Thread: Metas

Metas

What meta do you think is better for holy priest?

54spirit+3%crit
    or
    54int+2%max mana

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard (haven't check in the last week or so) that Insightful Earthsiege will net you more mana back than either of those, so that's a possibility. Out of those two, though, I would take the 54int.

15+ Year Old Account
    Int and 2% is what I took. Both were a bit of a draw but the 2% mana is what sold me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orapronobis View Post
    I've heard (haven't check in the last week or so) that Insightful Earthsiege will net you more mana back than either of those, so that's a possibility. Out of those two, though, I would take the 54int.
    Danner's excellent regen spreadsheet (which has been unstickied, unfortunately, but is quite informative) shows that the Ember Shadowspirit Diamond (ESD, the +54 int and +2% mana) provides more "regen" aka percentage of total mana on fights somewhere between 2 and 3 minutes in length, at least for me. This probably makes it superior for all 5 man heroic content. The WotLK Insightful Earthsiege Diamond provides more regen after that point. The +Spi and +3% crit healing provides less regen at all time points than the ESD.

So, it depends what content is your focus - if you're exclusively running heroic 5 man, the ESD is probably better for you, if marginally. If you're getting into raids, then the IED provides better regen. The IED is also probably quite a bit cheaper, if that affects your decision for gemming gear.

I would say that you should go for 54 int/2% max mana, why?

Yes, while some states that IED provides a higher MP5 then ESD does, you got to take into account that 2% max mana also affects your Mana CD's such as Shadowfiend and Hymm of Hope as the mana regen on them is % based.

While Hymm of Hope isn't that relieable, it still provides more mana back with ESD, but it's also a personal prefference of me to use it, i used IED through WoTLK tho even if there we discussions on wether of them would be the best.

The difference isn't huge, but once again, i would advice to go for ESD.

Intellect > Spirit

Crit is horrible for holy priests at the moment, the ember shadowspirit diamond will give you more throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Devotions View Post
    Danner's excellent regen spreadsheet (which has been unstickied, unfortunately, but is quite informative) shows that the Ember Shadowspirit Diamond (ESD, the +54 int and +2% mana) provides more "regen" aka percentage of total mana on fights somewhere between 2 and 3 minutes in length, at least for me. This probably makes it superior for all 5 man heroic content. The WotLK Insightful Earthsiege Diamond provides more regen after that point. The +Spi and +3% crit healing provides less regen at all time points than the ESD.

So, it depends what content is your focus - if you're exclusively running heroic 5 man, the ESD is probably better for you, if marginally. If you're getting into raids, then the IED provides better regen. The IED is also probably quite a bit cheaper, if that affects your decision for gemming gear.
    The only thing i'd say is that 3% more throughput must equate to casting less heals at some stage, particular in the current environment where it's hard to overheal and any overhealing is usually bad. Early in heroics I literally had recount logs of doing 1.5 million healing with 5K overhealing. I'd be interested if any regen analysis took that into account, my guess is not but you'd have to make a lot of assumptions to derive a MP/5 value in any case.