Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Dear Blizzard,

Please ignore people who want to bring Volley back. BM relying on their pet for AOE and MM having no reasonable AOE without high Mastery sucks, but Volley was horrible. Please give BM and MM something as interesting as Serpent Spread so that they can be competitive on Magmaw and other fights which require lots of AOE. Or rather, please just buff BM and MM so they're competitive at anything. Just don't bring back Volley. It sucked.

Yours Truly... some random Hunter.

Seriously... Volley sucked. No one would use it even if they brought it back. Serpent Spread is better.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Yours Truly... some random Hunter.

Seriously... Volley sucked. No one would use it even if they brought it back. Serpent Spread is better.

Signed!

Seriously, the only advantage old Volley had was in the specific situation of being forced to stack up on a spot in a group/raid with AoE trash gathered on top of you. You could still Volley at your feet!

The new Multi-Shot does not involve summoning a shower of magical arrows from the sky after firing your GUN into the clouds. The new Multi-Shot is usable while moving. Except in the very specific situation given above, you can kite while AoEing.

Hunters can now use every damage-dealing ability but auto-shot without standing still. Why does nostalgia or fear of change compel people to beg for nerfs?
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Deleted
    Go Survival and spam multi shot

Deleted
    Real reason why i miss Volley, is because im pretty sure that Multi-Shot is causing my ranged weapon lose durability really fast. I basically always avoid repair costs with Feign Death, but i still have to repair my bow all the time.

Volley was awful. I'd rather be launching traps and weaving in Multishots. Much more interesting than hitting a button every 6 seconds through an entire heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Treakle View Post
    Play a Shadow priest then come back
    ok done, i miss volley still. now what

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about volley for PvE, I just wish I could break stealth with something other than flare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    for a start 99% of mobs in the game are freaking melee so u have to consistently be told by your character that the targets too close

Here's a tip. Try kiting/strafing next time. Problem solved. The alternative you're asking for in old Volley is to be surrounded by mobs that can each crit your face for 5-10% of your life in a single hit. I don't know about you, but I'd rather kite and be alive when the mobs die than channel Volley and be dead before its completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    and its not always easy to aim traps... especially in pvp

Never had the slightest problem with that in PvE or PvP. Are you using a keybind or clicking on your ability bar?

---

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention before. Unlike Volley, Multi-Shot doesn't disable your auto-shots.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Deleted
    Multi Shot and Explosive trap is more than enugh and if you are survival you also put Serp Sting on them so how many more dps you need ? :P

Volley was taken away because it was too much like magic in a physical dps class.

In return, we received completely plausible infinite bags of arrows, and a catapault for our equally infinite bags of diamondbacks, liquid nitrogen, and napalm. Oh, and predator mode.

So uhh... yeah.... too much magic.

Dude it's gone get over it. Multi shot is plenty good enough. Adapt once you do will not look back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multi Shot is good, real good. If you know the pack is coming and you don't have to worry about CC. Lay down some traps ahead of time too.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2010-12-22 at 09:12 PM.

Bm has worm and chimaera, surv has serpent spread and traps, and mm's multi shot is powerful, so I don't think we need volley, just better macros lol

Deleted
    Us being the only class that can move and constantly aoe at range, and our AoE being VERY good... Dont see why you complain? HF kiting worms on Magmaw with volley

I was disappointed with the change myself at first but have come to like the aoe dps of multi shot its just not very affective on 3 targets or less. Traps are still a pain though.
    Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotz View Post
    I was disappointed with the change myself at first but have come to like the aoe dps of multi shot its just not very affective on 3 targets or less. Traps are still a pain though.

Neither was volley really.

I miss the jizz-shot animation =( it was the ultimate finisher
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”