Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/d...panion-1303875 Really looking forward to when she arives. Sounds like they're going to do it well and i really hope this 'character change' the Doctor undergoes is good.

River returns in two episodes, I am not excited...Hopefully that is the last we see of her ever.

And yeah Tennant had the best dark and serious bits.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's his acting, just go watch some of it, while matt smith can do some serious bits, most of the time he's just goofing around and i think in the end it just fucks it up. Go watch the first episode you see him in, he just acts over the top childish. That combined with the amount of episodes he does it in in the end just adds up and up, then when it comes to a serious part it just doesn't seem natural.

That combined with not as good acting, looks come into it too and i personally think Tennant can pull off the serious look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post

I'm still trying to figure out if that's the writing or the acting. I'm leaning towards the latter. Moffat had some of the best episodes in the earlier seasons so when I heard he was taking over I assumed every single episode would be the most epic thing ever. Needless to say I was very disappointed.
    Yeah and i'm sad she is going to be in a weeping angels episode, because the Weeping Angels are the creepiest (and probably my favorite) monsters/villains/aliens in doctor who.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-09-16 at 03:21 AM.

It looks like Amy is going to choose to part ways with the Doctor.
    This is going to be heart-wrenching to watch; saying goodbye to your best friend =(
    I wonder how she'll do it... properly? Or with a big blow-up? Or a screw you?

15+ Year Old Account
    They die from the sound of it don't they? Or something bad is going to happen, i'm expecting death or something time related due to the whole episode being about the angels etc.

Well, SOMEONE is going to die from the Weeping Angels. I'm guessing it's going to be Rory.

From the director: "It is a heart-breaking farewell to Amy and Rory. We see the Doctor and his little Amelia Pond race through the streets of Manhattan to save Rory with help along the way as River Song charges back on to our screens, just in time to say goodbye."

He also stated that both Ponds will depart "in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in Episode 5. Not everyone gets out alive, and I mean it this time."

It would be so depressing to have the entire Pond family die off. Of course, they could throw us and have Rory's dad die or something instead. I'm really feeling like Amy is going to tell off the Doctor in some way, really give him the cold hard truth. The Doctor is supposed to be changing dramatically after the departure of Amy so SOMETHING crucial is going to go down for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Writer Moffat said of the Doctor: “He becomes a slightly different man. He dresses differently."
    No more Bowties?

Also I think it's pretty much a given at this point that either Rory dies, and Amy can't take it, so she tells the Doctor to fuck off and leaves him forever, or Amy dies, Rory flips out, as lets face it he's not the Doctors biggest fan, and tells him that he's a curse etc, and leaves forever.

I don't think they'll kill them both off, as it's far more dramatic and wrenching to have ONE die and the survivor lay all the blame (rightly?) at the Doctors feet, this causes a character change that hopefully doesn't include the loss of Bowties.

Tbh I'm quite glad they're going to take a more serious route with the next section of this season, Matt Smith is great and the cheese factor has always been a part of Doctor Who, but I think they're taking it a LITTLE too far, and need to bring it back to a more Tennant era of seriousness. Of course Matt Smith can never fully pull off the 'Last Surviving Timelord' grimmness that Tennant did so perfectly, but I'm sure he'll give it a damn good shot.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end the Doctor is the biggest villain of genocide. It would just be his true self coming out again.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know... The first Angel episode "Blink" was superb, but their return in later season was... Not really great.
    The whole atmosphere was gone.
    Agreed. Can we just be done with the Weeping Angels already? Blink was an awesome episode but it should have started and ended on that high note. As a recurring enemy they're pretty annoying.

One thing I don't get about this last western episode is why the Doctor wanted the Alien Doctor dead.

Yes, the Doctor went to the ship and saw the brutal experiments... but the Doctor has done much worse to his enemies.

Perhaps the Doctor was projecting his own guilty feelings about his past onto the Alien Doctor? If that's the case, then I can understand why he had a change of heart and wanted to save the Alien Doctor instead; when the Sheriff gave his life I think perhaps the Doctor realized that his own companions (the Ponds) would have done the same if it were him. Thus the Doctor feels his friends are his redemption, in the way the the Alien Doctor feels this new town is his penance.

I answered my own question but I thought it was an interesting dynamic. The script is confusing on this show though so who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know... The first Angel episode "Blink" was superb, but their return in later season was... Not really great.
    The whole atmosphere was gone.
    Exactly, the two-parter with the angels wasn't nearly as good as "Blink" (which, incidentally, is one of my favorite episodes). Also, it pretty much ruined one of the cool things about the engels - they look like they are weeping, because they need to cover their faces to noot look at each other. The bunch on angels in the two parter kept looking at each other all the time.

This series, sadly, isn't as good as 6. In terms of the new series', I think 5 and 6 were some of the best in terms of storytelling. Russel T. Davies, while I give him credit for bringing the show back, had too many fluff episodes happen. Series 7 seems like it's gone back to that. A Town Called Mercy had some wonderful talking points in it, but nothing really involving a main storyline. And if the main storyline is really all about getting the new companion in, then im sorry, that's just kinda sad considering the epic feel that the cracks in time or the doctor's death in 5 and 6 did.
    Last edited by Rizal666; 2012-09-18 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I'm sorry to say but blizz has every right. They do not even need a reason. If they wanted to remove portals because they liked the taste of pink, that is a good enough reason for you and anyone else. Stop being a cry baby and adapt like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Well, if you can find the ship he and all of his dinosaur friends are yours. Just make sure you feed them properly and throw the ball every once in awhile. Also, he likes his ears rubbed and belly patted. Good luck and hopefully you don't get eaten. If you do get eaten can I have all your belongings?
    Except mean evil poopyface guy killed the Triceratops

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Wilfred is pretty epic!
    Agreed. Makes me sad everyone forgets him.

Tennant seemed to have a beautiful sadness. And a vengeful rage. I liked it.
    When Matt Smith is angry, it seems just like... A silly man being a bit angry.
    Yea, it never seems real when he is all being angry and stuff =/

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    It would be so depressing to have the entire Pond family die off. Of course, they could throw us and have Rory's dad die or something instead. I'm really feeling like Amy is going to tell off the Doctor in some way, really give him the cold hard truth. The Doctor is supposed to be changing dramatically after the departure of Amy so SOMETHING crucial is going to go down for him.
    Well it's not going to be River because she has to make it to the library. I hope it's Amy. I like Amy and stuff but Rory has died so much that it would be sort of boring for him to die again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Exactly, the two-parter with the angels wasn't nearly as good as "Blink" (which, incidentally, is one of my favorite episodes). Also, it pretty much ruined one of the cool things about the engels - they look like they are weeping, because they need to cover their faces to noot look at each other. The bunch on angels in the two parter kept looking at each other all the time.
    Yea, but Angel Bob was pretty cool and creepy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizal666 View Post
    This series, sadly, isn't as good as 6. In terms of the new series', I think 5 and 6 were some of the best in terms of storytelling. Russel T. Davies, while I give him credit for bringing the show back, had too many fluff episodes happen. Series 7 seems like it's gone back to that. A Town Called Mercy had some wonderful talking points in it, but nothing really involving a main storyline. And if the main storyline is really all about getting the new companion in, then im sorry, that's just kinda sad considering the epic feel that the cracks in time or the doctor's death in 5 and 6 did.
    Yea I have to say overall I was disappointed in the latest episode It felt really empty to me, and the way that Ben Browder died was completely lame as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink and the Angels were my favorites too. I was very sad to see them out of their proper atmosphere.
    I very much hope Moffat does not go back and decides to redo the Gas Mask "zombie" events.
    That was one of my favorite episodes. You never could have guessed what it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink and the Angels were my favorites too. I was very sad to see them out of their proper atmosphere.
    I very much hope Moffat does not go back and decides to redo the Gas Mask "zombie" events.
    Blink is EVERYONES favourite episode , If there was ever a poll, I would be willing to be money on it coming either number 1 or at the VERY least top 3

Also... Just read an interview with Karen Gillan in Big Issue, I'm now like 90% certain she dies.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    One thing I don't get about this last western episode is why the Doctor wanted the Alien Doctor dead.

Yes, the Doctor went to the ship and saw the brutal experiments... but the Doctor has done much worse to his enemies.

Perhaps the Doctor was projecting his own guilty feelings about his past onto the Alien Doctor? If that's the case, then I can understand why he had a change of heart and wanted to save the Alien Doctor instead; when the Sheriff gave his life I think perhaps the Doctor realized that his own companions (the Ponds) would have done the same if it were him. Thus the Doctor feels his friends are his redemption, in the way the the Alien Doctor feels this new town is his penance.

I answered my own question but I thought it was an interesting dynamic. The script is confusing on this show though so who knows?

you'll notice that he was undecided about what to do with him until jex said "thank god you're people dont have to count on you to make the tough decisions"

the time war is a very sensitive topic to the doctor and someone insinuating he cant make tough decisions when he commited genocide on his entire race to save the universe just made him snap. of course jex didnt know about the time war and probably wouldnt have said anything if he knew it still made something snap inside the doctor
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

No it's not. I called it. Don't give me any of that gibberish. If other people want a favorite episode too then that's fine, but I've already called Blink.
    my favorite episode used to be the girl who waited but my new favorite is dinosaurs on a spaceship

most fun ive had watching an episode since idk when perfect mix of wide eyed child like doctor and dark doctor

"im 31 dad i dont have a christmas list anymore!!" "I DO!!!"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea, but Angel Bob was pretty cool and creepy as well.
    True, but that brings up another point: it was established in "Blink" that the angels don't actually kill people, they send them back in time. It was pretty much the plot of the episode. And yet, when we see the angels again, they do an awful lot of killing...
    Yes, I'm nitpicking. I liked the concept of the angels a lot, and pretty much everything that made them feel unique was later ruined or ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. I called it. Don't give me any of that gibberish. If other people want a favorite episode too then that's fine, but I've already called Blink.
    Awwwwww no fair, fine then.... I'll pick....... ooh Human Nature/Family of Blood(it's a two parter so it counts ), creepy fucking episode.