Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Entry level questions, help!

Ok, first I did raid Pre-BC, BC and Wrath. I only raided hardcore Pre-BC, the expansions I kind of dipped off and messed around a bit, but now I'm planning to raid with my guild (Newly formed, started with friends). We currently don't have the numbers but I wanted to get an idea of what I should be looking for, aside from competence.

My plan is to run 10m raids, maybe two if the guild expanded enough and the demand ended up being there. Now what I'm wondering is what is the best setup for this, two tanks, three healers and five dps, or more/less heals? I've looked around a bit and seen a variety of answers so I figured I'd ask and get some proper help.

Also, what is the entry level raid this expansion? Throne of the Four Winds or Blackwing Descent? Is full heroic gear a good start to be able to do something (not clear) in the new raids? If we're blowing through heroics is that a good indicator that we could do well?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    as for healers its always good to have 3 and 1 of those who puts out awome dps in off spec, sometimes 3 healers on bosses with enrage times is overkill, looking at guilds that have cleared content they got through most of it on normal mode in 340 ilevel but these guild ran the raids in beta 10 times +, as for running heroics it more about cc than a dps race or healing issue.

just get in there and see, have you done baradin hold as a guild yet, its easy and will let you see the boss dps of ppl, if thats a sucsess just go blackwing decent ;-)

Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent are two of the entry level raids. For a 10-man raid just starting out, doing the first two bosses in each of those raids would be good because they are fairly easy (Wyrmbreaker might take a little more time to down depending on your luck with the drakes).

The first encounter in Throne of the Four Winds is also relatively easy. It is simply a coordination fight, and not a huge "gear check" fight.

2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps is a decent set up. But it may help your raid adjust better if 1 of your healer has a good dps offspec (for fights like Maloriak in BWD where you are on a tight enrage timer). As for the gear you need, full heroic gear with proper gems, reforging, and enchants is plenty enough to tackle these first few raids.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, talked it over with my guild and we're going to give one or two of the raids a shot. I think one or two people are missing a heroic item or two, but we've been having no problems in heroics at all.