Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After reading this thread, I decided to save up all my troll frags. All I did was hop between kalimdor and eastern kingdoms collecting frags. I solved fossil, NE, and dwarf. I think the mount and pet hatchling for fossil were pretty low, got them really early. For NE, I got the robe and mirror early on too. From 250-450 or so, everything I solved was commons for mainly NE and fossil. At 440, I had about 600 or so troll frags saved up and I decided to solve 2 troll just to get to 450, and lo and behold the first assignment I get at 450 is zinrokh.

Eastern Kingdom is a great place for troll frags. You can use the zepp to go from the upper are to lower area (if you're horde) to gather a bit faster.
    Now if only tolvir frags were easier to come by.

good luck guys merry xmas!

I stopped solving fossil's after 525 and after all the farming i have done trying to get zin'rokh i now have over 800 fossil fragments.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Why saving the fragments?
    Can't you raise the skill wicked fast by solving a bunch of artifacts?

Deleted
    How do I check how many troll fragments I've solved?
    Last edited by mmoca7e579c476; 2010-12-25 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Spelling errors >.>

I got it just a bit after reaching the archaeology skill cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I got it just a bit after reaching the archaeology skill cap.
    !!! Really? Congratz, I haven't seen one yet and my guildie has gotten a TON of frags. >.>

Deleted
    got it at 40 solves

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now above 200 troll projects solved after 450 skill.. I am losing hope in this baby.. Thinking of buying the arena sword on wednesday instead, and never ever again do anything related to archaeology.

Deleted
    Been farming about a solid week and a half now..done 274 troll solves, havent seen it yet..meanwhile I've done 194 dwarf solves, yet to see the staff aswell , also saved up like 4100 fossil fragments now ^^.

48 artifacts one being the sword

Deleted
    So I caved on my second alt and solved ~3500 frags before reaching 85, and ofc, no sword drop.
    ~300 troll solves over 3 chars. meh.
    I'd rather farm the insane again if it got me zin'rokh then trying to beat rng -_-

343 Troll Solves on one Char, no Sword.
    280 Dwarft Solves, no Stuff.
    47 Nightelve, All Rares -.-

Wtb luck for the Sword : (

i just want the caster stuff! my warlock will LOVE the dwarf staff and/or the Nelf trinket.

As much as I enjoy archaeology, I really wish they'd allow us to specialize in sections for a while -- I'd love to farm troll fragments specifically for a goal of the sword, but having to fly around as much as is required gets a little tiring.

I'm up to a fair number of troll solves and I haven't seen Zin'rokh. Good luck to everybody else who is farming for the sword as well!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 500, and NO F*CKING RARES YET

Deleted
    Ohwell with the removal of Vashj'ir digsites grinding on my main is viable again ^_^

A ret paladin in my guild saved up 1800 fragments, solved away, and never got it. I would probably delete the profession right there ><

The items are quite nice and boa.
    Very frustrating to see no great items yet, but the expo has been out only a few weeks and there is lots of time.
    Looking forward to learning these different items and the future ones they come up with.

GUildie got it first troll solve after 450 ive solved about 80 and nothing yet. . .

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is good to know there are some things worth it in the profession.