Ultimate Shadow priest rotation or macro?

Hi, im checking for rotation to my priest, cant get higher than 7k dps :s
    I got 16.51% Hit Chance, 12.55 Crit Chance and 3.08% Haste.
    5867 spell power.

Can anyone tell me a good rotation? Im level 85, got 341 item lvl and need good dps, mine is bad :/
    Im using a macro like this;

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/7 devouring plague, vampiric touch, shadow word: death, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay, mind blast, mind flay, vampiric touch, shadow word: death, mind flay, devouring plague, mind flay, mind blast, mind flay, shadow word: death, vampiric touch, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay, mind blast, mind flay
    /cast [channeling] shadowfiend
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

where i manually cast SW:P.

Would be fine if somebody can help me here..

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmyoldemor View Post
    Hi, im checking for rotation to my priest, cant get higher than 7k dps :s
    I got 16.51% Hit Chance, 12.55 Crit Chance and 3.08% Haste.
    5867 spell power.

Can anyone tell me a good rotation? Im level 85, got 341 item lvl and need good dps, mine is bad :/
    Im using a macro like this;

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/7 devouring plague, vampiric touch, shadow word: death, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay, mind blast, mind flay, vampiric touch, shadow word: death, mind flay, devouring plague, mind flay, mind blast, mind flay, shadow word: death, vampiric touch, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay, mind blast, mind flay
    /cast [channeling] shadowfiend

where i manually cast SW:P.

Would be fine if somebody can help me here..
    I don't have explicit advice for you on your rotation but I can tell you your haste rating is absurdly low. Also you can give yourself a little leeway on the 16% hit cap, it's not as hard-line a rule in this expansion.

PS -- The fact that you rely on a macro is troubling. You really should be able to play your class without using a macro.

I'm not 100% up to date on SPriests with all the changes, but I normally pull 9-12k on bosses. Depends on boss and buffs. I have not stepped foot into raids yet.
    Haste is still very important, and only 3% is one of your problems. (Cookie's "food haste buff" in Deadmines I pull 18k+, that's how awesome haste is.)

I'm sitting at 5181 spell(minus inner fire), 12.32% hit(I know i'm still low for raids), 13.67% crit, 12.84% haste, and still not fully geared, gemmed, or enchanted properly.

You should be starting with SW:P to get your Orb proc going. I personally start with SW:P then finishing applying my rotation
    DP-->VT-->SW: Death(to regain most of the mana spent on applications)-->MF until Orb proc-->MB. Then reapply VT and DP so that they get the Empowered bonus.
    If I go 10-15 sec w/out an orb proc I generally will add MB back into the rotation. This will make you possibly wait on the global on it when you do proc an orb, but I do believe it's better dps not to leave it out if it takes forever to proc an orb.

I don't like macros because it bores me and with a lot of movement fights(and guilty of being a PW:S shadowpriest with bad healers), I tend to have to change up my rotation. The randomness of the orb procs make a set rotation odd. I prefer to MB every time it's up and still not certain if waiting on the 3rd orb is worth the wait seeing how it sometimes takes 15-30 seconds to get one orb....

Once again i'm not 100% on this nor a theorycrafter, this is just what I use as of now as I learn a little more.
    Don't hold me to any of this being "the best" it's just what I know.
    This is advice that is better than nothing, i'm sure someone more "mathy" can help you out more than me .

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Opener:____________Shadow Word: Pain > Devouring Plague > Vampiric Touch > Mind Blast 1-3 Orbs > Mind Flay until first Orb*

Target Health > 25%: Vampiric Touch > Devouring Plague > Shadow Word: Pain > Mind Blast 1-3 Orbs > Mind Flay

Target Health < 25%: Vampiric Touch > Devouring Plague> Shadow Word: Pain > Shadow Word: Death > Mind Blast 1-3 Orbs> Mind Flay

For more info, check out the following link:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uide-version-1

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, stop using a macro, that's been a guaranteed dps loss since early wotlk. You can't take advantage of procs or anything else when using one and Blizzard has said that they hate them and much more prefer a priority based system and have designed the game around it. I pretty much assume New is spot on, as my spriest skills are far from adequate.

tbh there is a upside and a downside to using a macro for your dps when i first went back to my spriest granted i did use a macro for it that i made myself but then as time past i changed to manualy casting for procs etc and pulling 7k atm even with the current state of shadow priests is ridiculous if you are content on using a macro for your dps use this one that i pulled from shadowpriest dot com although it looks like you did but

but using macros to raid by is pretty stupid if you ask me its just a skill-less person hitting 1 button rather than watching cds not clipping your dots etc ull pull much more dps if you manualy get your rotation down pact.

/cast [nochanneling] shadowfiend

It may be a little lame to use a spell tracking addon, but I just started using Ovale spell priority. My dps went from around 5-6k at ilevel 332 to over 10k dps on bosses and I average 8k dps overall. I have around 16% hit, 9% haste and 10% crit. If you go to Ovale's website they have a updated script to add to it in game. It gives you a rotation to follow, helps me to know when to reapply my dots, to know exactly when to cast SW death etc.. It's not perfect by any means but it has helped me a ton being a new spriest. I hope this helps

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was an add-on called Face Melter that was great for teaching you what you should be casting. I wouldn't say it was ever as effective at increasing your DPS like CLCret for Retribution Paladins was though. Just a friendly visual hint that the next spell coming up was what you should be casting and whatnot.

There is a newer version of it on curse right now, however, I haven't tried it. If you're looking to break away from dependence on using a macro to DPS, try looking up Face Melter Reloaded. Learning the priority system should trump a spell cast macro once you really learn it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re: Face Melter Reloaded

There is a very good thread about this on shadowpriest.com. Look it up and you can read through what's different about it.

Re: Macros

It's as if Blizz decided that they personally didn't like Squinky's macros so did everything they could to defeat them with RNG procs, etc. The only use for them that makes any sense at all is to play with it to see how the pieces fit together and then once you understand that, stop using it entirely and develop your own play style. The fact is it's a little annoying at this point to see requests for an spriest rotation because we really haven't had one for a long time now and the belief that there's a 'rotation' that can make you a good player is just creating more bad players. Just my opinion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we don't have a rotation and haven't for a while. But there is a point when you see enough of people asking for a Shadow Priest rotation, you have to give up semantics, and just try to help someone using the words they have come to define their system of reference in to make better Shadow Priests overall.

macros are fine for questing i used one on my affliction lock just so i could spam 1 while watching TV but never use them in a group or raid setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Yeah, we don't have a rotation and haven't for a while. But there is a point when you see enough of people asking for a Shadow Priest rotation, you have to give up semantics, and just try to help someone using the words they have come to define their system of reference in to make better Shadow Priests overall.
    Well I was just venting

I've got a couple of macros I use as well. I suppose I should have been clearer about what I was saying there. Macros are fine. Macros that play your character for you are not fine if you're an spriest. That said, Squinky has an interesting and useful process for his macros and I'd recommend anyone that's interested in that sort of thing to look up the threads on shadowpriest.com where he explains them. I can imagine that his process would be very useful for other classes and for very specific situational things where you want to bang off 4/5 spells in an efficient manner. I've built something like it for <25% target health that I've used with intermittently good and bad results. Figuring out the difference has taught me stuff so I'm not anti-macro...just cautious about using them, especially now and very especially with spriests having to be RNG aware.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Well I was just venting

I've got a couple of macros I use as well. I suppose I should have been clearer about what I was saying there. Macros are fine. Macros that play your character for you are not fine if you're an spriest. That said, Squinky has an interesting and useful process for his macros and I'd recommend anyone that's interested in that sort of thing to look up the threads on shadowpriest.com where he explains them. I can imagine that his process would be very useful for other classes and for very specific situational things where you want to bang off 4/5 spells in an efficient manner. I've built something like it for <25% target health that I've used with intermittently good and bad results. Figuring out the difference has taught me stuff so I'm not anti-macro...just cautious about using them, especially now and very especially with spriests having to be RNG aware.
    I agree, macros are fine. I should have been more specific, saying the macros I was talking about were like the above mentioned ones which essentially cast for you. I also get tired seeing repeated threads on people asking what they should do when there are lots of threads with great information in them (Especially using the word rotation, but again, gotta be willing to accept people will call it that). I also recommend some of the threads on shadowpriest.com and attempt to bring what relevant information I gather from there, to these forums. As School House Rock says, "Knowledge is power".