Thread: Rogue UI's

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rogue UI's

Why and how do people move their Default Blizzard UF's around on their screen (like woundman and many others) instead of just using a non-default UI?
    What things would you consider essential in a rogue UI?

Deleted
    Some people just like the way that it looks, or maybe they dont want to get too many addons? But when it comes down to it, its only personal preference...

Essentials in my oppion - some sort of threat meter, a way to see your buffs timer and enemys debuffs timer near the center of the screen (so you dont need to look to far away)

Really thats all you really need imo, the rest is just to change what ever else to how you want it
    Last edited by mmoc27a639a6c8; 2010-12-23 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Addon MoveAnything enables you to move anything that you want including the default UF's. Imo they are fully functional and simple, why bother to change them when you can just move them to a "better" location (that meets your eye better than the top left corner of the screen etc.).

Get TukUI and forget about all the other crap.

What's TukUI's Nameplates addon? I'm pretty happy with my UI right now (aside from nameplates); I was just checking here to see if I forgot anything important.

Deleted
    Woundman moves his default unit frames for better overview of whats going on using a ingame slash command (he posts a link to "how to" guide in some of his movies). The reason is because during LAN tournaments he plays its not allowed to use any addons.

Deleted
    i just like the standard blizz frames. And im a bit lazy to make a whole UI myself. its easy to have the frames closer to your skillbar, easier to look upon things.
    you can move it all arround with macros. easiest is with the addon "moveanything" tho.

The standard Blizz UI has information too spread out over the screen. Your and your targets health and your energy is at the top left, buffs and debuffs are at the top right, abilities and their cooldowns at the bottom and your character in the middle. In an intense raid boss battle you will have to keep moving your eyes all over the screen, and thus taking focus off your characters positioning.

A good custom UI moves all these elements closer to your character and puts the most important buffs, such as slice and dice, in nice timers. This will allow you to more easiliy see all the important information while still watching your character to move out of fire, etc.
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2010-12-23 at 01:02 PM.

So this is what I came up with: http://img33.imageshack.us/i/wowscrn...310122744.jpg/

Thoughts?

(focus frames are in the middle as are all the cast bars)

Deleted
    thats a nice UI, clean simple and a good overview.

im still using the standard. i like the standard frames the most of all

http://img526.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...310020541.jpg/

http://img109.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...310021439.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by Mostowizard View Post
    So this is what I came up with: http://img33.imageshack.us/i/wowscrn...310122744.jpg/

Thoughts?

(focus frames are in the middle as are all the cast bars)
    Care to list off some of the addons you use? It seems like a pretty good UI, just not real familiar with being able to name the mods at a glance.

Sure:

Unit frames: Pitbull
    Bars: Bartender 4
    Cast: azCastbars
    Font: Fonter w/ custom imported fonts
    Artwork: Kgpanels
    Broker: Fortress w/ various plugins
    Battletext: MSBT
    Buffs/debuffs: HIGHLY configured Satrina's Buff Frames
    Tracker/tooltips modifier: Moveanything
    Chat: Chatter
    Minimap: Basicminimap

I think thats pretty much it

Fonter w/ Custom Font
    Pitbull
    Bartender 4
    Kgpanels
    Fortress
    azCastBar
    MSBT
    Satrina's Buff Frames (Highly configured)
    Basicminimap

there are others im probably forgetting, but those are the major ones.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Default Ui is the best :P i have some arena addons like gladius but default frames are really good. Its so clean and simple, = perfect.

I like to have the least amount of addons. I don't like the extra "help". I do just fine on my own. Also, everything is clean and simple
    The only thing i seem to have a problem with is.... I like the default blizz Unit Frames, but it doesn't let you have the Hp in % and resource ( energy, mana etc)
    at the normal number its at. I play mut, so we have 120 energy. Id like to use the default UF with a % for hp and see 120 energy, not 100 energy. I only really need the hp at a % so that i can see when something is under 30% to start hacking away at it with backstab. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by zaf View Post
    I like to have the least amount of addons. I don't like the extra "help". I do just fine on my own. Also, everything is clean and simple
    The only thing i seem to have a problem with is.... I like the default blizz Unit Frames, but it doesn't let you have the Hp in % and resource ( energy, mana etc)
    at the normal number its at. I play mut, so we have 120 energy. Id like to use the default UF with a % for hp and see 120 energy, not 100 energy. I only really need the hp at a % so that i can see when something is under 30% to start hacking away at it with backstab. Any ideas?
    If its possible (which I BET it is), a good solution would be to configure a secondary addon (power auras comes to mind) to give you some sort of notification when the target hits 30%. It can be as small and simple or as big and intrusive as you like. Personally, I might put a highlight around the unit frame, or a small symbol underneath the 5th combo point slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostowizard View Post
    If its possible (which I BET it is), a good solution would be to configure a secondary addon (power auras comes to mind) to give you some sort of notification when the target hits 30%. It can be as small and simple or as big and intrusive as you like. Personally, I might put a highlight around the unit frame, or a small symbol underneath the 5th combo point slot.
    This is actually a great idea. Thanks a lot! I'll look into power auras tonight.
    What would be ideal for me, is an addon with the least amount of memory needed to do this. Something as small as an exclamation mark next to the fifth combo point like you said.

I currently use shadowed unit frames. I want to trim down on the amount of addons I use ( Not that I use a lot). There is nothing this addon does for me that The default blizz unit frames won't be able to do. All I will need to do is grab the addon MoveAnything to move the default frames to my liking.

mostowizard is genius. tyty again
    Advance and Vanquish

Quote Originally Posted by zaf View Post
    This is actually a great idea. Thanks a lot! I'll look into power auras tonight.
    What would be ideal for me, is an addon with the least amount of memory needed to do this. Something as small as an exclamation mark next to the fifth combo point like you said.

I currently use shadowed unit frames. I want to trim down on the amount of addons I use ( Not that I use a lot). There is nothing this addon does for me that The default blizz unit frames won't be able to do. All I will need to do is grab the addon MoveAnything to move the default frames to my liking.

mostowizard is genius. tyty again
    Thanks for the Signature

Deleted
    I use.

RoguePowerBars - to keep track of deadly poison, slice and dice and whatever else.
    combos - small combo bar overhead.
    (Both can be found on wowinterface)

Personally I don't think you need anything else and the blizzard raid frames are good enough.