Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stood in the fire acheive

As we all know, you get this by being in the lucky zone that Deathwing decides to destroy entirely. My question is, once Deathwing becomes a raid boss, won't everyone wiping on him instantly get this acheivement?

The achievement trigger is based on the effect of him flying over doing what he does.

When he becomes a raid boss the achievement will shift into a feat of strength. And by definition, a feat of strength is an achievement that's no longer obtainable. So no, when we raid DW we will not get the achievement. However, we have up until his raid patch to get it (assuming you want it), so just keep doing what you do, and eventually you're bound to run into him.

He's been seen in Uldum frequently on my realm, but I'm sure it's completely random.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    When he becomes a raid boss the achievement will shift into a feat of strength. And by definition, a feat of strength is an achievement that's no longer obtainable. So no, when we raid DW we will not get the achievement. However, we have up until his raid patch to get it (assuming you want it), so just keep doing what you do, and eventually you're bound to run into him.

He's been seen in Uldum frequently on my realm, but I'm sure it's completely random.
    that is not the definition of a feat of strength.

It's been reported that Uldum, TH and Southern Barrens are the most frequent areas, at least by my guildies.
    I don't think he is restricted to just the new zones, but maybe he's more likely to show up there or other zones that are highly affected.

When he becomes a raid boss the achievement will shift into a feat of strength.
    So no, when we raid DW we will not get the achievement. However, we have up until his raid patch to get it (assuming you want it).
    While the above may be true, unless you’re a Blizz developer, you do not know. So going around spouting it out as truth is just wrong.

And by definition, a feat of strength is an achievement that's no longer obtainable.
    My Pally Charger, TF, Swift White Hawkstrider, Val'anyr and Deathcharger Feats respectfully disagree.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

@Firecrest: Blizz did say that until he is stopped (his raid) he will continue to go around and wreak havoc with his fire over Azaroth.

I stilll havnt found him yet but yeah it seems hes been seen frequently around Uldum.

I saw him 3 times while leveling 2 characters through uldum, he seems to prefer that zone.

yea saw him there too a few times while farming

10+ Year Old Account
    I stood in the fire on my alt, kinda sad I didn't get it on my main :\

got mine in tanaris

Deleted
    If a guild mate gets the achievement... is there still enough time to hurry to the zone to get it too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see him at least 3 times a week, usually in Uldum, or Twilight Highlands.

I usually say it in guild when it happens, the people waiting around in Orgrimmar can usually use one of the portals to get to the zone to find some fire to stand in. When they changed the achievement so you can get it by standing in it after he leaves the zone made it a lot easier to get.

Deleted
    I've never seen him

Deleted
    Never saw him too.. .... wait... login screen! Does it count?

Deleted
    I've been cooked several times in Twilight Highlands, but have seen him in the Barrens and Stonetalon. I got it on several alts before my main however, which sucked badly.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was hit a couple times questing in Twilight Highlands as well.

Deleted
    And by definition, a feat of strength is an achievement that's no longer obtainable. So no, when we raid DW we will not get the achievement.
    Feats of Strength tab on WoW tells us this:
    Feats of Strength are accomplishments that players will find very difficult if not impossible to earn. Worth no points, Feats of Strength are a collection of past glories on Azeroth.