Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Healing Boring in Cataclysm… After 3 years I'm quitting WoW

I worked hard to get my priest to 85 because they said healing was going to be fun again but after healing many instances I felt inadequate and useless mostly. I have enough manna to get through about 2/3 of the battles and that was only when I casted a heal every 5 to 10 seconds. I found myself missing out on all the action as I can hardly enjoy myself or I'll be out of manna again. I have all these new spells but I can't use them and I'm sorry but that is not fun to me! I need action, something to do other then watch everyone else have fun.
    I threw in the towel on my priest and leveled my Paladin to 85 to have him destroyed by the Pally nerf. The dungeon finder Queues are 45 minutes to an hour as DPS and well I have better things to do then stare at my screen for 45 min waiting for a group only to have it fall apart because the healers and tanks keep quitting. I used to be able to do 12k single target DPS on my Paladin and now I'm lucky if I can get 6k dps.

I started playing TF2 again, it's so cool how I can just log in and have a Blast... I don't have to wait an hour!

Lot of people are quitting...Do not blame ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster740 View Post
    I worked hard to get my priest to 85 because they said healing was going to be fun again but after healing many instances I felt inadequate and useless mostly. I have enough manna to get through about 2/3 of the battles and that was only when I casted a heal every 5 to 10 seconds. I found myself missing out on all the action as I can hardly enjoy myself or I'll be out of manna again. I have all these new spells but I can't use them and I'm sorry but that is not fun to me! I need action, something to do other then watch everyone else have fun.
    I threw in the towel on my priest and leveled my Paladin to 85 to have him destroyed by the Pally nerf. The dungeon finder Queues are 45 minutes to an hour as DPS and well I have better things to do then stare at my screen for 45 min waiting for a group only to have it fall apart because the healers and tanks keep quitting. I used to be able to do 12k single target DPS on my Paladin and now I'm lucky if I can get 6k dps.

I started playing TF2 again, it's so cool how I can just log in and have a Blast... I don't have to wait an hour!
    join the club

10+ Year Old Account
    enjoy tf2

we'll be here when you're bored there and want to come back.... they alway come back!!!

Sorry you didn't like the game, but maybe a post on your guild forums would be better? This thread serves no purpose.

Deleted
    R.I.P - I hope you will come back once

Like most threads here do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3816 View Post
    Lot of people are quitting...Do not blame ya.
    Record high subscriptions tend to say otherwise.
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
    Record high subscriptions tend to say otherwise.
    Lol cause it came out 2 weeks ago Dumbass

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 08:35 PM ----------

Have you seen the ratings for Cataclysmic? I think the highest i seen it get was a top 3 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3816 View Post
    Lol cause it came out 2 weeks ago Dumbass
    ^^^ ^^

As a dps, I encourage any healer/tank who isn't happy with healing/tanking, to try dps.
    Yes the queues are long, but you may like it more.
    And finding another game you enjoy more, is also a good thing.
    Don't get yourself be locked into a single game and single role. If you don't enjoy it, quit it. It's a game, it's not work, you pay them, they don't pay you.

I play to take my mind off things, and flying around mining/herbing or doing archeology or fishing, etc. accomplishes keeping me distracted. So the queues only bother me if I have to be off at certain time, and I want to run a heroic within that time period.

If enough tanks/healers quit, the queues won't get much longer, the game will simply be rebalanced to make those roles easier or someother way more fun, or simply remove those roles ... tanks aren't used in all rpg's, neither are dedicated healers. It's not the end of the world if you stop tanking/healing, wow will go on, your guild will go on, you will be fine.

Blizzard listened to the hardcore whiners on their forums. Bad choice in my opinion. To give in to a small percentage of your customers.
    To the op, sounds fair. I wouldn't enjoy what you describe either.

If you're a good healer, dont blame yourself because you can't carry a bad tank or bad dps.

To be honest it's not fun, but its more fun than WOTLK, WOTLK was full of bad healers who could spam buttons and look good.

I feel the healers pain. I think dps say there are still having fun. If they die they can always say they didn't get heals.

The sad truth is, if you CC trash pulls in order to get through them, you almost don't need a healer. It's only on the intense boss fights where healers have to try and keep up, and then they are going OOM and hoping the Boomkin or Enh Shaman tosses a heal or two here or there.

I agree with the fact that by making your healers go OOM, you virtually give them nothing to do.

Healing is broken.
    Last edited by fly; 2010-12-21 at 08:42 PM. Reason: *sigh* spelling

Deleted
    if the point of this thread was to inform us that priests need some love, then we are already aware.
    if the point of this thread is to let blizzard know how upset you are, then you have posted it on the wrong site.
    if the point of this thread was to let us know you are leaving as it qwould be rude to jut leave, then i have to say i really dont care. I dont mean that in a mean way. I just dont know you, and naturally dont care if you go. As i assume you would be if i left.

I suppose what im saying is that if you have good reasons for this thread then we either know, dont care or this is the wrong site. And if your just throwing a tantrum... go calm down and take a breather before venting on a public forum.

for everyone person that quits that cant handle cata, one person resubs because of how much better Cataclysm is than wrath.

Long queues? get a guild...
    Groups falling apart? get a guild...
    My Armory

In the begginning there was nothing... Then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said: ''Get a job''.
    That is the true story of universe

I had the same reasons when quitting + i dont like wow lore anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmile View Post
    Long queues? get a guild...
    Groups falling apart? get a guild...
    Getting a friggen guild is not the answer to everything.