Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    To spring off this idea, I could see the Doctor wanting a challenge, and being constantly exasperated by being taken less seriously as a person of color or a woman.

Or, he subconsciously becomes one of these, and then is constantly surprised at the pettiness of humans when they're like, "What do you know, you're just a XXXXX!" And then he gets angry, especially when such pettiness puts people in danger.
    So you want him to become a stereotype.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Or, he subconsciously becomes one of these, and then is constantly surprised at the pettiness of humans when they're like, "What do you know, you're just a XXXXX!" And then he gets angry, especially when such pettiness puts people in danger.
    they already do this though, "you're just an old man!" "you're just a nobody!" ect ect.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Power of Three yes, odd episode... But I don't mean he should just no nothing. I mean there are a million stories, you could almost say COUNTLESS stories out there that don't involve going to the past. It's totally possible for the Doctor from now on never to go back in time far enough that skin colour or gender would be a huge issue. Between modern day stories, futuristic stories and space travel stories there is MORE than enough material to covr.
    The third doctor was grounded for awhile wasn't he? Also the episode with Craig and the cyber men in the department store did'y have any time travel that I can remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The third doctor was grounded for awhile wasn't he? Also the episode with Craig and the cyber men in the department store did'y have any time travel that I can remember.
    Yup, it's totally possible and has been done many many times before. Honestly, the whole "History was shit for non white males" arguement that seems to be the core of many people's problems with recasting the Doctor is pretty weak, when you look at it objectively.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So you want him to become a stereotype.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of social commentary it's what separates the pulpy fun stuff from intelligent media.

I really hope missy sticks around after capaldi goes.

shes probably my favorite part of capaldi's run shes just so rad.

id really love it if the master stuck around for a good while, imo the master should show up atleast like once a series even if its just a cameo
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    LOVE Michelle Gomez. She sort of plays the same character in everything she's in, but it's such a great character that's not REALLY a problem.

Wish we could have had a season of just Capaldi and Gomez adventuring together, would have been amazing.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

LOVE Michelle Gomez. She sort of plays the same character in everything she's in, but it's such a great character that's not REALLY a problem.

Wish we could have had a season of just Capaldi and Gomez adventuring together, would have been amazing.
    Eh, I don't think The Doctor and The Master/Missy actually going on adventures together would work, or should be done. She's still a villain first and foremost, I can't see The Doctor wanting her around, wouldn't be healthy for him either. She's probably best in smaller bites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Eh, I don't think The Doctor and The Master/Missy actually going on adventures together would work, or should be done. She's still a villain first and foremost, I can't see The Doctor wanting her around, wouldn't be healthy for him either. She's probably best in smaller bites.
    I was thinking of a Silence of the Lambs style thing... With Missy locked up somewhere in the TARDIS, while the Doctor goes on adventures, occasionally heading back to her to ask advice, or just for hilarious back and forth.

Bias aside, it probably wouldn't work for a WHOLE season, but I think a few episodes of it would be great.

Deleted
    As much as I love Missy, I also think that like the doctor, the master should regenerate periodically and no single incarnation should outstay their welcome. Charles Dance was rumoured as the Master a while back, that's still something I'd love to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    As much as I love Missy, I also think that like the doctor, the master should regenerate periodically and no single incarnation should outstay their welcome. Charles Dance was rumoured as the Master a while back, that's still something I'd love to see.
    I had also heard that, and was VERY much into the idea. Can you imagine a season of Capaldi's Doctor going up against Dance's Master?

HOLY SHIT that would have been amazing television.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had also heard that, and was VERY much into the idea. Can you imagine a season of Capaldi's Doctor going up against Dance's Master?

HOLY SHIT that would have been amazing television.
    At first I loved Missy...but I feel like they over used her, kind of like that have done with River.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    At first I loved Missy...but I feel like they over used her, kind of like that have done with River.
    She was only a major fixture of four episodes, but I guess the problem was that she was in the finale of season 8 and the start of season 9. So Christmas special excluded we had a bit of a block of Missy episodes. If she turns up at the end of Season 10 we won't have seen her in almost two years. But still, after that time for her to regenerate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    But still, after that time for her to regenerate.
    As much as I like her... I kinda thing she should go after this season. I mean, we might as well just nuke everything but the TARDIS and start again. New Show Runner, now Doctor, now Companion, new Master, new everything.

bills might stay. the tardis will likely be changed though. been the same tardis since matt and claras first year except for minor changes like adding book shelves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, Bill has a real "Filler Companion" feel to her. A one and done type jobby.

She was never going to be a real focus companion, like Rose, Amy or Clara.

And I'm not saying that's a bad thing either, I prefer when companions are props for the Doctor and not the other way around.

I don't know, Bill has a real "Filler Companion" feel to her. A one and done type jobby.

She was never going to be a real focus companion, like Rose, Amy or Clara.

And I'm not saying that's a bad thing either, I prefer when companions are props for the Doctor and not the other way around.
    Agreed. The doctor should just travel with mr huffle as his companion.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Agreed. The doctor should just travel with mr huffle as his companion.
    1000000000000x this. Mr Huffle was my favourite part of the Christmas Special. If he doesn't make an appearance AT LEAST once in season 10 I will be fuming.

To spring off this idea, I could see the Doctor wanting a challenge, and being constantly exasperated by being taken less seriously as a person of color or a woman.

I'm starting to think this is a really bad idea. I watched the new TV series Timeless which just wrapped up last week. One of the time travelers is a black man, and another is a woman, and literally in every episode they have to deal with either people being racist against the black guy or sexist against the woman. It got very very tiring. It started to really get in the way of the story.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Haven't kept up, dont like how this change over is being handle/how Peter is being treated and not a fan of Bill
    however, have they announced the episode titles, will we get 13th's version of Day of the Doctor?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs