Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    How so?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Even as Shadow spec Holy Nova does more damage. If you glyph it, it's not even close. The only time you would use Mind Sear over Holy Nova is if you can't get into melee range to use your other AoE which does more damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Take off your strength/stam cloth and put on caster gear.

Deleted
    - killing snaketraps
    - unstealthing rogues

Deleted
    its pvp spell priest spam it to find rogues and feral druids
    also in pve some guys using it when all raid in one place

Its a fail aoe =/ i only use it to kill 1-3k mobs which are rare in cata areas D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    Say hello to Mind Sear.

Unless you meant 'best aoe spell non-shadow priests have' but you'd still probably be wrong because all priests get Mind Sear at level 75.
    You mean the Mind Sear that deals less damage than glyphed Holy Nova?

Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    Holy Nova has diminishing returns. It heals for a max of 5 targets. On yourself, it heals for roughly 4500 at 85. With yourself and another player it would heal each of you for 2250. With 2 others it is 1500 etc. If you have any intention of using HN as a heal in PvE, you are doing it wrong.
    This is not how aoe diminishing works.

Its for pvp, to bring ppl out of stealth.

Deleted
    I use it instead of mind sear to aoe, mind sear's expensive and deals less damage than holy nova does in most cases - it also heals a small amount so overall holy nova > mind sear.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    This is not how aoe diminishing works.
    Not usually. But I could've swore they planned on including this into Holy Nova.

I haven't been impressed with the spell since after Firefighter (or unglyphed for Grand Crusade), so I haven't seen for myself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    it's good for .. let's se.... Low level boost that's it

The spell was shaping up to be awesome. Then they implemented the 5 player hard cap. Not only that, but they made it do X amount of damage divided by the amount of targets it hits.

When only hitting myself, it's hardly worth using as a heal...
    I can just imagine in PvP getting trained "FUCK NO GET AWAY FROM ME YOU'RE GONNA GET ME KILLED BY MS'ing MY HOLY NOOOVAAAAA" when your friendly rogue is just trying to peel for you he'll end up getting you killed =/

It pains me that it seems to have gotten weaker since WotLK. I used to farm mobs in huge groups by holy nova'ing them down. I guess that's why it was weakened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    The spell was shaping up to be awesome. Then they implemented the 5 player hard cap. Not only that, but they made it do X amount of damage divided by the amount of targets it hits.
    And this is why Mind Sear becomes viable for AOE if there are more than a few mobs around. It takes a lot of them though before it becomes very useful. But a straight out statement that HN will always do more damage than Mind Sear in every situation is mistaken.

I remember one time in vanilla in ZG, it was a near wipe on panther boss. Me (a hunter) and a priest was all that was left alive, and holy nova saved our asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    use in duels against rogues and druids :P

It's not on my bars. Not until they fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.