Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Except that...No. The point to EP is that Haste and Crit are worth more than 1 AP/SP, but Int and Agi are worth more than 2 AP due to more mana and crit, respectively. The EP base is 1AP/SP, but other stats scale MUCH differently than them. AP and SP are linearly additive, while all secondary stats are multiplicative. Your overly simplified explanation is, well, overly simplified. It does bring into account the real goal behind EP: should I get more Haste, Crit, or Mastery for gear and spec versus a different gear level/spec?
    Well, no :/. 1 point of crit will never ever be worth the same as 1 spell power or attack power. It takes many many points of crit to be the same throughput as spellpower etc.

We chose AP as the base stat for two reasons: first historically we've used that since AP came in like everything (enchants and gems) and was a good measure while agi was a little less understandable, since it gives crit and dodge and whatnot; second: agi seemed like the way to go with the removal of AP from gear, but once we computed our first EP weigts we saw that AEP (agi EP) would render values for the other stats lower than 0.1 which is weird and we decided against it. Also, 1 AP gives exactly 1 point of attack power not 1dps, and it's nowhere near giving 1dps at all (or any linear function for what it's worth).

The gear set that we chose is 4t11 heroic with head offset I believe. Belt is from sinestra and trinkets are Fluid death and Heroic prestor's talisman of machination. Gems are 40agi in every slot except 2 if I recall correctly that match a 20agi bonus. Meta is the old RED from wrath (even though the patch in which the requirements will be fixed hasn't been deployed). Weapon enchants are dual landslide. That mostly covers both combat and assassination; reforges were different for each spec but to give you a ballpark, assassination reforged crit to hit cap and mastery after that while combat reforged expertise to cap and hit/haste after that.

e: no matter what gear set we chose, you can still figure out your exact EP weights for your current gearset thanks to the two applications I linked before =)
    Last edited by nextormento; 2010-12-23 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Nex. My brain has stopped hurting now. that means we have the chest piece which what I was hoping. it has expertise which means we are not a 0 like people are saying we want to be... We won't be capped either which I deem fine and dandy with the way we get energy back from dodges and what not.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit