Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Bah, just a tought. Timo is a typical finnish name, so I made my assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Origano View Post
    Bah, with all respect, but the Husky-breed isn't really the couch-warmer type. And definitely not for people with only one dog because they are very pack-dependant (breed closer to the wolves, cba to look up the excat term, but that's why). To add it up the pulling is written to their genes as well as hours of acitivities and puzzles needed per day, and a husky without those needs fulfilled is indeed a very sad husky.

I don't of course know about your live's situation so I don't judge you in any way, but especially in USA it's a common practice to get a husky because they are so cute (and those lovely blue eyes......), not because you meet the needs of the breed. Also loads of problems arise when many of the "kennels" are rather shady kennels (or often the horrible "puppy factories") who give 'em to the new owners before the puppies reach at least the age of seven weeks.

Sure the lines in USA have proapbly descented to the more couch-potato style (and breeding the lines ownards to get certain looks and colors & for the shows, which is so terrible that I'm left speechles), but they still hold the genes of their ancestors. For the good of all the little huskies out there it would be the best to not to get 'em if you cannot meet their requirements.

If you have a chance just try to get to see some sleddog huskies at the work! They love that stuff, running, pulling! It's an amazing sight, and every husky should get to fullfill those needs in a some form or another.

Again, please don't take this personally. I'm just completely horrified by the husky-keeping cultures in certain places like Spain (IT'S AN ARCTIC DAMMIT WITH THICK, ARCTIC FUR!) and USA.

Alright so I saw this and just had to reply to you.

What one person chooses as a pet isn't your decision but since I have a husky I will explain out her living situation and then you will or won't judge.

I have two acres of land in the country, it is fully fenced in and currently under works of being totally redone. Front will be an 8 foot wire fence with a dig guard at bottom, back will be an 8 foot privacy fence, wood with dig guard. My husky is one of the three dogs I have in the house. She is more then content with playing with them, she enjoys laying down and relaxing. She is completely mellow and she might be rare in that form but she enjoys being inside more then she does out. Not because of the heat cuz right now it's flippin freezing. She just enjoys the company of the other two dogs who do not enjoy the cold.

I understand that they are work dogs and supposed to be full of energy. But as stated my Allura is VERY calm and mellow tho she does have bursts and fits of energy in which I help relieve by taking her out and throwing a ball or Frisbee.

Ugh, sorry for the rant, but that irked the hell outta me since I own one of these beautiful pets. I'm very protective of my baby. Guess it comes with being her owner =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyiya View Post
    Alright so I saw this and just had to reply to you.

What one person chooses as a pet isn't your decision but since I have a husky I will explain out her living situation and then you will or won't judge.

I have two acres of land in the country, it is fully fenced in and currently under works of being totally redone. Front will be an 8 foot wire fence with a dig guard at bottom, back will be an 8 foot privacy fence, wood with dig guard. My husky is one of the three dogs I have in the house. She is more then content with playing with them, she enjoys laying down and relaxing. She is completely mellow and she might be rare in that form but she enjoys being inside more then she does out. Not because of the heat cuz right now it's flippin freezing. She just enjoys the company of the other two dogs who do not enjoy the cold.

I understand that they are work dogs and supposed to be full of energy. But as stated my Allura is VERY calm and mellow tho she does have bursts and fits of energy in which I help relieve by taking her out and throwing a ball or Frisbee.

Ugh, sorry for the rant, but that irked the hell outta me since I own one of these beautiful pets. I'm very protective of my baby. Guess it comes with being her owner =)
    I should have taken a more neutral approach towards the subject and stated more clearly that in no way was my intent to talk directly about you, since I don't know anything about your life situation. (expect now, if you were honest.)

The thing is that the husky-keeping culture is rather bad and really fits the descriptions and notes I made. My point was to point that out, since it's hard to endure the fact loads of huskies (and some other breeds too) are being taken because they look great, or in huskies' case their deep blue eyes. Taken as toys for children and then ended when they grow up and cause "problems" because of how badly they are kept. Uh!

And you seem to have the things right anyway. A pack, loads of land and such. I admire you, would love to be in the same situation house-wise right now. Maybe in the future then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Origano View Post
    I should have taken a more neutral approach towards the subject and stated more clearly that in no way was my intent to talk directly about you, since I don't know anything about your life situation. (expect now, if you were honest.)

The thing is that the husky-keeping culture is rather bad and really fits the descriptions and notes I made. My point was to point that out, since it's hard to endure the fact loads of huskies (and some other breeds too) are being taken because they look great, or in huskies' case their deep blue eyes. Taken as toys for children and then ended when they grow up and cause "problems" because of how badly they are kept. Uh!

And you seem to have the things right anyway. A pack, loads of land and such. I admire you, would love to be in the same situation house-wise right now. Maybe in the future then.
    Completely honest, no reason not to be. Hell once spring rolls around I will be in a more picturesk mood outside, just right now freezing fingers and camera button don't mix. And I agree, a lot of people get dogs because they are pretty. I think I'm one of the only insane people I know that took time to do months of research before searching out a breeder. I honestly was drawn between a snow white Labrador and a Husky. I chose the husky because yes while being more beautiful I don't think I could handle the size of the Lab and my mother might of murdered me >_>;

And for those who are spending more times with their vacuums then their loved one (pet hair ftw >_>; I HIGHLY recommend fish oil capsules in some peanut butter or plain yogurt (surprisingly healthy for your dogs digestive system ^_^ so says the vet hehe) and it will help reduce shedding which is incredibly awesome =) Actually learned this a couple months ago so figured I would share it since sooo many people have cute adorable doggies ^.^!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread is pretty old (over a week) but I wanted to post a few more pictures of my dog since apparently there were some hates in the building who were, of course, hatin'.

Dylan hanging out with a friend.

And one of my favourites (linked because it's so big): The vicious pit bull ruthlessly attacks...............

with kisses.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20...o/DSC00370.jpg

I had a pet rock, but he ran away from home two weeks ago. Answers to the name of Rocky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Is it weird that the first thing I noticed was the unsolved rubik's cube? :S

also

What pets does WoW-gamers have in real life(AFK)?

Myself have a Welsh Corgie(Dog)
    And a girlfriend, if they count? That would be up to you!

i have a normal house cat, and a labrodor to chase it.

so noone gets bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cat that looks like a miniature cow. Nothing beats cats.

Genious idea, i must say!

Two German Shepherds, three cats and waiting on a new Bulldog puppy in a couple months:-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden Retriever

A normal, grey cat. No specific race, but very cuddly...

Deleted
    rottweiler

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Two cute cats, well at least when one of them doesn't chew of any cables.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

10+ Year Old Account
    1 German Shepherd 1 cleaning lady

A Chihuahua.

I consider myself very fortunate to have one of the mellow/quiet ones.