Silvu's and HurrBurr's Guide to Quick Savage Leather Farming

Silvu’s and HurrBurr’s Guide to Quick Savage Leather Farming.

Hello and welcome.

Before I being I have to point out that this guide may not be viable for every class, but the majority should have little to none problems.

This method involves quick trips to The Lost City of Tol’vir so, as you will have to reset it often, you are restricted to few runs per hour. But fear not, even with those restrictions it is very profitable for the amount of work it requires.

Well then, let’s begin.
    I assume you are 85 and are able to skin 85 level beasts. If not , this method will not be too good

Firstly, you have to make your way to Uldum, either by flying or by taking a portal from Stormwind/Orgrimmar (you need to finish few quests in Uldum to be able to to that). Then get on your mount and fly to the entrance of The Lost City of the Tol’vir.

Get in and leave the building. Here try looking to your left and right. No doubt you will notice two packs of tigers on each side, guarded by an elite Oathsworn Tamer. Those tigers are our target but the elite himself will be of use.

Now, we can do it in two ways.

Target the elite Oathsworn Tamer and either send your pet at him or just charge in. The tigers themselves don’t hit too hard, less than 2k per hit on a naked target; the elite can pack a punch but it should be manageable since most of the classes these days have a self heal/shields/evasion.
    You might think that now is the time to spam AoE. While you can do that, it’s much more effective to focus on the elite and when he gains a buff called Feral Spirit Link.

While the 25% reduced damage taken part isn’t to our liking, the second part certainly is. In a nutshell, each of the tigers will take 100% of the damage you deal to the elite e.g if you hit the Tamer for 15k, every tiger will lose 15k hitpoints as well. Since the tigers have only about 75k hp they will die long before the Tamer.

Now you have a choice. You can either finish off the elite if you feel strong enough or simply drop aggro by using some skills/running out of the instance or you can simply Crow Control him. Loot the tigers (mostly gray vendor items and an occasional green) and do the dirty work of skinning them. Each tiger drops 2-4 Savage Leather giving you total 2-4 Stacks of Savage Leather per run (two packs).

If you feel you can’t handle the elite, try method #2

Target the elite Oathsworn Tamer, wait for him to be in line of sight and use your most reliable and the longest Crowd Control Ability.

The elite will just stand in the pen sleeping/stunned/being a critter while the tigers will come flocking to you.

Do what you have to do and slaughter them quickly, recasting the CC if it is needed. Then you can either keep the elite CC’ed and skin the tigers or run out of the instance to reset aggro on the Tamer.

No matter which way you picked the last step is the same. After killing and skinning the both packs of tigers run out of the instance and reset it. To do so, right click your character’s portrait frame and choose “Reset all instances”. When prompted, click yes.

Now all you have to do is repeat this cycle over and over until you reach the hourly limit.

I hope you enjoyed reading my guide and found it useful.
    Last edited by Silvu; 2010-12-24 at 03:12 PM.

I hate to be "that guy" and ask for a list of addons you use, but it looks so pretty - the custom skin pack thingy nice guide although in-completable by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Limikin View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" and ask for a list of addons you use, but it looks so pretty - the custom skin pack thingy nice guide although in-completable by myself.
    The pack is named TukUI.

You can download it here http://www.tukui.org/

Great Guide and this is definitely a great place to farm leather. However I suspect this will be nerfed in the next patch based on patch notes.

Lost City of the Tol'vir

* Tamed Tol'vir Prowlers now have regular loot and Skinning tables, instead of epic-quality loot.

no longer the case, i guess, the tigers now drop 1 savage leather each and 2 if you are lucky. so sure, to farm leathet you can get the 5 resets/h and skin them, but it' better and faster to get to other grinding spots, e.g. twilight highlands.

Deleted
    From experience they still drop 2 leather a piece and on lucky occasions 3. So you should end up with between 20-23 leather per run for 10 tigers skinned.

Re: Leather Farming

No longer possible anymore. Cannot reset instance more than 5x an hour as you'll get this error "You have entered too many instances".
    Also the tigers only drop 1 leather per mob now.

Deleted
    the best farming spots for savage leather i have found now are tol barad and tol barad peninsula. there is a lot of activity there due to dailies being done and there is often a lot of leather rotting.

the crocs in tol barad and the spiders in peninsula.

the down side is avoiding being ganked while farming, but then again it adds a little spice to farming.

Quote Originally Posted by abor View Post
    No longer possible anymore. Cannot reset instance more than 5x an hour as you'll get this error "You have entered too many instances".
    That's always been the case, and is acknowledged in the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by sontalak View Post
    the best farming spots for savage leather i have found now are tol barad and tol barad peninsula. there is a lot of activity there due to dailies being done and there is often a lot of leather rotting.

the crocs in tol barad and the spiders in peninsula.

the down side is avoiding being ganked while farming, but then again it adds a little spice to farming.
    This i can confirm, I've started killing spiders while waiting for my random queue and its going quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    That's always been the case, and is acknowledged in the guide.
    "Always" is a strong word. It hasn't in fact ALWAYS been the case. =)