Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Or the Doctor so racked with guilt blotted out JH.
    yeah but that wouldnt rewrite time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Or the Doctor so racked with guilt blotted out JH.
    But the thing she entered was his path through time, his time lines, if he was a parrot the doctors history, he would have still been part of the timeline. Only reasonable thing I can think of is that his part of the timeline was time locked, so no one could enter. That would make sense I suppose,
    dragonmaw - EU

this is both my favorite and most frustrating part about doctor who. speculation
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The ending of the finale was absolutely fantastic.

Also, the title for the episode was PERFECT.

So many people were thrown off from the actual meaning of the title and his name itself.

Utterly fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Did anyone else notice that the giant future TARDIS had the exact same window crack as the present TARDIS? Normally this would repair itself, so if he didn't die there that very day why would that EXACT crack be there in the future?

Unless GI entering his timeline was what caused him to die in the first place, and that this episode WAS where/when he was supposed to die and Clara entering the timeline prevented it.

Which would beg the question, why would the future one still be there?

Some reference pics for ya. As you can see, the crack is the same pattern in the exact same window pane. If he were to survive and leave the planet, the TARDIS would have repaired, thus the future one wouldn't have the exact crack.

Then again it could simply be they reused the same prop/model and scaled it up, keeping the crack there because it's supposed to look ruined anyway. *shrug*
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the giant future TARDIS had the exact same window crack as the present TARDIS? Normally this would repair itself, so if he didn't die there that very day why would that EXACT crack be there in the future?

Unless GI entering his timeline was what caused him to die in the first place, and that this episode WAS where/when he was supposed to die and Clara entering the timeline prevented it.

Some reference pics for ya. As you can see, the crack is the same pattern in the exact same window pane. If he were to survive and leave the planet, the TARDIS would have repaired, thus the future one wouldn't have the exact crack.

Then again it could simply be they reused the same prop/model and scaled it up, keeping the crack there because it's supposed to look ruined anyway. *shrug*
    thats what i was thinking to, were the silence trying to prevent the great intelligence from changing time? or something the doctor does after time is changed?

its definitely confusing

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 10:35 PM ----------

also do you guys think they will have a 10th anniversary special in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats what i was thinking to, were the silence trying to prevent the great intelligence from changing time? or something the doctor does after time is changed?

its definitely confusing

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 10:35 PM ----------

Also...did anyone notice that the faceless guys with GI (I forgot their name...bah) looked an awful lot like they were created from The Flesh?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As wibbley wobbley as Doctor stuff is...I don't think they are going to have a 10 year anni 2 years after they celebrate the 50th anni.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    As wibbley wobbley as Doctor stuff is...I don't think they are going to have a 10 year anni 2 years after they celebrate the 50th anni.
    yeah but think about all that merchandise money and all the extra advertisement money bbc america would get when they put anniversary in front of something! lol

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 10:45 PM ----------

Also...did anyone notice that the faceless guys with GI (I forgot their name...bah) looked an awful lot like they were created from The Flesh?
    yeah the whisper men did kinda have that playdo stretchy effect goin on

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 10:47 PM ----------

obviously if they did it wouldnt be as huge as the 50th but i imagine they will do something for the 10th and i bet david would come back again if they asked lol

I noticed this as well. I assumed it meant that the crack in the middle will remain there in the future. Maybe because the TARDIS was turned off at the time of the crash meant it didn't recognize it as needed to be repaired... or maybe the Doctor just wanted it to stay there as a reminder that he's the boss of the TARDIS. I think it's cool to have some bit of wear and tear on the TARDIS now; we'll see if the crack holds up into the next season (or even plays a role somehow).

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Except the entire exchange right after that where she said I'm linked with Clara and she's gone...makes you wonder why I'm still here huh? Doctor: Yes, why are you still here. River: Spoilers..fades away in epic goodbye.

PS- For all the people referencing the Valeyard, it's clearly stated that is in the Doctor's future. Even the G.I. said he would be known as that. Considering that Smith said Hurt was his big secret, it clearly happened already and is his past. I don't know why we're even having to explain this page after page.
    Because knowing moffet nothing is as obvious as it should be. The line about spoilers from River, the speach from hurt all add up to one conclusion, but moffet might just through out a curve ball. After all why did the silence want to kill the Doctor? To keep him from dying 0.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Because knowing moffet nothing is as obvious as it should be. The line about spoilers from River, the speach from hurt all add up to one conclusion, but moffet might just through out a curve ball. After all why did the silence want to kill the Doctor? To keep him from dying 0.o
    I think they just want to kill him to stop him from 'unlocking' his past, which might end the timelock?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish we found out what his real name is. i was hoping it would be harold, or trevor

the writing in the episode was really good, especially, what is your name, doctor. Who? doctor! WHO?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i wish we found out what his real name is. i was hoping it would be harold, or trevor

the writing in the episode was really good, especially, what is your name, doctor. Who? doctor! WHO?
    a good portion of the fans would flip out in a really bad way if they actually revealed his name, i doubt even if it were ending we would learn his name
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-05-20 at 06:07 AM.

In the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh...

What fall?

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 11:00 AM ----------

[IMG]http://media.sfx.co.uk/files/2013/05/Doctor-Who-7.13-the-name-of-the-doctor-breakage.png[/IG]
    [IMG]http://media.sfx.co.uk/files/2013/05/Doctor-Who-7.13-the-name-of-the-doctor-giant-tardis.png[/IG]

Maybe it disappeared after Clara entered?

Deleted
    Could have been his fall through time but, yes, it didn't play out as I expected. The Silence went to all the trouble to create River Song and then she misses Trenzalore anyway because she's dead? On that note, absolutely beautiful ending for her; she's been my favourite thing about nu-Who since her first appearance, and I always felt that the ending she got in the Library would have upset her due to her later character development.

I had wondered, speculation wise, whether Tennant could be Valeyard-esque because of the meta-crisis he caused when he split off into the single heart version in the alternate dimension? The DoctorDonna showed the pain a human feels when they have all that power, and how much trouble they'd be in if they felt the weight of the world? 10 specifically says that version is human if memory serves

Admittedly he'd then have to be in an arc, and they're not going to show imo the superior Doctor. If you believe the speculation that Hurt might be the chronological ninth Doctor, this would make Matt the 12th generation, and Zellviren assures me that the Valeyard is around the 13th regen?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    In the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh...

What fall?
    the fall is the location of his death in the future. we all assumed it was an event or time but it seems to be a place

the fall is the location of his death in the future. we all assumed it was an event or time but it seems to be a place
    So The Eleventh was supposed to die, and Clara saved him?

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Very much this, he should not be allowed to be serious doctor. He just can't seem to do it
    I'd rate him as a the best with the serious scenes, really. I adored his performance in Nightmare in Silver - His battle with the cyber controller was fantastic.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure that the cast and crew will celebrate it, but I *really* doubt the BBC will do anything major, especially so soon after the huge budget the show has received for the 50th. Might get a Confidential style special or something.

Which would be great, as Who Confidential was my favorite part of the weekend when it was still coming on. Matt and Greg wandering around the set with the Toy Dalek and humming the old theme was hilarious.

-----

As for the crack in the TARDIS window pane, don't start coming up with crazy ideas on it yet. Remember that when something happens, it is almost instantly reflected in the timeline... For various reasons.

For example, The Doctor shaves half his head? Suddenly the future version of him also has a half-shaved head. The TARDIS gets some damage, it instantly has that damage in the future version, because while we can ASSUME it will be fixed, it has not yet been fixed and thus that is the condition that it is in for all eternity until further information is gleaned.

But then again, maybe one of the episodes in the next series will be "THE CRACK IN THE TARDIS WINDOW PANE".
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.