Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I tried a spec with telluric currents and tbh I didnt find it worth it.
    If I'm out of mana, then usually the other healers usually are as well, and whipe it anyways, it has never saved my raid.
    I find the mana regen so poor, it feels like I get more mana back from not casting for a bit.
    Might be my personaly feeling tough.
    You dont gain any more mana while not casting than you do casting, so that point is invalid. Also, if you have time to sit there not casting in a fight to regen, then you have no excuse not to use TC and gain more mana back while also providing, albeit very minor, DPS to the raid.

Um question - out of interest how much haste would one need to drop Chain heal to 1.5 second cast or even 1 second cast? Mate of mine and I where sitting discussing chain heal and the fact that Im sitting at a 2.3 second cast at the moment.

This question doesnt make sense. Its just absolutely impossible to stack enough haste to get 1.5 sec cast time of ch. You need 3k haste rating to get 1.9 seconds cast time. And you have to be full 372 epic, full reforged and gemed to haste to stack so much haste.

But the real problem is - if you regem and reforge all your gear to haste, you will lose such important stats as mana regen, int and crit.

Shaman got HUGE burst heal. We can get oom in just 40 seconds. But in the same time our regen is passive. If you got oom - you will stay oom to the end of the fight (If boss is not magmaw or halfus where you can regen your mana really fast with telluric currents). You should balance your haste and spirit+crit so you can get as much mana as you spend.

Forget about haste. If someone tells you that you should stack haste - he never played with shaman after wotlk.
    You should have at least 920 haste. But there is no point to stack above this, if your gear is not at least full 359 and you have enough mana regen.
    You should have spirit on every item you have.
    You should reforge every other stat(haste/mastery) to crit for even more regen.
    You should gem with intellect gems(int+spirit for blue, int+crit for orange).

Thats basicly all you need to know as new shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    If you got oom - you will stay oom to the end of the fight (If boss is not magmaw or halfus where you can regen your mana really fast with telluric currents). You should balance your haste and spirit+crit so you can get as much mana as you spend.
    Bullshit. There are enough ways to regen mana. You can even tell your other healers "guys, I'm oom, I'm only gonna use my mana-efficient-spell to reg mana, please take cover of me for the next 30 seconds." Or use MTT. Or get an Innervate. Or use Telluric Turrents. Telluric Turrents is ALWAYS mana-efficient in the long run. Even on a boss that has no damage-debuff. Even without an elemental precision-spec.

Forget about haste. If someone tells you that you should stack haste - he never played with shaman after wotlk.
    Don't state this as a fact. There are enough shaman out there who stacked haste before to 2000. It's a very bursty playstyle with a lot of TC-usage. But it works. Don't state something as a fact just because you think so.

You should have at least 920 haste. But there is no point to stack above this, if your gear is not at least full 359 and you have enough mana regen.
    The first thing I agree with. But you can even go lower on haste. the 916-hastecap is for earthliving. The most rubbish of our healing spells. If you're tank-healing you're gonna refresh EL before you got the last tick.

You should have spirit on every item you have.
    debatable. For me it's more important to get 4pc and 2 trinkets with spirit (like tsunami and JoAR) then having spirit on every piece

You should reforge every other stat(haste/mastery) to crit for even more regen.
    Bullshit. The regen from crit is miniscule compared to a) spirit b) a mana-efficient healing c) smart usage of cooldowns
    Crit is a jack of all-trades in terms of how it affects us. We have 3 crit-procs, and a critting heal heals for more, and it regens a bit.

But Haste and Mastery are better in terms of thorughput then crit. Mastery is the way to go in progression Raids. It helps where it has to and it works offensly against overhealing.

You should gem with intellect gems(int+spirit for blue, int+crit for orange).
    int+crit/mastery/haste. Don't overvalue crit.

Thats basicly all you need to know as new shaman.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

I know it was just one of those "hmm I wonder if it's possible" questions as I said we were discusing how one could in wotlk spam chain heal in icc 25 HM and pwn at heals and yet its meh a bit useless VS spirit / crit advantages in cata for well, any healing. hmmm I'm still gona try it one day for the hell of it tho just to see how low I can actually get the cast on CH.