Thread: Rogue Control

Rogue Control

I'm having a problem with rogue/healer in 2v2 arena. I play an UH DK and my partner is a Restro Druid. We do really well vs everything else, but the rogues have crazy lockdown. Basically their healer stays at max distance by a LoS and the rogue focuses me. My partner tries to dispel the slow off of me, but it is a losing battle and he runs out of mana very quick. I use AMS to keep the poison off of me but shell is only up for 7 seconds and cripple lasts for 12 seconds. If I do manage to get to the healer then I get hit with a root/snare/cc from them and then the rogue is back on me. If I go up against the rogue, even if I get him very low (which is very hard to do with recuperate, disarm, stuns, evasion, gouge + the healer popping in and out of LoS spot healing) he just cloaks and vanishes to wait to be healed. All the while my healer runs out of mana.

We lose very very slowly to this type of fight, but it happens eventually. I even stack necrotic strikes on the rogue, (got it up to 8 stacks at one point) but then the rogue just vanishes and waits till the stacks are off to get healed.

I really enjoy 2v2 but this seems like it will only get worse as people get more resilience. If anyone has any good ideas I would very thankful.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My teams found that in 2v2 going for healers are pointless.
    Instead of trying to permanently stop any healing sources on the rogue by killing the Healer, CC.
    Your a DK with a Resto Druid. You have an arsenal of Healing stoppage.
    Set focus the healer, Target the rogue, have Macro's for Silence and your Mind freeze to hit your Set focus.
    Simply silence, Burn the rogue down a bit, mind freeze on cast..if its a druid replace it with your druid keeping the 10.5 sec of CC from cyclone up, 6sec first, 3sec next, 1.5 for the final cyclone. Surely you can kill a Rogue within the time you silenced to the time the Last cyclone is used.

If your druids having problems cycloning because of range or LoS, simply adjust your position and force the healer to get into range or LoS. Get druid to place hots up, pop your defensive cd's and burn as usual while the Druid keeps on CC and tries to force a trinket, so druid can then follow up with a 5 sec stun from bash in bear form.

Quote Originally Posted by Aserium View Post
    My teams found that in 2v2 going for healers are pointless.
    Instead of trying to permanently stop any healing sources on the rogue by killing the Healer, CC.
    Your a DK with a Resto Druid. You have an arsenal of Healing stoppage.
    Set focus the healer, Target the rogue, have Macro's for Silence and your Mind freeze to hit your Set focus.
    Simply silence, Burn the rogue down a bit, mind freeze on cast..if its a druid replace it with your druid keeping the 10.5 sec of CC from cyclone up, 6sec first, 3sec next, 1.5 for the final cyclone. Surely you can kill a Rogue within the time you silenced to the time the Last cyclone is used.

If your druids having problems cycloning because of range or LoS, simply adjust your position and force the healer to get into range or LoS. Get druid to place hots up, pop your defensive cd's and burn as usual while the Druid keeps on CC and tries to force a trinket, so druid can then follow up with a 5 sec stun from bash in bear form.
    I agree with this response, having a resto Druid, I'm surprised this is the only comp giving your having trouble with. Having the rogues healer cc'd through most of the match. Faire fire is pretty awesome to keep rogues from unneeded re stealthilng. Worst case scenario get a paladin]><[

Getting a paladin isn't an option. I'm doing PvP with a good friend and we work very well together. The problem isn't CCing the healer. We can pull that off without a problem. The problem comes in when the healer is CCed and the rogue is about to die and does a gouge/disarm/stun to me then cloak+vanish while waiting for his healer to come out of CC. Cloak removes faerie fire.

In thinking about this some more, maybe I can save my ghoul stun for the rogue when he gets low. I could see me hitting the stun and him getting away with 1k life though or him using cloak + vanish at 30k instead of 20k.

Maybe we could fight near the crystals and I could have my partner pick up a crystal and moonfire him.

P.S.
    I wouldn't say this is the only comp that is giving us a hard time, but for the most part yeah... we have a pretty good chance vs any comp. Except rogue/feral. Way too much control and damage there.
    Last edited by Xajin; 2010-12-22 at 04:01 PM.

DK complaining about a Rogue? Shouldn't it be the other way? :P
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    DK complaining about a Rogue? Shouldn't it be the other way? :P
    In a 1v1 situation you would be correct, but we are talking about 2v2. A rogue has better peels and control which keep me from the healer. I pretty much have it in my head I'm going to have to kill the rogue and CC the healer, which is what I was wanting to discuss.

Deleted
    Depends on the rogue dood. If he is specced Asassination, let your druid whirl him once, get on distance, and spam icechains on him.. and then let your drood put him into the whirl again. (or root) Assn's have 0 chance to keep up if you Slow him properly..

With sub rogues.. do the same, when they are coming out of stealth, or they activate shadowdance. while doing so, they ignore 50% Armor for 10 sec, but else, you can just laugh at him.

edith: Oh and of course, if he throws smokebomb at you, just run to your druid, dont stay in there!

to be honest, the only Comps i like to fight are those where DKs are involved, who dont just CC me and lock my healer down with Silence/Absorb/Petstun etc.

Deleted
    I gotta say i find it amazing you not being able to best rogue comps. I play rogue (s-priest/rogue 2v2) (r-druid/destro lock/ rogue 3v3) Assasination.
    And Dk setups are the ones we loose the msot on. They are simply freaking meatshields with so many slows, dots and dmg. I just cannot understand your issue

No offense, but if you're having problems with Rogue+anything in 2's right now as a DK you're doing it wrong. My guess is your Druid needs to make much better use of cyclone, and you need to make better use of your superior survivability, mobility, damage, and control.
    Last edited by Zulwarri; 2010-12-23 at 02:12 AM.

DK paladin is an unstoppable force. Do not try to deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiraislonggone View Post
    DK paladin is an unstoppable force. Do not try to deny it.
    Anything with a Holy Paladin is pretty much an unstoppable force =/ Unless you get lucky and somehow DO manage to CC the pally long enough to down his DPS. Then it's just a 25 minute fight trying to 2 man a Holy Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulwarri View Post
    No offense, but if you're having problems with Rogue+anything in 2's right now as a DK you're doing it wrong.
    You know, that is what I was thinking too. That is why I'm posting about it.

I can survive a LONG time with a rogue hitting me. Even after my druid runs oom, I can keep myself healed. The last match we played was rogue shaman team in nagrand arena. If I got away from the rogue the shaman would poll dance and root me. The rogue catches me again and then there is no way to kill the shaman. Getting the kill is the problem.

Focus the shaman = too snared to stay on target.
    Focus the rogue = rogue /lol vanish + cloak when he gets low. Shaman keep LoS for the most part, kills my pet, and drinks.

So better pet management, use crystals, have my partner chain CC for a kill.