So don't talk bad about Blizzard or you will get banned.

So I posted a thread qquing about blizzard's general lack of concern when it comes to customers support, and ended up getting banned lol. Apparently saying you hope something happens to someone is the exact same thing as saying that you are going to do someting to someone. Never knew that, someone should probably call the court system and let them know. We'll have every man, woman, and child locked up quick as can be.

Seriously though, people are way to effing sensitive these days. Especially the silly little bot they have looking out for big bad hope-things-happen-to-bad-people types out there. I couldn't believe it lol, never threatened or flamed anyone and still got banned. Well this is just a nice little mid finger to that bot. You can get gestapo all you want, but on the interwebs, anonyminity is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Starskeeee View Post
    So I posted a thread qquing...
    Didn't need to read any more to know the reason why you were banned.

Now see, that is flaming. But I can almost guarantee you won't get a stupid little message from scrapbot about it.

It wasn't a bot, it was a person. And "hoping" something bad happens to someone is considered a thinly veiled threat. Your ban was justified according to their forum policy.

Deleted
    Well Blizzard's been known for their bad customer support for years. The whole "can't take criticism well so we ban people" style bugs me as well. I guess it's easier/cheaper for them to ban people criticizing their ways than it is to change their support.

Deleted
    saying you hope something happens to someone...
    is generally taken very seriously, as a threat or general grievance to a person, which is ban-able. Sorry mate, but it seems like you went the wrong way when trying to get your point across.

You kind of dug your own grave from the start of your forum post. I mean, don't bite the hand that feeds you, it wasn't obvious what would happen?

Jesus , no matter what some one posts the first ones to reply are people who bash and mock them , sad
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

Now see, that is flaming. But I can almost guarantee you won't get a stupid little message from scrapbot about it.
    Now, could you please point out to me which aspect of my post was at all inflammatory?
    I'm not seeing it.

@Cablecow: It wasn't bashing. It was mocking, indeed, but I think in this situation it's justified, as I was giving a much easier reason as to why he was banned using his own words. It makes perfectly justifiable sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    Jesus , no matter what some one posts the first ones to reply are people who bash and mock them , sad
    And the later ones to reply are the people who bash and mock the people who first replied? I do so love the taste of hypocrisy in the morning.

@ OP : If you post on official forums, you do so in a mature manner or expect moderators to get upset with you. Whining about it here isn't going to do much to change the situation other than maybe allow you to form alliances with a couple of trolls and get you mocked by many, many people.

I disagree with most people saying that Blizzard's customer support is bad. No, it is not bad at all. Of course, it might not be that great, but it is far better than most others you might find. It is good, especially when you consider the demand they have. It is one thing that is good about Blizzard, they usually care a lot more than most other companies which do not get anywhere near the same amount of customers. Think about it and compare things for a while and you will see.

I have complained about several things there in the past. Things can be improved and when you see something you might think it is bad or wrong, you should really go and talk about it with them. However, watch your tone. Nobody cares if you are right or wrong if you are shouting, being completely impolite, rude and ill-mannered. Those things will - and they should! - get you banned.

If you get mad at them and snap, that is your problem. Deal with it, control yourself first and then you go and post about what makes you unhappy. It is not so easy to find anybody who would ban you if you addressed your issues with proper respect and clarity. If you want something to be improved, you talk about it. Talk. Not yell.