PvP Epics in PvE Raids, your opinions?

My guild is starting to get down to serious PvE raiding after new years, and we've been trying some of the raids, and doing just fine. I however feel that the actual fights, (Conclave of Wind specifically) could have been done faster, like actually faster. Multiple attempts we hit their enrage, and on our last successful we had about 20 seconds left. I inspected a few guildmates gear later on and noticed resilience on their epics. We've tried to set a 4k wow-heroes gs minimum for raiding, and I think some have done this by getting pvp epics. They argue that stats are better; raw dps output is higher, more agil/stg etc. What is your opinion on this when these pieces are wasted itemization because of resilience?

If you bring the gear instead of the player you're doomed to fail the rest of the time you play wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Also, who said anything about teaching them a lesson? I know most of these daffy scrubs will never learn, I don't care. They can just keep getting punished for their stupidity and it will make no difference to me. It's all equally amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dekcahw View Post
    Question: Do you have mittens attached to your coat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whysomadbrah View Post
    If you have the right gear and go online and look up max threat/healing rotation you can macro it and button smash 1 button etc etc.

Imo right now.....if you can get some free pvp epics from killing a boss......so be it. The pve stuff takes mats with long cooldowns or 15-20k....Do what you gotta do for now I guess

Get them to have a minimum ilvl average worth of proper PvE gear, properly enchanted and gemmed. Then get them to read up on guides on how to play their classes properly. CoW is by no means a hard raid, but it's not excuse to bring resilience to a raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    were people enchanted and gemmed properly? flasked? using food? using their CDs properly? aside from everything else that could be pointed out, gear is actually a much smaller part of performance than most people think and in most cases, a lack of gear can be made up for by playing intelligently.

Deleted
    Clearly using the piece of gear giving you the biggest damage/healing boost is the way to go, regardless of whether said piece has resilience or not.

As an assassination rogue your damage is based partially off of your melee weapon damage, after doing doing 2 weeks of arena I bought the main hand dagger for the better burst damage, this increased my damage over a 346 pve dagger which seems to be due to the fact that the melee damage is higher. <- being because you get 20% extra melee damage from being Assassination spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnosthar View Post
    Clearly using the piece of gear giving you the biggest damage/healing boost is the way to go, regardless of whether said piece has resilience or not.
    Exactly an upgrade is an upgrade. If that piece of PvP gear is a PvE upgrade over their previous piece of PvE gear why wouldn't you use it until something better drops?

346 PvE blues are better than 359 PvP epics any day. For pve that is.
    And weapons are actually good, as exception.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the start of an expansion, the PvP gear often brings higher stats then heroics/JP rewards so atleast in my guild, everyone tries to get some really nice PvP lewt seeing as it makes for better gear which = more progress. I know bringing the player instead of gear is what brings most progress, but when you have the player and he's able to get gear, why not?!
    I've always used T2 weapon and stuff untill I get high-end weapons, in Wotlk I replaced it with the 1h sword from LK - This was seriously the only weapon except heroic version which gave better stats then the T2 mace. In ToC, the only weapon which gave better stats then the relentless T2 was the mace from Anub.
    Have I made my point clear enough? PvP gear is often really good for raiding, aslong as it has better stats (derp)

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt matter, most of plate gear is filled with mastery crap

Quote Originally Posted by Devouress View Post
    346 PvE blues are better than 359 PvP epics any day. For pve that is.
    This is not correct. 359 PvP gear can often be better than 346 PvE. It will depend on class and stat weights, but for DKs, the 359 gear can be better due to the high value of str and increase in str due to item level.

Deleted
    Usually ilvl346>ilvl 365 pvp gear but not all the time

I'm using the Epic PvP legs to tank with (reforged and gemmed for tanking obviously) until my tier. For many situations they are better than any blue I can get. Use any upgrade possible, it's not a waste if it's better than what you have.

In a couple cases - namely the PvP 359 weapons - you are vastly stronger with a PvP weapon than a 346 blue one.