Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

80 solves and I unlocked it, to bad I'm a priest
    its my 19th rare

Deleted
    I went from 1-450 without solving any troll artefacts. Had about 1400 troll fragments and 31 tablets, no zinrokh. Stopped archeology for a few days and then took it up again and got zinrokh as my 76th troll solve.

254 troll solves atm... still nothing. Im just waiting when blizz will come with something like "We just noticed theres bug when your race/class combination is unable to get it, but we are still happy that u wasted your time and we will not give u any satisfaction as always. We will fix this in next major patch."

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    At 450 skill can I still farm Eastern kingdoms? What's the significance of zone and level? Id assumed I could just farm troll sites in EK?

Deleted
    I did 1-100 in kalimdor, didnt bother reading up on how to get zinrokh cause i figured i wouldnt get it anyway. Then i did the rest in Eastern Kingdoms, havent even been to outland or northrend to dig.

You still get 5 skill/solve (mostly, sometimes you dont) up to 525 in EK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruinku View Post
    Your attempted logic just made my brain hurt. 135% - 100% = 35%. Going over 35% "effort" to get his epic is my point in my previous post. The fact that I have to explain that shows me the amount of sense you have to interpret people's words.
    Just because something has a 1% chance to drop doesn't mean you get 1 outta 100, even a 95 % chance on something you could theoretically never get it

10+ Year Old Account
    105 after hitting 450 been working on it for slightly more then a a week after hitting 450

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luderberg View Post
    80 solves and I unlocked it, to bad I'm a priest
    its my 19th rare
    its boa so you could lvl a melee class
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Privus View Post
    The only way this logic would work is in a situation where you for example have 100 balls in a jar, 99 white balls and 1 black ball and you want the black ball and you pick out 1 ball at the time and see if it's black without puting it back for the next attempt then after 100 attempts you have 100% chance of getting the black ball on 1 of the attempts. And that is because the odds is getting better and better with each attempt, but here you still only have 1% chance of getting it on each and every attempt wich means you don't have a 100% chance of getting it after 100 attempts but you have 1% chance of getting it in 1 attempt after another. I have a pretty limited understanding of probability but I think that even if you try 135 times with 1% chance each try you still only stand att 1% chance of discovering it.
    Someone doesn't have an understanding of how probability actually works.

Yes, the first guy was wrong , but you're ALSO wrong.

While the number will never reach 100% chance for a drop rate, the more you farm the higher the chances will be that you will see a drop. Yes, this only get over a 50% chance after hundreds and hundreds of drops, and only get close to 99% after thousands, but your chances do increase the more you farm.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1...ntgraphic4.jpg <-- this image shows how it works, using something that has one of the lowest drop rates in the game.

By the time you hit 200 troll procs (probably over 450 skill) you'll have probably a really good chance that you'll have seen it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not a deck of cards where your chance of getting the card you want get higher everytimes a card is drawn. It's not probability, it's a chance. Everytimes you solve, it's a 1% chance, if it was infact 1% chance. It's luck, aka RNG.

However, I found out a 50% chance that you will get the weapon. You have 2 options, run around you chair every solve or sit there. If you ran around your chair and it didn't proc, you should have stayed in your chair :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Someone doesn't have an understanding of how probability actually works.

Yes, the first guy was wrong , but you're ALSO wrong.

While the number will never reach 100% chance for a drop rate, the more you farm the higher the chances will be that you will see a drop. Yes, this only get over a 50% chance after hundreds and hundreds of drops, and only get close to 99% after thousands, but your chances do increase the more you farm.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1...ntgraphic4.jpg <-- this image shows how it works, using something that has one of the lowest drop rates in the game.

By the time you hit 200 troll procs (probably over 450 skill) you'll have probably a really good chance that you'll have seen it.
    bahahahahahahhahah did you pass probabilities in maths? even if you solved 1000 troll artifacts and don't get the epic, your nxt solve to get the sword would still be 1%, the chance does not increase no matter how many times you've solved, just like some other newbie who just hit 450 their chance of getting the sword on first solve is same as my 129928734237598437895th troll solve. 1% ( assuming the rumours are true bout it being 1% )

I got mine three days after starting Archaeology. The second day I didn't really do much.

Roughly 5+ hours a day for 9 days now. I've accumulated every Dwarf Rare, Fossil Rare, and even a Vykrul rare hunting for this thing.

My biggest problem has been a lack of troll sites popping, I solve on average 7 fossil/dwarf artifacts for every 1 troll.

It's getting immensely frustrating.

What is even more frustrating is a Warlock in our guild got it as their like second or third rare solve... they also don't even have an alt that can even use it.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    bahahahahahahhahah did you pass probabilities in maths? even if you solved 1000 troll artifacts and don't get the epic, your nxt solve to get the sword would still be 1%, the chance does not increase no matter how many times you've solved, just like some other newbie who just hit 450 their chance of getting the sword on first solve is same as my 129928734237598437895th troll solve. 1% ( assuming the rumours are true bout it being 1% )
    You are the one who do not understand probability or at the least do not understand what the person you quoted is saying. Yes the chance of each individual solve being Zin'Rokh is always the same. Lets assume it is 1%. However doing more does increase the overall probability in the long run. So with 1% chance of you getting it. That means there is a 99% chance of you not getting it. Over a thousand solves the consecutive chance of you not getting it is .99^1000 which is a tiny chance.
    Last edited by Jinto; 2010-12-27 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    Total Artifacts:
    Dwarf: 95
    Draenei: 1
    Fossil: 30
    Night Elf: 39
    Nerubian: 1
    Orc: 1
    Tol'vir: 5
    Troll 155
    Vrykul: 1

And out of all these, only 7 rares xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    You are the one who do not understand probability or at the least do not understand what the person you quoted is saying. Yes the chance of each individual solve being Zin'Rokh is always the same. Lets assume it is 1%. However doing more does increase the overall probability in the long run. So with 1% chance of you getting it. That means there is a 99% chance of you not getting it. Over a thousand solves the consecutive chance of you not getting it is .99^1000 which is a tiny chance.
    " but your chances do increase the more you farm. " <--- this is what I'm quoting, you telling me the more m chance of getting the sword as my next sword will increase as I solve more? I understand what YOUR getting at, but dang ain't that obvious?

Deleted
    Haven't farmed it, but got it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    O soon to be 2 weeks with no zinrokh...

Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    " but your chances do increase the more you farm. " <--- this is what I'm quoting, you telling me the more m chance of getting the sword as my next sword will increase as I solve more? I understand what YOUR getting at, but dang ain't that obvious?
    The more you farm, the overall chance of you getting it do increase. As shown in the graph that other guy linked. It will never reach 100% but it is darn close. If it is so obvious you would have got it just from reading at what the other guy is saying.

edit: "the more you farm the higher the chances will be that you will see a drop" That is what that person said. This is completely true. He never stated that the next drop will have a higher chance. Just that the "the higher then chances will be that you will see a drop". As I have shown, through probability, that is true. That means you were ridiculing someone for something that is totally not what he is saying making you either a) misinformed or b) just can't read.
    Last edited by Radux; 2010-12-27 at 04:35 AM.

by the time most of people get it, it will be obsolete <sadface>