Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Naw man. If we are going back, lets go back to Donna and Tennant.
    If we are going back, I'd like to see them do something with the 8th Doctor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    If we are going back, I'd like to see them do something with the 8th Doctor.
    We had one small thing with him I thought.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

We had one small thing with him I thought.
    Yes, we did. On screen we've seen him become the 8th Doctor (back in 1996), and we've seen the 8th Doctor regenerate into the War Doctor. That's it. Everything else has been books and audio dramas. So I think they should do something on-screen with him again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Yes, we did. On screen we've seen him become the 8th Doctor (back in 1996), and we've seen the 8th Doctor regenerate into the War Doctor. That's it. Everything else has been books and audio dramas. So I think they should do something on-screen with him again.
    I want to see more of Tom Baker myself.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

McGann was great but producers are always strongly motivated to put their own stamp on their work when they can to boost their CV. If Moffat gave us a bunch of McGann episodes, he didn't cast McGann originally so it diminishes the work in the eyes of future employers unfortunately. Now if he casts a totally new Doctor and that Doctor becomes incredibly popular, that the best thing for his CV.

Its similar to video games. In World of Warcraft, they could easily make the game social again but reinstalling a simple world chat and creating individual realms. The problem is, those are VERY easy fixes and they do not boost the CV of the programmers to fix it that way. The programmers are strongly motivated to test brand new fixes instead, so you get things like CRZ, sharding, Blizzard IDs, etc. None of it worked but if their career is more important than the health of the game that is what they will continue to do. So it never gets fixed but they heap tons of praise of themselves for the new ideas.

McGann could very well make Doctor Who much more popular than it is currently. But if it is more important to the producer to push their career instead of improve the show, McGann will never be cast.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even the tiniest bit interested in Class. Just... URG.

Christmas special though! Yeah tbh that looks pretty shit too... Then again, it's an Xmas special, they're usually pretty hit and miss, mostly miss.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm legit ducking furious that class isn't airing in the US until 2017 with the new series.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So the Christmas special is set in New York City?

The same New York City he said he couldnt go back to or was that he couldnt go back in NYC past?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    The same New York City he said he couldnt go back to or was that he couldnt go back in NYC past?
    He can't go back to THAT year, or was it within the Pond's lifetime? Something along those lines... If he could NEVER return to NYC that would be silly and super OTT.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He can't go back to THAT year, or was it within the Pond's lifetime? Something along those lines... If he could NEVER return to NYC that would be silly and super OTT.
    he couldnt go back to save them, because he saw their tombstones and saw that they died in NYC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuffs View Post
    he couldnt go back to save them, because he saw their tombstones and saw that they died in NYC
    He saw their tombstones but didn't see them die though, he could have faked their deaths, or some other timey whimey thing, River could have used the vortex manipulator to save them, rory/amy could have moved back to england, the doctor could have waited a year or thought up anything else to save them... Like for god sakes the doctor literally went and found Galifrey and cheated the end of the universe to save Clara..but a slight bit of effort for rory/amy. No can't do that.

Also just seen the first two episodes of the spin off..., i like Katherine kelly, just like the master. However the football jock gets on my nerves :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Also just seen the first two episodes of the spin off..., i like Katherine kelly, just like the master. However the football jock gets on my nerves :/
    Wait, Class it out? Where can I watch it? I'm assuming iPlayer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah bbc iplayer

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I'll check that out later. How is the pilot?

i might have to use a vpn to watch class because fuck waiting a year god damnit.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Cool, I'll check that out later. How is the pilot?
    Spoilers below.

There's some interesting elements.
    I liked the concept of the gun that kills both wielder and target and how it is handled.

Obviously, Capaldi nails it, and his proper entrance is brilliant ("I never thought it would possible. Dying well ? Who wants to die well ? It should be not dying well!"), and we finally get to see his new screwdriver in action! However, seeing it the first time on a spin-off and not the main show feels... bad imo.
    Also, at the end, when the Doctor "appoints" Quill in charge, she says that she can't use guns, and the Doctor answers : "Use your brain, the best weapon".

On the bad side, characters are so cliche and cringy (the genius that is socially inept and don't even know her own address, come on...) it hurts.
    They basically took the characters from Torchwood and Sarah Jane and put them here.
    However, the relationship between Charlie and Quill and how it happen is kind of interesting.

I found acting to be quite bad (the way Quill's "There's nothing to do but to die well" was delivered was so bad that even the bratty children in Nightmare in Silver (season 7 where we first see the latest Cyberman design with Eleven and Clara) were better... or should I say "not that bad").

Apart from the one or two interesting things mentioned above, the rest is just a copy paste from Doctor Who : main characters (Charlie and Quill) being the last of their kind, the monster being similar to Vashtra Nerada, the rift in time where the monster came from that looked like Season 5's crack in the wall, Charlie has a "box" that is bigger on the inside...

I wasn't expecting anything from Class and I am still disappointed. I kind of feel like I have wasted 50 minutes of my life, thanksfully Capaldi showed up and made the last 20 minutes a little bit better. It may only be the pilot, but even Torchwood's pilot hooked me instantly. I don't think I'll be watching the rest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I wasn't expecting anything from Class and I am still disappointed. I kind of feel like I have wasted 50 minutes of my life, thanksfully Capaldi showed up and made the last 20 minutes a little bit better. It may only be the pilot, but even Torchwood's pilot hooked me instantly. I don't think I'll be watching the rest though.
    This was pretty much what I was worried about... I know I SHOULD watch it, but I just really can't bring myself to.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was pretty much what I was worried about... I know I SHOULD watch it, but I just really can't bring myself to.
    Honestly Torchwood was never that good. I never got to finish it, but some people told me not to anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Torchwood was never that good. I never got to finish it, but some people told me not to anyways.
    I was talking about Class, not Torchwood. Torchwood season 1&2 were great, the first mini series was AWESOME...

We don't talk about the second one... Best to pretend it just doesn't exist.