Page 1 of 2
LastLast

confused mut rogue

I'm still trying to figure out this whole reforge thing, ive reforged a few items form crit to hit rather blindly but im unsure if i did the right thing. i read EJ forums but im still confused on teh reforeging the gemming the rotation everything, if someone coudl help me out with the gear i need and what to reforge it to that would be great, rogues name is lunchsack on korgath i cant post links yet

reforge mastery as much as you can, assassination is super reliant on poison dmg

I'm not sure what you are confused about, if you read EJ forums then you know what your strongest stats are. Agi>Special hit>Spell hit>Mastery>Haste>Expertise>Crit>White Hit. When knowing the ep values you can then workout for yourself how to gem, if gemming for socket bonuses are worth it etc. Reforging your weakest stat into the strongest possible stat is pretty straight forward. As far as rotation goes it's explained in detail in various threads on EJ and specifically in the guide for assassination. There is also a thread on EJ with a spreadsheet that has all of the relevant pre raiding gear, making it very easy to find what instances you should be doing and what gear you will need.

Quote Originally Posted by iskall View Post
    There is also a thread on EJ with a spreadsheet that has all of the relevant pre raiding gear, making it very easy to find what instances you should be doing and what gear you will need.
    Can you post said link please, very helpful and saves time. I could easily do it but it's there so let's use it.

Currently our Stat Weight is build around Agility being the pwn stat of all times at 2.6, Slightly followed by Yellow Hit-cap at 481 Hit, which you should have, that gives 1.75, Afterwards comes spellhit on 1.4 and Mastery 1.3 and then Haste 1.2

Spell-hit cap is the most effective to have topped off, but it require a lot of hit, 1332 counting that you have precision on 2/3. At our current Gear iLvl we ain't capable of getting that high hit-rating, so for the time, i would recommend Poisons on the first, as that's your main damaging ability, along with your AoE aswell. Once we outgear in a few later patches, then getting the last few hits may be an DPS increase, but as it current is, go for mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the EP Value's
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t110134-.../#Stat_Weights

Everything:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t110134-...on_guide_cata/

In this thread you will find all you need to know, Spec, Rotation, Gemming even how much Hit and Expertise you Need, And last but not least what race is the best
    Last edited by Fenii; 2010-12-21 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    Currently our Stat Weight is build around Agility being the pwn stat of all times at 2.6, Slightly followed by Yellow Hit-cap at 481 Hit, which you should have, that gives 1.75, Afterwards comes spellhit on 1.4 and Mastery 1.3 and then Haste 1.2

Spell-hit cap is the most effective to have topped off, but it require a lot of hit, 1332 counting that you have precision on 2/3. At our current Gear iLvl we ain't capable of getting that high hit-rating, so for the time, i would recommend Poisons on the first, as that's your main damaging ability, along with your AoE aswell. Once we outgear in a few later patches, then getting the last few hits may be an DPS increase, but as it current is, go for mastery.
    What are you talking about we aren't able to hit the cap??? I have it easily without gemming hit. I have two purple agi hit gems just for socket bonus for agility but other then that all my gems are agility. Hit cap is easily attainable. Im actually dropping the two purples because i am 30 hit over and pure agi gems give more agi then socket bonus.

Character is Bumblebeez on Dark Iron

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are getting the Hit cap without the Epic hit trinket from Points, i would like to see your armory profile good sir.

I dont think it's possible to get the 1332 Hit cap Without that trinket, Without sacrificing some other stat that is at least it would be really hard o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Gleðikona View Post
    If you are getting the Hit cap without the Epic hit trinket from Points, i would like to see your armory profile good sir.

I dont think it's possible to get the 1332 Hit cap Without that trinket, Without sacrificing some other stat that is at least it would be really hard o_o
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blebeez/simple if im doing something wrong please inform me. I would love to up my deepz

my armory appears not to be uptodate. I am doing a wowhead profilier right now to show my shtufff.
    Last edited by Oinkz; 2010-12-21 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im Impressed o_o

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B0ja/simple Here's mine, Im just waiting for my trinket to be able to get the cap o_o

isn't the cap 1127? Of which I easily hit.

Senyo of Skullcrusher.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 02:35 PM ----------

1127 with 3/3 Precision

to be spellhit cap is piss easy without the epic trinket , exp. is not THAT important atm , Spellhit>Mastery>haste is the way to go atm.

Quote Originally Posted by SenyoPanda View Post
    isn't the cap 1127? Of which I easily hit.

Senyo of Skullcrusher.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 02:35 PM ----------

1127 with 3/3 Precision
    the third point in precision is a dps loss compared to a third point in opportunity. but it is still pretty darn easy to cap spell hit with 2/3 precision

Deleted
    Indeed with the hit cap. it's damn easy with reforging. Just dumb stats that's low on the priority. Crit and haste. I reforged crit to hit. and haste to mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Oinkz View Post
    What are you talking about we aren't able to hit the cap??? I have it easily without gemming hit. I have two purple agi hit gems just for socket bonus for agility but other then that all my gems are agility. Hit cap is easily attainable. Im actually dropping the two purples because i am 30 hit over and pure agi gems give more agi then socket bonus.

Character is Bumblebeez on Dark Iron
    I have to agree with this. I actually reforged my Key to the Endless Chamber OUT of hit rating yesterday (it's been a juggle with fast replacing gear). I was closing in on 1600 hit. I have a couple gems with hit (due to high agi bonuses) and a pyrium weapon chain on my offhand (starter PVP weapon), and had the 50 hit to bracer enchant which I swapped, and also changed my glove enchant to haste.

(cannot link; character is Katsu on the Arygos server.)

Deleted
    Where did you get the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by hymndrazill View Post
    Where did you get the belt?
    If you are talking to me, it is the BOE belt leatherworkers can make. Just another perk of being a leatherworker and im like one of 4 max level'd ones on my server so can you say lawl gold

More or less as Assassination avoid crit as much as you plausibly can.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vultair/simple

That's my profile to use as a reference point, basically after you get to the spell hit cap you're going after mastery/haste. Reforge all crit into mastery. Expertise is not weighted highly but I'd say get at least half way to the cap for that to avoid major rotation issues

With that exact set up I maxed out at 25.2k dps on Halfus Wymbreaker during Lust w/o Tolvir Agi potion

Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    More or less as Assassination avoid crit as much as you plausibly can.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vultair/simple

That's my profile to use as a reference point, basically after you get to the spell hit cap you're going after mastery/haste. Reforge all crit into mastery. Expertise is not weighted highly but I'd say get at least half way to the cap for that to avoid major rotation issues

With that exact set up I maxed out at 25.2k dps on Halfus Wymbreaker during Lust w/o Tolvir Agi potion
    calculators show all expertise as a dps loss even if you are 0/0. and what were you doing on halfus fight? were you on kick duty or drake slaying? if you were kicking your dps is going to be higher because you get increased damage sooner then everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do it like this:

Hit to spellcap>mastery>haste>crit

Reforge any access crit to hit if you need it. If you are already at the spellcap, reforge to mastery. If an item has haste and crit, reforge the crit to mastery. If an item has mastery and crit, reforge the crit to haste. Etc etc..

And you will probebly come down to reforging 80-90% of your gear.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2010-12-22 at 01:58 AM.