Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

As much as I love to blame everything on Moffat, this one is purely the fault of the viewing public. Last season we had almost a whole season of two-parters... And everyone complained that it was too much, so this season, we're back to one-shots..
    They did!? Man, I LOVED last season BECAUSE it was all two-parters! We had plenty of time to develop all the characters, ect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So hows the new season, and how is Bill? For reference, i loved the last season. Think there's any chance of his side of Day of the Doctor?
    I doubt it, especially since the scene would literally be just 5 minutes of him flipping controls on the TARDIS console. They're going to write that off as something he probably did between "Return of Doctor Mysterio" and "The Pilot".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So hows the new season, and how is Bill? For reference, i loved the last season. Think there's any chance of his side of Day of the Doctor?
    This season has been 50/50 so far. First episode was great, second not so much, third episode was classic Doctor Who monster stuff, third was rushed AF.

Bill is awesome, her chemistry with Capaldi has honestly saved even the bad episodes, Capaldi is of course still excellent, and I'm going to be REALLY sorry to see him go.

I doubt we'll see his part of DoTD, simple because there wouldn't be much to show... He turned up, did the thing and left. Wouldn't exactly be compelling television.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They did!? Man, I LOVED last season BECAUSE it was all two-parters! We had plenty of time to develop all the characters, ect.
    I know! What can I say? people are idiots. They want instant gratification, and aren't willing to wait two weeks for a solid plot. They want everything self contained.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-05-08 at 05:52 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hey! i may drink bottles of cough syrup and smoke marijuana but i do not do meth! not even if it will give me great cheek bones!
    I've been around junkies my whole life, I know the rambling of a meth head when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    I've been around junkies my whole life, I know the rambling of a meth head when I see it.
    no bro im just regular ole crazy

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not like this episode that much. Her friends should have all stayed dead, it killed the realness of it for me.

And I myself not necessarily like all the two parters. The best episode last season, Heaven Sent, was (somewhat) a stand-alone and it was great. And the best episode of the season before that? Listen, also a standalone. I view Moffat as horrible at doing two-parters myself, that was something RTD was good at.

And the next episode...will it have those same monsters from Silence in the Library? Seems somewhat similar?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    They weren't your standard sure... But they were still plots that carried over two episodes. The general viewing public counted them as two parters and expressed their distaste. The end result is the same, whether you classify it as a standard two parter or not.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I did not like this episode that much. Her friends should have all stayed dead, it killed the realness of it for me.

And I myself not necessarily like all the two parters. The best episode last season, Heaven Sent, was (somewhat) a stand-alone and it was great. And the best episode of the season before that? Listen, also a standalone. I view Moffat as horrible at doing two-parters myself, that was something RTD was good at.

And the next episode...will it have those same monsters from Silence in the Library? Seems somewhat similar?
    Yep, that was probably the worst part about it for me, them all coming back to life at the end just sort of makes it all seem pointless, should have let them stay dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't have minded if that last one, the girl she knew beforehand, had survived. Them all coming back though? That was way too much...

Deleted
    I wouldn't have minded if that last one, the girl she knew beforehand, had survived. Them all coming back though? That was way too much...
    yeah the last girl would have been acceptable.

Really though, there was no need to kill them all off imo, or at least another reason why this would have been better as a 2 parter. we dont actually get to know any of the characters as they are killed off so fast, then they bring them back and its like "great, a bunch of characters i don't know and dont care about"

Episode 4~!

HOUSE PARTY BITCHES @_@

i also live in a house with 6 people O_O bills is basically lesbian me.

you must sign the contract in blood. muahahaha

when theres something strange in your neighborhood who you gonna call?

okay, haunted house, quirky hipsters, bills is wearing overalls, this is straight up 90s goosebumps holy shit

hmmm, capaldi had a weird look on his face when he mentioned regenerating. i have a feeling the doctor know his time is up soon.

okay, calling it now, the house is alive and its eating people its not haunted, all that creaking is because the house is totes a monster aliem

FREE GAY GRANDPA! HE JUST WANTED TO STEAL A BIT! SOMEONE GET THE UN ON THE LINE TELL CHINA FREE GAY GRANDPA!

i understood party, freestyle, and boom. i dont know most of what this dudes sayin but i like him

im proud of you bills ^-^

OH MY GOD IM RIGHT ARENT I @_@ THE HOUSE IS TOTES ALIVE @_@ ITS JUST LIKE THAT MOVIE MONSTER HOUSE!

these people are just like my friends @_@ bills is just like me! im bills you guys @_@ it was me the whole time

what the hell is the doctor doing digging around in bills pantry @_@

none of the outlets work? this is bullshit bills got jipped what the fuck kinda house has outlets that dont work???

AYE @_@ LANDLORDS CANT JUST WALK UP IN YOUR HOUSE LIKE THAT! THATS ILLEGAL! HE CANT JUST POOP IN YOUR TOILET WITHOUT ASKIN, ITS YOUR TOILET NOW! GO POOP SOMEWHERE ELSE OLD MAN!

this dudes a fuckin creepster man

netflix and chill

freaky scooby doo house!!!

bills is a lezzer stop being so thirsty man

yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but why?

oh no! thirsty man got eaten! @_@

this shits spoopy man O-O we dont normally get the spoops on doctor who anymore

this isnt a house O_O this is a venus flytrap for people O_O

asian girl got the fuck outta there O-O she was like NOPE FUCK YALL. good for her, leave the scooby doo shit to the doctor you go on be safe girl go netflix and chill somewhere else

@_@ IT WASNT THE HOUSE! IT WAS THE TREES @_@ THE PLANTS ARE EATING PEOPLE @_@ OH MY GOD

i thought scared was a super power O-O

why doesnt bills just deck this goofy fucker right in his gob!

WOOD ROACHES @_@

THIS BITCH IS PINOCHIOS @_@

this is one of the weirdest fucking episodes of who ive ever seen and i love it O_O

how in the hell are they gonna make me cop some feels for this creepy old man!

"better luck next time" these people just lost their fucking house and all their shit doctor, jesus fuck show some sympathy holy shit what if they dont have money for hotels? where the fuck bills gone sleep tonight doctor?

oh yeah its definitely missy in there, no doubts about it now.

deus ex aside, this episode was amazing, really spoopy and weird and different, wouldve been perfect if everyone stayed dead but parents would likely bitch that it scared their kids i guess

i gives this episode 8 space roaches out of 10
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah its definitely missy in there, no doubts about it now.
    I'm thinking it's Simm's master. With the confirmation by Moffat and everything going on, plus a weird regeneration ahead of us....I seriously think some devious paradox shit is about to go down. I've always had this weird feeling that Missy would turn out to be an impostor and that the Master was still Simm somehow. She's too on the nose that something could be up.

In any case, I'm calling it now. John Simm is in there.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    In any case, I'm calling it now. John Simm is in there.
    I think at this point it's all but confirmed to be one of the Masters... We just need to narrow down which one.

My money is on Missy. Then she causes some insane timey wimey paradoxial shit, which brings back the Mondasian Cybermen and the Simms Master, they they work together to fuck up the Doctor, leading to him regenerating. Because while ONE master was never able to get the better of the Doctor... Maybe two can achieve something greater! *ominous thunder*

my best to worst so far

episode 4
    episode 1
    episode 2
    episode 3

10+ Year Old Account
    my best to worst so far

episode 4
    episode 1
    episode 2
    episode 3
    Really? Interesting... I would have gone

Episode 1
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 2

Pilot was solid, good introduction for Bill, and had a couple of really great scenes
    Thin Ice was good, a classic Monster episode, what's not to love?
    Knock Knock had potential, but felt rushed. Bonus points for Suchet.
    Smile was just bad. Emoji robots are a big no.

Really? Interesting... I would have gone

Episode 1
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 2

Pilot was solid, good introduction for Bill, and had a couple of really great scenes
    Thin Ice was good, a classic Monster episode, what's not to love?
    Knock Knock had potential, but felt rushed. Bonus points for Suchet.
    Smile was just bad. Emoji robots are a big no.
    I would also go with that order. For the same reasons, plus I honestly shipped star eye girl and Bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyeara View Post
    I would also go with that order. For the same reasons, plus I honestly shipped star eye girl and Bill.
    Yup, it was a really sweet episode, especially their final goodbye. Honestly, didn't think Moffat could do characterisation so well...

15+ Year Old Account
    I myself am:

Thin Ice just felt....Too similar to all the other episodes, the whole letting the human companion decide to save the monster/alien who may or may not kill humans thing is so old.

Episode 4...Moved too fast, other humans should have died.

Episode one was really good, no real complaints.

Episode two I thought was done well. Humans that were dead stayed dead. I liked that whole emotion robot thing, it was a nice clever premise. I am not sure why you guys disliked it. I don't know why you guys disliked the 'Emoji' robots. Facial expressions is a human non verbal language, and even other animals respond similarly. Why you guys dislike it...I have no idea.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

the only problems i had with 4 was the massive deus ex at the end. i like it the most because of how unique it felt, felt more like an episode of scooby doo mixed with some old school gothic horror, i loved it.

i also had drank two bottles of delsym so i was high as fuck on dxm tripping balls so all the weird shit was super duper extra weird for me. maybe i wouldnt like it as much if i watched it sober but it was amazing watching it high

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo what's everyone's hopes for the new doctor?

Myself am hoping for the innocence and playfulness of Matt smith (such as covering his eyes at the slight possibility of nudity) with the charm and likability of david tennant and seriousness of peter capaldi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for a 1/2 way between David and Peter. Something in the area of a Chris Ecclestone.

Comedic moments, but mostly quite serious, no romance plotline, with a subtle simmering anger underneath his actions.