Deleted

Boss despawn bug using Flame Orb

Hey all, not sure if anyone has discovered this yet but I'll just give a quick description for those who haven't:

Was in Heroic Stonecore the other day, and hit Flame Orb by accident before the tank pulled. As soon as the orb got close to the boss he dissapeared. Naturally, we just laughed and ran straight past him. We then did this to the next boss, and I've also tried it in Vortex Pinnacle and it works on the first two bosses there as well so if nobody needs gear from these bosses you can basically just skip over them which is quite funny:P

Well anyway, it's probably well known and will be fixed today, but hey just wanted to share the neat trick.

- Fen

Never had that happen, although I have had my flame orb kill the last boss of Stonecore while she was floating and her corpse fell through the platform. If that happens you have to jump blink through to the corpse

That is a strange bug.

I tried to use flame orb while flying through the air due to the trash mobs in throne of tides, and the orb just dissapeared as soon as it appeared. Also tried to use it at max range of my other spells and it just dissapeares before reaching my target. So yeah, not the easiest spell to use.

Does anyone know if it will attack a cc'd target if used in a group pull situation? I am always afraid to cast it when there are saps, hex's, and sheeps all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    atm...Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. But I'm traveling.
    If you drop your flame orb beside a mob that's CC'd, and it's the closest mob TO the Flame Orb, then yes I would imagine it's likely going to attack that mob. I've also never tried this, simply because I expect it to happen - and I'm not in the habit of mucking up my own sheeps.

I have had some weird instances with the Flame Orb though - in that while moving forward toward a boss to drop it, the orb does one of three things 1) It drops instantly as I hit it, and instantly disappears without any forward motion or dmg done - 2) Drops, then moves forward far too quickly and ends up out of range - making it disappear or 3) Works well as intended and does its fully intended rotation.

Odd.
    .: Navek: Undead. Mage. Area 52. pewpew!

Deleted
    I had the same bug while soloing Heroic Magister's Terrace, that's an odd bugg...

Quote Originally Posted by Navek View Post
    If you drop your flame orb beside a mob that's CC'd, and it's the closest mob TO the Flame Orb, then yes I would imagine it's likely going to attack that mob. I've also never tried this, simply because I expect it to happen - and I'm not in the habit of mucking up my own sheeps.

I have had some weird instances with the Flame Orb though - in that while moving forward toward a boss to drop it, the orb does one of three things 1) It drops instantly as I hit it, and instantly disappears without any forward motion or dmg done - 2) Drops, then moves forward far too quickly and ends up out of range - making it disappear or 3) Works well as intended and does its fully intended rotation.

Odd.
    Flameorb has similar AI to a pet, in that it does not attack CC'd mobs (sheep, sap, etc.) - it will never break your CC, unless theres some strange fringe case where the lag syncs up just right and it does it on accident

I've noticed my water elemental, while on defensive, will occasionally assist me when im sheeping a target, has anyone else witnessed this?

10+ Year Old Account
    The boss is attacked, enters combat. Tries to target Orb, fails. No one on threat list, reset.

Explained, Simply fixed.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod