any boss at all in Cataclysm based on this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    I think we should say thank you yo Krystlol for attempting to fix the guide.

Thank you krystlol ^^
    Really get annoyed about misleading raid guides.
    Still working on it, all done except Nefarian and the updating of the boss abilities. Moved it to a new thread for an easier time finding it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Raiding-Guide
    Will finish it up tomorrow when I'm not at work.

instead of complaining about it lets just fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Mbauer View Post
    instead of complaining about it lets just fix it
    This brings up something that has always fascinated me.

Why do people click on threads and reply to them when it is clear they have no interest what so ever in reading them?

Deleted
    Instead of complaining about it, just take a moment to amuse yourself at all the bad guilds who will take this guide seriously and wipe endlessly wondering what is going on?

Yes, good stuff!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to make suggestions about how to improve/fix a guide then do so. Do not rip on it's author or complain endlessly about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If you are going to make suggestions about how to improve/fix a guide then do so. Do not rip on it's author or complain endlessly about it.
    1. Be a responsible moderator and delete the guide.
    2. Barring that, take it off the main page and put a big red disclaimer on the top indicating that the guide is based off beta versions of the fights by a player who apparently wasn't on beta himself, and that much of the information is incorrect.
    3. Update the guide to include the actual boss abilities, using wowhead links that display the correct tooltips.
    4. Indicate whether the strats are for 10 or 25 man.
    5. Besides getting a ton of mechanics wrong, the main problem with the guide is that it doesn't actually give "strategies" -- it just talks you through the (often incorrect) abilities. Specific fights:
    Conclave: The "strat" doesn't actually discuss the difficulties of the fight (add management, tank swaps, wind blast), but instead just gives one of about 50 ways to widdle the health bars down.
    Al'Akir: Phase 1 is completely different from beta. Discuss stormling management. Discuss phase 3 at all (lol).
    Halfus: Description of the mechanics is incorrect (debuffs and p2 in particular), delete and start over.
    Valiona: The "strat" isn't actually a strat, rather it just talks you through the abilities. No mention of, say, dividing ranged into two groups, strafing in a particular direction for void zones, etc. No mention of keeping dots on both bosses.
    Council: 25% not 30% (did he even read the manaflask beta guides?). No mention of ranged interrupts right after glaciate. No mention of aegis in the strat, or the buffs in p1. No discussion of dealing with lightning rods in p2. No discussion of Hardened Skin strategy.
    Cho'gall: no discussion of best ways to deal with interrupts in p1. No discussion of dps assignments in p2, or even interrupts in p2. No discussion of proper placement of add-spawning pools in p1.
    Omnotron: No strategy discussion at all.
    Magmaw: No discussion of flame pillars, positioning, add management, etc.
    Atramedes: Bad discussion of tracking in air phases. No discussion of positioning.
    Chimaeron: No discussion of healing while bot is offline (i.e. the only challenging part of the fight).
    Maloriak: Poor discussion of add management, phase 3 mechanics.
    Nef: Missing mechanics, zero discussion of the difficult aspects of p2 and p3.
    6. Fix the terrible line breaks.
    7. Write more clearly and concisely. Eliminate useless sentences like "Heroism is best used on the pull or whenever most preferred."

Also: this guy put out a guide based on beta versions of the fights, long after information on live versions became readily available. He seems to have not even played most of the fights on beta, but probably just read the manaflask guides and took some notes. I think ripping on him is fair game.
    Last edited by Tirsten; 2011-01-09 at 10:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirsten View Post
    2. Barring that, take it off the main page and put a big red disclaimer on the top indicating that the guide is based off beta versions of the fights by a player who apparently wasn't on beta himself, and that much of the information is incorrect.
    If you bothered to read the whole thread before complaining you would see that the author already said this. It's on the front page because the guide won the contest. It isn't the official mmo-champion strategy guide.

If you really have such a problem PM an admin, but don't cry here because the guide is outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If you bothered to read the whole thread before complaining you would see that the author already said this. It's on the front page because the guide won the contest. It isn't the official mmo-champion strategy guide.

If you really have such a problem PM an admin, but don't cry here because the guide is outdated.
    Dude, its not about crying the guild is outdated, its about that the guide is not respecting the contest rules.

Like you said, the author said the guild is outdated and was posted in his own guild website earlier, which is two things against the contest rules:

1- The guide was suposed to be brand new.
    2- It was necessary that the guild was NEVER posted anywhere else before being posted in mmochamp, to be eligible for the prize.

The own author states that he disregarded those rules, and you come say we are crying? Also, the information here is indeed horrible, even if we were back on beta and all the information was not outdated, because its a bad guide overall, that contains no strats, like the above guy posted.

Sry buddy, I 100% disagree with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzaum View Post
    Dude, its not about crying the guild is outdated, its about that the guide is not respecting the contest rules.

Like you said, the author said the guild is outdated and was posted in his own guild website earlier, which is two things against the contest rules:

1- The guide was suposed to be brand new.
    2- It was necessary that the guild was NEVER posted anywhere else before being posted in mmochamp, to be eligible for the prize.

The own author states that he disregarded those rules, and you come say we are crying? Also, the information here is indeed horrible, even if we were back on beta and all the information was acurate, because its a horrible guide overall, no strats, like the above guy posted.

Sry buddy, I 100% disagree with you.
    You can disagree with me, that's fine. I didn't write the guide nor was I involved with it's selection. I agree that some of the information is out-dated.

My main concern is people coming on here and complaining endlessly about things that have already happened. Again if you feel like the rules were broken, contact and admin (Sunshine, Dinnerbone, Boubouille etc). However the interpretation of the rules should be that the guide is "new" as in hasn't been written before somewhere on this site. The contest winner for the CC guide isn't posting "new" information, just a new guide...

This thread is not the place to debate rules for a contest that is over.