Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
40
41
49
... LastLast
  1. #761
    Scarab Lord Naxere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    4,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Made a video of my baby snail.
    Great song.

  2. #762
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    The fuuuuck. Your Mitsy looks exactly the same as my 11month old Oscar.

    http://i.imgur.com/e3y5gwq.jpg

    Does it also do this?

    http://imgur.com/dYz23Lp

    She's doing it right at this moment. also over the weekend she has found my fiancee's handbag really comfortable .

  3. #763
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Does it also do this?

    http://imgur.com/dYz23Lp
    That cactus is SO beautiful. The cat too... Do you know the name of that cactus?
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  4. #764
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    13,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That cactus is SO beautiful. The cat too... Do you know the name of that cactus?
    Not what I expected when I saw new post in this thread!

    Ummm no I don't, my mum's had it since before I was born and I turn 20 in December. I believe it's all 1 cactus rather than lots of smaller ones but my mum has taken cuttings of it and planted them in other pots dotted around the house and they've grown very well so I don't know exactly if it's all 1 plant still connected or a series of... well, detached limbs.

    The closest I could give you for a name for it would be Hydra which I called it when I was little after watching Hercules on Disney...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

  5. #765
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    295

    These are my two turtles. The top one is always being some sort of dick towards the other. Quite amusing some times :')

  6. #766
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Not what I expected when I saw new post in this thread!
    I know, so sorry but I juts had to ask, it's really beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Ummm no I don't, my mum's had it since before I was born and I turn 20 in December. I believe it's all 1 cactus rather than lots of smaller ones but my mum has taken cuttings of it and planted them in other pots dotted around the house and they've grown very well so I don't know exactly if it's all 1 plant still connected or a series of... well, detached limbs.
    It's probably just one that grow into other pieces for sure.

    Thanks anyway!
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  7. #767
    Fluffy Kitten Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    50,223
    Both of my Shiba Inus are being very very lazy:


  8. #768
    Merely a Setback Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Winter is here.
    Posts
    29,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Both of my Shiba Inus are being very very lazy:
    Omg, they are so cute. I have a Shiba Inu/Korean Jindu mix. They are great dogs

  9. #769
    Queen of Cake Splenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your coffee.
    Posts
    9,493
    Shibas are awesome!
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

  10. #770
    I bought new friends for my Achatina fulica (giant African land snail).
    The same species but my old snail is standard color (brown), new ones are 3 x white jade (albino flesh and brown shell) 1 x jadatzi f. construct (pure albino).





    Lucky to be European, I heard they're illegal to keep as pets in USA because of their ability to adapt. In my country Estonia we have -20 degrees Celsius at winter sometimes, most of the time around -10 though. They wouldn't survive that.

  11. #771
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    I had no idea people kept snails as pets. How long do they generally live?
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  12. #772
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I had no idea people kept snails as pets. How long do they generally live?
    5 years or so.
    They might be illegal in your country too, not sure but maybe that's why they're not popular there. They're really popular in UK though, about 90% of all snailkeepers I see online are from UK (yeah yeah, I visit special forums and joined a snail group in FB).

    EDIT: all my snails together. The "big one" is still not even at half of its adult shell size. He's about 4 months old.

    Last edited by Dianatrix; 2013-09-28 at 12:39 AM.

  13. #773
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    5 years? That seems a lot for a snail. And I have no idea if it's illegal here on Portugal or not. Though I do know we eat them for sure... Well, I don't. It's ew. o.o

    The big one looks cool.

    Edit: Went on google and there are snails of the size of a person's hand. Can the ones you have grow that big or?
    Last edited by Majad; 2013-09-28 at 02:23 AM.
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  14. #774
    Awesome snails! I personally think they're...well...kind of gross and if one was on me i would probably die ohgod, but it's cool to see something that's not very common!

  15. #775
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Edit: Went on google and there are snails of the size of a person's hand. Can the ones you have grow that big or?
    Yeah, my snails are not of the world's biggest species though, but they're the most common giant land snails and most of the photos on Google are of the same species.
    Here's a photo of my "big" snail's mother:



    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Awesome snails! I personally think they're...well...kind of gross and if one was on me i would probably die ohgod, but it's cool to see something that's not very common!
    Haha yeah, my boyfriend kind of hates them too, well, he cares about their well-being but he still hates them, it's some kind of weird love-hate relationship. I think he just knows that my snails make me happy and don't want anything to happen with them because of that.
    And well yeah... they're uncommon, maybe that's why some people dislike them. It's in human nature to dislike everything uncommon or different. I was a nature's child though, had to pet every snail and bug and stray animal around my house so I'm seeing them as cute. :3

  16. #776
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Yeah, my snails are not of the world's biggest species though, but they're the most common giant land snails and most of the photos on Google are of the same species.
    Here's a photo of my "big" snail's mother:

    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KBM1eJQ.jpg/IMG]
    Damn. That's huge.
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  17. #777
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Damn. That's huge.
    That's what she said...

    Yeah, that snail has 14cm long shell now as I've lately heard from her owner.

  18. #778

  19. #779
    Field Marshal Sarnandhun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Etsy.com/Shop/Sarnandhun
    Posts
    62
    My babies Luthien (background, trying to look innocent) and Pippin (trying to look regal).


    Luthien fell asleep with Fauntleroy.
    "The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now."

  20. #780
    The Lightbringer Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    3,789
    Someone smacked my poor little kitty with a derpstick


    Here she is looking a bit less derptastic
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •