Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

The doctor is just a crazy person with a box

Screw that finale it shat all over everything including recent episodes and plots including the final episodes with Smith

Also the wedding episode....what the hell happened “I don’t know what we do here” bitch you got married at least twice so you better know and screw “in my faith”

Give Jodie her Doctor moment because as of right now I don’t see her as the doctor much like Capaldi before his moment which was arguably in the finale with missy during his first season

53 years destroyed in 3 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The origin story / season finale posted the lowest consolidated rating in the history of New Who.

We had the origin.

The doctor was too kind to be a soldier and was a disappointment as a child as shown when Clara went back. Clara also saw every life of the doctor before....none of which included that BS. River now makes no sense because “your people changed because of their exposure to the time vortex” has been replaced with “fuck you here’s a Jesus baby”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Would Jenny (The Doctor's Daughter) count as another Timeless Child?

I always wondered what happened to her in the end.
    The same thing that happened to all time lord’s after the finale “fuck you here’s Jesus baby “

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

We had the origin.

The doctor was too kind to be a soldier and was a disappointment as a child as shown when Clara went back. Clara also saw every life of the doctor before....none of which included that BS. River now makes no sense because “your people changed because of their exposure to the time vortex” has been replaced with “fuck you here’s a Jesus baby”
    well the Timeless Child gave them regeneration abilities - what if they also spliced that into the TARDIS machines as well? I mean we have seen the Doctor's TARDIS regenerate quite a few times, just only on the inside

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The doctor is just a crazy person with a box

Screw that finale it shat all over everything including recent episodes and plots including the final episodes with Smith

Also the wedding episode....what the hell happened “I don’t know what we do here” bitch you got married at least twice so you better know and screw “in my faith”

Give Jodie her Doctor moment because as of right now I don’t see her as the doctor much like Capaldi before his moment which was arguably in the finale with missy during his first season

53 years destroyed in 3 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

We had the origin.

- - - Updated - - -

The same thing that happened to all time lord’s after the finale “fuck you here’s Jesus baby “
    The only thing that makes the timeless child special is something the doctor could always do, regenerate. We don't see anything else that makes the timeless child unique or powerful outside of that ability. Even if that number is "unlimited" moffat already left it very ambiguous as to how many regenerations the doctor had now never stating a fixed number and even specifically writing lines about how the doctor doesnt know and might just keep coming back, leaving it open so no other writer need be constrained in the future unless they wanted to.

Now had this been the masterplan where instead of tekteun it had been the doctor who had been the other, a near godlike founder of gallifrey and creator of time travel and other unspeakable and powerful creations alongside omega and rassilon like 7 was originally intended to become before cancellation then yeah you could say they made the doctor a jesus baby or whatever but as it stands the only thing the timeless child adds to the doctor is a mysterious background and questions.

Are those questions possibly unneeded or could lead to more controversy among the fandom? Absolutely. But it doesnt make the doctor some superhero. It doesnt give them some infinity gauntlet or get out of jail free card.

The timeless child can regenerate. The timelords reengineered and experimented to replicate that process.

The master or rassilon or omega or hell the rani could've been the timeless child and nothing would change about the doctors capabilities from what we have now.

Now their past in the division. Depending on how that all fits in. That might cause some changes. Being an elite super soldier or spy or whatever it is the doctor was in that time could give them undo experience or knowledge that might jave given them an advantage they didnt have before.

If we take into account that this all likely canonizes the morbius doctors thats at least a lot of lives the doctor lived in service of the timelords (although given the work who knows how long a life would last. The master and the doctor are roughly the same age, well were thought to be beforehand, and the master had burned through all 13 lives before the doctor had gone through just 3)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    The only thing that makes the timeless child special is something the doctor could always do, regenerate. We don't see anything else that makes the timeless child unique or powerful outside of that ability.
    Not really. Prior to the timeless child, the doctor was a time lord and thus could regenerate as all time-lords could. Nothing unique about that. But post the timeless child - the doctor is the timeless child who can regenerate ad infinity and the time-lords are just rip-offs. The doctor belongs to the species that can regenerate and it's not Gallifreyan. The doctor is literally ONE OF A KIND. That's the definitive definition of UNIQUE.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not really. Prior to the timeless child, the doctor was a time lord and thus could regenerate as all time-lords could. Nothing unique about that. But post the timeless child - the doctor is the timeless child who can regenerate ad infinity and the time-lords are just rip-offs. The doctor belongs to the species that can regenerate and it's not Gallifreyan. The doctor is literally ONE OF A KIND. That's the definitive definition of UNIQUE.
    How is that different from a doctor who can regenerate ad infinity post trenzalor aside from "mystery"? If they later bring in the doctors original species what specifically at least shown so far makes them anything more than gallifrey 2.0?

Theres plenty of criticisms to be placed upon this storyline. The people saying it makes the doctor any more powerful or god like then they were before are missing the point that this changes nothing about the doctors power level.

All this arc did was ask questions that probably didnt need to be asked in the first place. Nothing it revealed gave the doctor any sort of power up.

Rtd making timelords shoot lazer beams, fly around did more change to the doctors powerset than this did (luckily those things were rightfully swept under the rug)
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    How is that different from a doctor who can regenerate ad infinity post trenzalor aside from "mystery"?
    Why are you focusing on regeneration? post trenzalor the doctor got 12 more - oh so we were made to believe. Usual Time-lordy business.

But that's irrelevant. The doctor is a timeless child - an unknown entity. Not a time-lord. This is a pandora's box. We don't know what this species is capable of doing in their natural form (i.e. not subverted by time-lording torture), the doctor is eternal. I wouldn't be surprised to see the doctor gaining new abilities - because "timeless children are mysterious" - now that the doctor is aware and unrestrained... and it's only one of a kind so far.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why are you focusing on regeneration? post trenzalor the doctor got 12 more - oh so we were made to believe. Usual Time-lordy business.

But that's irrelevant. The doctor is a timeless child - an unknown entity. Not a time-lord. This is a pandora's box. We don't know what this species is capable of doing in their natural form (i.e. not subverted by time-lording torture), the doctor is eternal. I wouldn't be surprised to see the doctor gaining new abilities - because "timeless children are mysterious" - now that the doctor is aware and unrestrained... and it's only one of a kind so far.
    moffat actually intentionally left it ambiguous as to how many regenerations the doctor had been given, having the doctor state multiple times in episodes that he was unsure (for example in kill the moon where he says he might just keep coming back forever if they shoot him) he purposefully left it open so that writers could ignore the limit from then on if they wanted to.

i fail to see how the timeless child is anymore of an unknown entity than a timelord.

"the doctor can do anything now" yes but so could timelords. like my previous statement about flying around and shooting lazer beams.

before series 3 we didnt know timelords could harness the energy of thoughts like 10 did to defeat the master, or when the master returned and all of a sudden he can shoot literal lazer beams of power out of his hands, or to provide another not rtd example that regeneration energy could be used as a weapon ala river song in lets kill hitler and 11 destroying the dalek fleet, or the psychic communication between dawans master in the series opener.

until the doctor actually is shown to do something new that is made clear to be something timelords cannot normally do outside of regeneration theyre no more or less powerful than before and them being a timelord never stopped them from lopping on extra abilities

I've not watched the episode (My interest in the series died after after the 2nd new era doctor finished, matt smith just didn't interest me, tried going back for capaldi, but...I just didn't feel it from him and gave up completely) but what I've read about this episode...I dunno, it kinda feels like the writers were sick of some fans complaining that the current doctor was female, so they decided to ramp up rubbing their noses in it but writing in "ACTUALLY, the doctor was ORIGINALLY A LITTLE GIRL! And she wasn't white. nor was the 2nd one!...take THAT!"

I could be wrong, but as someone looking in from the outside, that's what it seems like to me.

I'll also admit, it does feel a little annoying to them retcon the 1st doctor from being his original self, to just what is apparently some random form preceded by who knows how many regenerations he's("it" now I suppose? Given the doctor changes genders all the time apparently) had?

it kind of feels like this is something that maybe should have been for an original character or series, but they were worried nobody would care, so they bolted it on dr who(with the added effect of giving them more excuses to cycle actors and keep the show going).
    Last edited by Icaras; 2020-03-14 at 10:35 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    delete this

fire the current writer
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    fire the current writer
    Considering literally every single episode he created under the leadership of other show runners was complete garbage, i don't know how to managed to get the role.

42 , The Hungry Earth/ Cold Blood (the ending of cold blood was enjoyable but that was because it wasn't written by him) , Dinosaurs on a Spaceship , The Power of Three

Compare that with Steven Moffat.. where every single one of them was amazing.

The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances , The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink , Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead

I agree chibnall should leave and im hoping next series is his last

- - - Updated - - -

rtd was all about relationships the storylines werent very deep but the characters were so good it didnt matter because the story was more a vehicle for that

moffat was all about fairy tale and spectacle, he really presented how a universe might see someone like the doctor. some people disliked how big or godlike they had made the doctor but if you think about it if someone lived as long as the doctor had, had stopped or defeated or destroyed as many enemies and empires as they had and just popped up throughout the universe for all of time there would definitely be myths and legends about them especially in the wake of a timelordfree universe

chibnall seems like his only goal is to state things. his companions all feel artificial, the doctor has kept them at arms length longer than any other companion in new who, they barely feel like they know eachother. i like jodie but she lacks anything i can think of that stands out for me like an everyone lives, or a man who never would, or a rings of akanhatan or a zygon inversion. the closest to that imo is her first episode

maybe next series with 1 companion and presumably the wrap up to these arcs with jodie probably leaving will give her time to really shine because i do like jodie just not chibnalls direction.

i really miss moffat. a lot of people werent fond of him at the end but i loved him and every series was a blast to me. having binge watched the whole series again recently while moffat did have trouble sticking the landing and finishing series he IS a master of hyping them up and spinning the tale. yeah the ending might not be so great all the time but the journey there? he always made it exciting.

Look, Steven Moffat is not only a huge fan but a very good writer. The people that criticized him were WAY off. Its going to be almost impossible to find any show runner that is going to produce the quality Moffat gave us. Once we get a few more years and maybe a few more show runners past Moffat, people will really elevate him. There's plenty of hit shows with garbage writers that lean heavily on a book series for good material, and once they deviate from the books it goes to utter crap.

We were lucky to have Steve.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

this is so cool. a lot of the big finish stories are on spotify if you're looking to dip your toes

- - - Updated - - -

man i sure do hope they bring mcgann back for the next anniversary. we all know chris will never do it or at least not for a very long time and john hurt has passed and mcgann is the only classic series doctor who can truly pass for his incarnation without some wibbly wobbly explanation.

hes one of the best doctors and he deserves more screen time.

could you imagine a 60th special with mcgann, david, matt, peter and jodie? (perhaps a 14th doctor as well, hell throw in jo and bradley too if you want, the caretaker if you'd like. id even accept the rest through wibbly wobbly means if you want but i doubt the bbc would do it)

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Time Lord Victorious will be set within the Dark Times at the start of the universe, when even the Eternals were young. It features the Eighth, Ninth and Tenth Doctors, travelling across Space and Time as they defend the universe from a terrible race.

As well as three Doctors, companion Rose Tyler and monsters including the Daleks and the Ood will feature, plus more to be revealed over the coming months as products are announced.

Partners involved in the project include Penguin Random House, BBC Books, Doctor Who Magazine, Titan Comics, Escape Hunt, Big Finish and Immersive Everywhere.

James Goss, Producer, said:

"BBC Studios’ Doctor Who licensees have come together to tell an amazing epic – one that’s full of monsters, fun and heart. All strands of the story unite into a mighty patchwork that ranges from one end of the universe to the next. There's more to be revealed, but the enthusiasm and ideas which the licensees have come up with are breath-taking. It's going to be such fun."

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...d-victorious#_

- - - Updated - - -

this may end up crossing over with the show as well considering its being pushed by bbc studios

Wow, for a second, David Tennant looked like Peter Capaldi and I was like, "That's not the 10th Doctor."

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Ratings for the series 12 finale were terrible. It pulled a 3.78 overnight which is the second lowest for the series, only higher than last week.

Some have speculated that with the ratings so terrible, they are going to have to break the emergency glass to attract an audience. That means series 13 *must* bring back David Tennant, Matt Smith, Billie Piper, etc. *If* they can get them. I mean I doubt they can get Karen Gillan (shes too big of a star now) nor Chris Eccelston (he hates Doctor Who). Its an interesting theory I've heard so I thought I'd mention it here and see if it actually happens. Speculation also is that series 13 will release in fall 2021, which makes sense of course.
    This speculation seems to be already happening, as they are bringing back a popular character for the new year's special in 2020/2021
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't bring them back...leave the glorious early episodes untainted by the horror that's currently ocuring.

They just need to have only one companion, get a head writer that can weave in plot points through the entire season, stop rewriting fundamental concepts of the show (timeless child, who the 1st doctor was etc) , stop giving me a lecture on current issues every episode, also I noticed the music is very monotone compared to before.