Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Okay.. now I'm past 1000...

You Are At 1003 Troll Solves and 25075 Troll Frags. (99.3% Chance)

I got it on my 60th solve. Ironically I wasn't even looking for it and due to my guildies obsession with the sword, felt very guilty also. Just to add further misery, I have no character who can use it

Over 500 total solves, 280 troll, and I still haven't seen it. These days I just do archaeology to get keystones for the dailies in the dungeons that give buffs. If I ever see the sword, so be it, but I stopped actively farming for it.

Deleted
    I got it within 1 hour. I guess I'm just lucky.

Deleted
    224 solves after hitting 525, still nothing. I think I will continue to smash my head against the keyboard and still asking "why, why i deserve this shit"

It's because your a paladin which is NOT part of paragon... my friend thats why.

im up to around 200 solves and no sign of it yet /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    And yet you could have an equal sword with 15 arena wins in 2v2...
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

There is a very plausible theory out there that the distribution of solves before getting Zin'rokh is going to show a minor bimodal distribution, because the game does not allow you to duplicate a common solve until you have solved all commons within the race. What that means is that as you increase the number of common solves you have done, but have not yet done all, you are maximizing your chances on each solve to get Zin'rokh, because if the game rolls a common solve you already have, it will roll again (this could very plausibly happen repeatedly if you have most of your commons done already but not all).

That kind of explains why you tend to see people claiming they got it very early, and others have solved hundreds of times without seeing it, your chance of seeing it on any given solve increases until you have every troll common, then it plummets. Since it doesn't seem that you can actually dump archaeology and re-level it, the best advice would be to re-level arch on an alt on the same account to try to get it.

got it on my ret pally two months ago at 480 arch, took about a day and a half of leveling arch.

10+ Year Old Account
    84 solves for me for troll. /goes insane and stabs people.

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    There is a very plausible theory out there that the distribution of solves before getting Zin'rokh is going to show a minor bimodal distribution, because the game does not allow you to duplicate a common solve until you have solved all commons within the race. What that means is that as you increase the number of common solves you have done, but have not yet done all, you are maximizing your chances on each solve to get Zin'rokh, because if the game rolls a common solve you already have, it will roll again (this could very plausibly happen repeatedly if you have most of your commons done already but not all).

That kind of explains why you tend to see people claiming they got it very early, and others have solved hundreds of times without seeing it, your chance of seeing it on any given solve increases until you have every troll common, then it plummets. Since it doesn't seem that you can actually dump archaeology and re-level it, the best advice would be to re-level arch on an alt on the same account to try to get it.

=_='' are you serious? I dont want to relevel this shit on a non-mage. I dont see how RNG-gods would favore a person who does not have all the commons. Youd think after you have all the commons it would be like "Hey this person has all but this one thing LETS GIVE THEM THAT" Its random so how would doing it on some other person help?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And yet you could have an equal sword with 15 arena wins in 2v2...
    Lolwat?

Don't troll. Same iLvl =/= Item just as good

EDIT: 839 Troll Solves now..

Quote Originally Posted by Talizora View Post
    =_='' are you serious? I dont want to relevel this shit on a non-mage. I dont see how RNG-gods would favore a person who does not have all the commons. Youd think after you have all the commons it would be like "Hey this person has all but this one thing LETS GIVE THEM THAT" Its random so how would doing it on some other person help?
    The reason doing it on an alt would help is because having not already solved all the commons, if this theory is correct (that the game just re-rolls if you duplicate a common solve before completing all commons within a race), the more commons you have already solved (short of having solved all of them), then more likely the game will have to re-roll to get you your next solve. That means that your chance of getting any given rare as a solve increases with each common solve within a race, until you have solved all of them.

This is not exactly rocket science, it's just the consequence of them possibly designing the selection of solves as a simple roll with a re-roll if necessary, instead of doing it as a probability problem with replacement (which is how one would intuitively assume it would work). I don't think it's totally understood which method the game uses to decide your solves, but there's some very strong anecdotal evidence for the method I'm describing.

Here is one of many explanations out there if you need more information:
    http://wowdigsite.com/guides/rares-explained/
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-04-19 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quite a while, been grinding EK for troll and dwarf epics, but thankfully I dont't have a char that is waiting for them, it's more because I am anal and have to get them .

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post

I started releveling arch on my pally today and got a duplicate common almost right away.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole duplicate common artifact theory is definately not true. 400 troll solves and still no sword...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

A bit over 300 and still going, my sanity's slowly fading.
    Code:
    while (flamingPeople)
    {
         ePenis++;
    }

Deleted
    Guys here's a tip stop doing arch, farm gold the same amount of time, go to a good guild on your server, pay them to boost you in a heroic raid and tada ;D

No but got it while leveling arch on wrong server and on my mains server I'm at about 150 troll solves and haven't seen it yet.

Deleted
    I wish I hadn't read this thread. I'm at about 100 troll solves, and I'm already slitting my wrists over all the god damn fossil dig sites in EK. After reading some replies in this thread I feel like giving up

i gave up at 94 troll solves, i should have given up at 1, cause archy is a big waste of time.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland